List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Should the AFC offer Taylor Walker a contract for 2025?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Petty really that much of an upgrade on Butts? I wouldn't have thought so. That seems to be "grass is greener on the other side" thinking.
I feel sorry for Butts. He is chained to FB by the coaches and completely constrained. Did you see the determination and enjoyment on his face when he ran freely towards the end of the match and drilled a superb long pass to Fog who goaled?
I reckon he said stuff the coaches, I'm going for the win.

Among the draft changes I reckon FA compo will be wound back so there's less impact on the first round. Was it pick 29 last year that saw the end of the first round? That's just nuts. From next year players like Petty probably won't be generating much in the way of a compo pick so IF he wants to come, we MAY be able to wangle a deal but we don't have much in the way of draft picks to work with.

I'm all in to try and get another high pick this year, why delay, bring forward 2025 assets into this draft while it's so strong on high quality mids.
Bringing forward draft picks makes sense now. With Tassie coming in soon, getting some youngsters now to be somewhat mature during the "lean draft years" of the Tassie raid, is 100% smart. Don't want to be heading to the draft through those years.

Could 2 seconds then get us a late 1st. That would get it done surely if we really were still keen on him. But if we had a late 1st, then using on him instead of maybe the young SA ruck from the u18 champs could look ugly
Carlton should have a surplus late first this year. Aren't they after 2 father son lads?

Wouldn't be against Rankine over Fog, but I just think it's time for Fog to step up. The possible absence of Walker gives him the opportunity to step up even more.

Milera??? 38 games in 5 years Milera???

The other two (Max and Muzz) have clear leadership potential and are important cogs in our side. Nothing wrong with a bit of up skilling the younger players. That said, I'm not going to kick up a fuss if Hinge is in the group. We just don't need such a big number of players in there. It's ridiculous
It's an interesting discussion.
For me, Dawson, Max, Muzz and Fog are all too similar in personality type. I think the leadership group should have more diversity so as to connect with the broader squad better.

I'm swapping Fog for Rankine and Hinge for Muzz. It's a bigger spread of "type". But your selections are safer picks though.

Yeah, didn't Sanders work out the Mick and Brett Cummings connection years ago?

Do you need sanders to piss on your back to tell you if it's raining in the morning? Seriously. **** me. If sanders "worked out the connection" to me being someone else then his workings out are very very wrong. Just because sanders thinks something doesn't mean it's true.. and it's okay for you to have your own opinions sometimes too. Crazy I know. 👍

Big question for the group.

Is Luke Pedlar's position in the squad in trouble?

Players I think will be delisted at the end of the year
Harry Schoenberg
Ned McHenry

They are two I am not convinced will get another go. But Pedlar has failed to cement a spot in the best 22, and by all appearances looks to have had players go past him like Dowling.

I havent seen much of bond but with Ryan coming on and Hamill showing some good run and carry Bond may struggle as well.

Due to our lack of depth maybe Pedlar stays but he surely is running out of chances.

Harry Schoenberg
Ned McHenry

They are two I am not convinced will get another go. But Pedlar has failed to cement a spot in the best 22, and by all appearances looks to have had players go past him like Dowling.

I havent seen much of bond but with Ryan coming on and Hamill showing some good run and carry Bond may struggle as well.

Due to our lack of depth maybe Pedlar stays but he surely is running out of chances.
I don't think Luke Pedlar is in any trouble retaining his list spot. Not yet anyway.

His place was in jeopardy based on that ridiculous game plan Nicks decided to play. Then he found some form to regard him spot in the team before hurting his shoulder.

I think he will have a huge pre season, regard his confidences with getting his body right. That will then allow him to get back to his form from last year.

Harry Schoenberg
Ned McHenry

Pedlar's not at huge risk of delistment merely because he has multiple years left after this one. Plus the the sort of mass list culls people dream about here just don't happen, and there are more than enough obvious delistments before even getting close to Pedlar.

That said, a competent list manager wouldn't suffer from the same collective amnesia about his pre-injury form that most others have.

Harry Schoenberg
Ned McHenry

Mate I think you should rethink your thoughts on footy

Pedlar and Schoenberg are zero % chance of being delisted.

McHenry a chance - although personally I think he will get another year with us

Bond definitely at risk

We will likely only have 4-5 changes and with Sloane already gone, Berg rumours, Parnell probably out there won’t be many more

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bond definitely at risk

We will likely only have 4-5 changes and with Sloane already gone, Berg rumours, Parnell probably out there won’t be many more

Bond is the only one of those definitely improving.

I actually think Bond is one to keep as we are in need of a tough small/mid one on one defender. At the moment we have Max playing that role but he needs to be released.

If they won't play Murphy in a lock down role then Bond is the one.

It may be that if we take a top end mid this year at the draft, pedlar might find his main role as a forward that can pinch hit in the middle. If he has a big preseason he could really make that his spot...far far higher ceiling than pedlar and mchenry
The good new Pedlar will have a higher ceiling than the old bad Pedlar... & McHenry & Murphy. ;)

It's an interesting discussion.
For me, Dawson, Max, Muzz and Fog are all too similar in personality type. I think the leadership group should have more diversity so as to connect with the broader squad better.

I'm swapping Fog for Rankine and Hinge for Muzz. It's a bigger spread of "type". But your selections are safer picks though.
What? Fog and Muzz are similar types so swap out fog and in Muzz?

Bond definitely at risk

Gollant the other one who could be in trouble.

Leadership group I'd like to see in 2025

Captain -
Jordan Dawson
Leadership - Darcy Fogarty, Max Michalanney, Nick Murray

No stand-alone VC at this stage, until one of the others step up and separates themself from the pack. In the meantime, it can rotate between those 3.

Good mix of mid, forward, defense.

Dawson - obvious. One of the best capitanos in the AFL.

Fogarty - In our leadership group already, and needs to be the one to take the bull by the horns in the forward line. We've had a vocal, strong leader there in Tex for the last decade - your turn Fog.

Max - He's my heir apparent for the C gig. Tough, committed, skillful and plays a team game. He will be a lead by example type Captain, but I think will become more and more confident if given more responsibility and opportunity

N.Murray - Toughest player on our list. He's a physical presence, and down the track should be given the mandate to impose himself wherever the game needs him, be it down back, up forward or around stoppage.

Don't give me this Keays, ROB, Murph, Milera, Smith sh**. When the whips are cracking, i'm not following them to my death.

Hinge unlucky, with him and Rankine next cabs off the rank, but let's not dilute the priveledge and responsibility by having a dozen players in there.

Time for a bit of a change.
No Murphy?

Gollant the other one who could be in trouble.
Strange player. Has got something but perhaps plateaued the last 12 months

Doesn't seem to have the strength to be a marking player or the ground level stuff to be a hybrid

Mutineer and some others have been calling for him to have a run down back. Which would be worth a go on an individual basis you'd think, but given our glut of tall/tallish dedenders I'm not sure there's a place for him there with us, even if it goes well at SANFL level

ok, what can we realistically get for Keene? Because it sounds like he’s gone. Is there a world where we play hardball and get a late first rounder?

This really could be a good move for all parties.

Back