List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Should the AFC offer Taylor Walker a contract for 2025?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My thoughts exactly when reading your post... ;)
Fair enough Kane , it’s all an opinion.
My thoughts on Ben is that he is no where near the player he is thought to be by some and has been made
to look far better than he is by GC mids and inside 50’s.
As I said see how he goes in an average I/50 team.
Walter Will make that happen , imo of course.

Fair enough Kane , it’s all an opinion.
My thoughts on Ben is that he is no where near the player he is thought to be by some and has been made
to look far better than he is by GC mids and inside 50’s.
As I said see how he goes in an average I/50 team and see how he goes.
Walter Wii make that happen imo of course
Ben King is 3rd on the leading goal kickers!

If you had said Max King, you may have had a point...

Just bookmark it , He will float throughout his career as a luko type player.
Never be a Coleman medalist.
He's already proven he is better than Luko!

You're very wrong on this one.

If we can turn any or all of Laird, O'Brien, Keane and Berry in to 2nd round picks, I would be doing it.

If we could turn Curtin and our future 1st in to West Coast's pick 3, I would be doing it.

Must trade in a 1st ruck to replace O'Brien - doesn't have to be best in league, just someone different. Trade in a developing/back up ruck to replace Strachan and target Dodson in the draft.

Cross our fingers Thilthorpe and Murray stay fit.

2025 midfield - new look Rucks, Dawson, Rankine, Soligo, Crouch, Taylor, occasional Rachele/Keays and 2 new young guns.
Holy ****, that would be an absolute disgrace IMO

If we want Draper we might need to look at a trade with North to get ahead of West Coast, I'm worried they will pick him (not based on much though).

On SM-S928B using BigFooty.com mobile app
It’s just too expensive to move a couple of positions higher from 4 to 2. Probably another top 10 pick or even next years first (same as GWS did with us in the 2019 draft)

There's no way Jack is worth pick 4 anymore.
He's borderline not wanted at GC.
Personally think it’s somewhere in between those. 4 is definitely too high (and talk of 2 x first is ridiculous) but he is a.”nice” player to have but only ever a 3rd tall forward or versatile player playing wing or a Tom Lynch “connector” type role. The problem is his price if contracted 700-800k. He ain’t anywhere near the talent of Rankine and not worth the $$ and GC seem to have a lot more elite talent needing to be paid over co ing years (perhaps 6-7 elite and Luko is NOTin this category)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really not sure what's going on up there with old donut

First King is going to not make it
Then he's going home
Then he's a "Lukosius" type.

Lol.
Why LOl ?

Do you not think with the amount of inside 50’s being second best in league GC may believe they are not getting the return from Ben King they would from a 2 year older Walter at rookie wages , from their academy, and already on their list ? And they can trade King for a first ?

Genuine question

It’s just too expensive to move a couple of positions higher from 4 to 2. Probably another top 10 pick or even next years first (same as GWS did with us in the 2019 draft)
Can’t really see a scenario where we move up as the top 10 is so even and full of mids

As you say it’s way too expensive to do it vs the actual benefit

I’d actually consider moving back to get 2x early picks but I think the club might be too scarred from last time to consider

Why LOl ?

Do you not think with the amount of inside 50’s being second best in league GC may believe they are not getting the return from Ben King they would from a 2 year older Walter at rookie wages , from their academy, and already on their list ? And they can trade King for a first ?

Genuine question
Since when do teams only have 1x tall forward

And also their styles are so different that they are likely to work well together

King will always kick more goals though , Walter brings other things

Can’t really see a scenario where we move up as the top 10 is so even and full of mids

As you say it’s way too expensive to do it vs the actual benefit

I’d actually consider moving back to get 2x early picks but I think the club might be too scarred from last time to consider
Depends if we really rate Draper (can’t see it being for anyone else) and we think WCE will take him

But I can see NM asking for the world

Maybe, I was thinking up 2 spots and then trade our second down a few spots, more like the 2023 GWS without the future 2nd involved.

If west Coast take Draper we'll just cop it I guess, like we do every year in this rebuild.

Maybe, I was thinking up 2 spots and then trade our second down a few spots, more like the 2023 GWS without the future 2nd involved.

If west Coast take Draper we'll just cop it I guess, like we do every year in this rebuild.

Agree it’s going to be hard (expensive) to get Draper if Eagles want him. After Gibney (top 10) and Reid the last 2 years ideally they look at Trainor but that’s probably wishful thinking,

What would you give up to move up 2 spots? Edit - sorry you mentioned 2nd rounder movement. Just not thinking that’s enough to move up from 4 to 2

Thankfully 2 quality Vic metro mids going top 6-7 which seem good options according to the draft watchers

Last edited:
With all respect to Joe is a small forward really a need? What significant gains do we make by picking him at 11?

If we are going to ' reach ' why not Dodson at 11
He’s not just a small forward , he will play also play midfield too and he’s got everything you need for an elite forward half player

Finishing skills , elite transition running , goal sense , crumbing ability , speed and pressure / tackling

I reckon he’s one of the better chances in draft to become an elite player for his role

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back