List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Should the AFC offer Taylor Walker a contract for 2025?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Depth Chart, currently. I though this was interesting to see what our depth actually looks like.

TALL DEFENDER
Nick Murray
Josh Worrell
Mark Keane
Jordon Butts
James Borlase

MIDSIZED DEFENDERS
Max Michalanney
Rory Laird
Mitch Hinge
Dan Curtin
Luke Nankervis
Wayne Milera
Hugh Bond
Chayce Jones
Oscar Ryan
Brodie Smith
Will Hamill
Patrick Parnell

MIDFIELDERS
Jordan Dawson
Izak Rankine
Matt Crouch
Jake Soligo
Lachlan Sholl
Sam Berry
Zac Taylor
Billy Dowling
Charlie Edwards
Harry Schoenberg

MIDSIZED FORWARD
Ben Keays
Josh Rachele
Lachlan Murphy
Luke Pedlar
Brayden Cook
Ned McHenry

TALL FORWARD
Riley Thilthorpe
Darcy Fogarty
Taylor Walker
Toby Murray
Chris Burgess
Lachlan Gollant
Elliott Himmelberg

RUCKMAN
Kieran Strachan
Reilly O’Brien

I think it'll be gone in a Luko deal. I'm not really happy about that, but it gives us more talent in our squad while Dawson/Fog/Hinge/Keays etc are all still going strong

Hoping out for F1 + 13 for Luko + 25
That would be a disgusting trade.

We should not be giving up a F1. We still have Nicks as coach, so there is every chance that pick could net the gun mid from Centrals.
None of our first round picks should even be entertained for Lukosious. GC need him gone, more than we need him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems unlikely that Dodson goes before 20.
Possibly. Twomey has him at 22 and rated as the best ruck in the draft

With clubs looking for a genuine 10 year ruck option clubs might reach for him earlier than 22

It was a monster effort from Dodson two weeks ago that further shone a spotlight on his talents as a big, roaming, roving ruckman. The talented basketballer had 32 disposals, 34 hitouts, 10 clearances and four inside-50s against Woodville-West Torrens in a dominant display that followed his selection as the under-18 All-Australian ruckman. Dodson has elevated himself into the position as the No.1 ruckman in the pool.

Is that backwards?
Out - F1, 25
In - Luko, 13

I don't like the idea of trading our future first when Nicks is still coach. Anything could happen, including another bottom 4 finish, and Lukosius absolutely is not worth a top 4 pick regardless of what we get back

Sadly I think Cumming's out of the running. Which is a shame as I think he'd improve our side a lot

I think Luko and ANB will happen, not sure of the potential cost though

Gut feel is that Suns' current view on value is that he's a former pick 2 that's played a heap of games and is in the prime of his career. They probably want our future first plus steak knives.

100% correct. Pretty much any draftee we get this year - or next - is impacting 3 years down the track. We don’t have that time to wait.
I suspect we use 4 because there isn’t a trade worthy of it - but wouldn’t surprise if the future first is ontraded

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Why don't we have 3 years to wait? You reckon we've got some sort of window opening over the next 2 years?

Gut feel is that Suns' current view on value is that he's a former pick 2 that's played a heap of games and is in the prime of his career. They probably want our future first plus steak knives.
Luko won’t request a trade if he doesn’t think a deal can get done, I guess, so I assume that if he remains silent (which is still very possible at this point), it’s because they’ll be asking for the price you say

I don't like the idea of trading our future first when Nicks is still coach. Anything could happen, including another bottom 4 finish, and Lukosius absolutely is not worth a top 4 pick regardless of what we get back
With Nicks coaching a low finish is a real possibility next season. F1 needs something big coming back.

Depth Chart, currently. I though this was interesting to see what our depth actually looks like.

TALL DEFENDER
Nick Murray
Josh Worrell
Mark Keane
Jordon Butts
James Borlase

MIDSIZED DEFENDERS
Max Michalanney
Rory Laird
Mitch Hinge
Dan Curtin
Luke Nankervis
Wayne Milera
Hugh Bond
Chayce Jones
Oscar Ryan
Brodie Smith
Will Hamill
Patrick Parnell

MIDFIELDERS
Jordan Dawson
Izak Rankine
Matt Crouch
Jake Soligo
Lachlan Sholl
Sam Berry
Zac Taylor
Billy Dowling
Charlie Edwards
Harry Schoenberg

MIDSIZED FORWARD
Ben Keays
Josh Rachele
Lachlan Murphy
Luke Pedlar
Brayden Cook
Ned McHenry

TALL FORWARD
Riley Thilthorpe
Darcy Fogarty
Taylor Walker
Toby Murray
Chris Burgess
Lachlan Gollant
Elliott Himmelberg

RUCKMAN
Kieran Strachan
Reilly O’Brien
Is there a rule for these things that you only put a player in one position. I think it gives a better picture of depth if you list a player in each position they can realistically play if needed.

So Rankine, Keays, Rachele, Pedlar are all listed as midsized forwards and mids. Dawson and Laird as midsized defender and mid. TT as tall forward and ruck etc etc

With Nicks coaching a low finish is a real possibility next season. F1 needs something big coming back.
It's a crapshoot really. Could finish anywhere from bottom 4 to finals. I think the risk of it being a really good pick is quite high

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Back