2024 Membership Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Candidly, it's been a dog's breakfast this year. Just do as has been the case in previous years, one communication where you are given a choice of gift, and in a week or two the gift and the car sticker, etc arrives. The complication whereby you have to redeem the gift via the Gift Shop is a pox. Which I think is deliberate as it deters people from seeking the gifts.

Agreed - and people thinnk its only 20 so its no big deal.

But if 15k member dont do anything about it the club pockets all that

Go Catters

Is it just me or are the food outlet providers terrible at GMHBA. Queues 20 + long, and no food ready at the quarter breaks. Where we sit on level 3 of Brownlow. They close before 3 quarter time, and yesterday had no pies at quarter time. Shit service.

Is it just me or are the food outlet providers terrible at GMHBA. Queues 20 + long, and no food ready at the quarter breaks. Where we sit on level 3 of Brownlow. They close before 3 quarter time, and yesterday had no pies at quarter time. s**t service.
They were very avg last night. Ran out of hotdogs at half time where we were. Son was shattered 🤣

Weird… I’m in that category (member since 2006) but haven’t received an email

They've done different offers throughout the season, and they'll keep sending them for the remaining home games

I received an email with a member offer for the Port clash, and even though I clicked through only an hour after receiving it and trying to register just 1 ticket which was available at the time, it kept coming up with an error message - and then it was suddenly at capacity and no luck

I'm guessing you can only secure a ticket for one of the experiences though & once done, you can't accept another

Went to one earlier in the year, absolute waste of time. You visit the Admin area, 10 minute talk with Steve Hocking, then you go on the boundary line, where you hear from a couple of AFLW players that you can't hear as they have no Microphone's, and then you exit the ground at 11am.
lol wow, it's even crappier than I imagined based on their semi-cryptic description. That said, clicked on link to see availability and there was no event, so I assume people still jumped at it.

They really need to try harder if they want to recognise members of many years/decades.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey folks, my lack of understanding of how my 6 game flexi membership works has left me without a ticket to tonight’s game.

Any chance anyone has 2 they’re selling?

Ticketek marketplace saves the day!

Ironically I now have two tickets in L1 Olympic Stand to sell (below RRP - $40ea) if anyone is still looking - I had to buy a set of 4 and only need 2.

lol wow, it's even crappier than I imagined based on their semi-cryptic description. That said, clicked on link to see availability and there was no event, so I assume people still jumped at it.

They really need to try harder if they want to recognise members of many years/decades.
Yeah.

What about hosting a function for an interstate game - charge a nominal fee like 10 or 20 bucks to make sure only serious people take it up and have the president's room open, big screen, free finger food and drinks at bar prices.

Went to one earlier in the year, absolute waste of time. You visit the Admin area, 10 minute talk with Steve Hocking, then you go on the boundary line, where you hear from a couple of AFLW players that you can't hear as they have no Microphone's, and then you exit the ground at 11am.
Did you go to the one prior to the North Melbourne game?
Myself and foxdog50 were there.
It was more insulting the sooking and complaining Hock had to listen to for 15 minutes.
Absolutely garbage by some of the supporters

It was more insulting the sooking and complaining Hock had to listen to for 15 minutes.
Yes. Someone went on and on about a change to some car parking.
It was good to go onto the ground

Sounds like I got a better experience

A chat with Hocking for about 30 minutes, before listening to Conway & Clohesy on the boundary line for a while, with an opportunity to then walk around, take photos & stuff

Think there must have been a better crew of members also as no real sooking in the questions asked, but rather some really strong questions and Hocking willing to answer all questions

I didn't mind it - then got a little thank you pack afterwards which was a nice bonus

Yes. Someone went on and on about a change to some car parking.
It was good to go onto the ground
In no particular order
Why is my car park no longer available
I’ve parked there for 10 years

Who designed the new stand and why would you put a pole in the view of some or not have it going all the way around “obviously don’t understand construction”

Membership cards

Where’s my bus from cotton on gone

Home finals

A chat with Hocking for about 30 minutes, before listening to Conway & Clohesy on the boundary line for a while, with an opportunity to then walk around, take photos & stuff

Think there must have been a better crew of members also as no real sooking in the questions asked, but rather some really strong questions and Hocking willing to answer all questions

I didn't mind it - then got a little thank you pack afterwards which was a nice bonus
Can confirm we didn’t get a gift pack, what did you get?
We had security watching us like a hawk and weren’t allowed to cross the boundary line

It was I waste of time

In no particular order
Why is my car park no longer available
I’ve parked there for 10 years

Who designed the new stand and why would you put a pole in the view of some or not have it going all the way around “obviously don’t understand construction”

Membership cards

Where’s my bus from cotton on gone

Home finals

Can confirm we didn’t get a gift pack, what did you get?
We had security watching us like a hawk and weren’t allowed to cross the boundary line

It was I waste of time

Our questions to Hocking were along the lines of phone & internet coverage, which he was open in expressing his own frustration with things

He also went into detail about ownership of the stadium, their tenancy, how funding works & petitioning for funding etc

I found it very informative

In terms of the pack, it contained a premiership cap as people have obviously stopped buying them - so if anyone wants one, let me know

And a gold Joel Selwood bobblehead

Security must have been taking a nap when we were boundary side - we were politely asked to return to the fence side of the boundary after a few minutes, but that was still enough time to take photos

And then walked up to the bench area, and some were taking seats in the dugout

IMG_5435.jpeg IMG_5436.jpeg IMG_5437.jpeg IMG_5438.jpeg IMG_5444.jpeg

Our questions to Hocking were along the lines of phone & internet coverage, which he was open in expressing his own frustration with things

He also went into detail about ownership of the stadium, their tenancy, how funding works & petitioning for funding etc

I found it very informative

In terms of the pack, it contained a premiership cap as people have obviously stopped buying them - so if anyone wants one, let me know

And a gold Joel Selwood bobblehead

Security must have been taking a nap when we were boundary side - we were politely asked to return to the fence side of the boundary after a few minutes, but that was still enough time to take photos

And then walked up to the bench area, and some were taking seats in the dugout

View attachment 2051181View attachment 2051182View attachment 2051183View attachment 2051184View attachment 2051186
We got shafted

Your spot on calder_daddy ... people complaing about car parking where they we parking for 10 years and they can't car parking..
Then someone else complaining about a bus they were catching to the game doesn't run 🙄 to the game..
I was more enjoying talking to Calder more then anything lol 😆 😂

Yeah we never got anything like that... how many years you been a member for?

2024 Membership Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back