List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Should the AFC offer Taylor Walker a contract for 2025?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

why would he come to adelaide?
he is a local sydney boy and a superstar for the swans
You Dont Get It Over Your Head GIF

ok, what can we realistically get for Keene? Because it sounds like he’s gone. Is there a world where we play hardball and get a late first rounder?

This really could be a good move for all parties.

Why does it sound like he's gone?

Keane is contracted and Collingwood have ~zero draft capital, so unless they're putting McReery or Harvey Harrison on the table, we shouldn't pick up the phone.

I actually think Bond is one to keep as we are in need of a tough small/mid one on one defender. At the moment we have Max playing that role but he needs to be released.

If they won't play Murphy in a lock down role then Bond is the one.
I suggested (probably forlornly) that they throw Laird back in that role with Hamill out but assuming that won't happen then I'd also like to see Bond given a go as it is a genuine need and that appears to be his only role so before we give him the flick let's see what he can do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we are thinking - IF - of trading our future 1st then getting one back is an option
Depends what we can get this year. Lots to play out.

Ie. Does Curtin ask for a trade? He's contracted for another 2 years so you'd ask for West Coasts pick 3 straight up.

Keane, Berry, Phillipou merry go round?

Opportunity to get Draper with a low top 10 pick via GC who don't need that pick, and a pick 4 midfielder on top.

If you could come out of this trade period with Phillipou, Draper, Lalor, Welsh, Cumming and a small forward (Champion?) you'd be happy.

Then solve ruck problem in 2025 with Draper as a free agent, ROB goes home, and get Goad as a developing ruck.

Keane is better than Ratugolea who was traded for pick 25, and Keane is contracted
Oh I agree that it would be fair to ask for it, just that IMO the Pies won't be willing to give up their only pick before 44.

Edit: But having read the latest posts in the Keane thread, maybe they would... Certainly it should be the minimum starting point.

Last edited:
I feel sorry for Butts. He is chained to FB by the coaches and completely constrained. Did you see the determination and enjoyment on his face when he ran freely towards the end of the match and drilled a superb long pass to Fog who goaled?
I reckon he said stuff the coaches, I'm going for the win.
I think it's the opposite. The coaches have been trying to get him to contribute to attacking rebound for years

Yes, their picks are currently 26, 44 and 48 according to Zerohanger. We're not getting 26.
I reckon Keane for 26 is pretty bang on the money. Both sides probably haggle over steak knives.

To be honest though, pies are looking for a Murphy replacement to allow Moore to roam more freely. If they’re looking for a defensively accountable key back I’m not sure Keane is their answer.

I think it's the opposite. The coaches have been trying to get him to contribute to attacking rebound for years
Rubbish, the other way around is more likely....never, ever played like that coming through his 3 years at the Murray Bushrangers, the exact opposite.

I reckon Keane for 26 is pretty bang on the money. Both sides probably haggle over steak knives.

To be honest though, pies are looking for a Murphy replacement to allow Moore to roam more freely. If they’re looking for a defensively accountable key back I’m not sure Keane is their answer.
Nope, he's contracted, we hold the aces.

Back