7. Nick Larkey: 39 Goals, FF - 22, FA - 12
8. Jeremy Cameron: 39 Goals, FF - 8, FA - 20
9. Joe Danniher: 39 Goals, FF - 20, FA - 22
10. Bayley Frisch: 37 Goals, FF - 13, FA - 17
10. Jamarra Ugle-Hagen: 37 Goals, FF - 13, FA - 21
10. Kyle Langford: 37 Goals, FF - 14, FA - 15
10. Tyson Stengle: 37 Goals, FF - 11, FA - 8

One forward in particular is having a rough time with the umps

Guess what, if as expected Hawthorn miss finals by % - 4pts... Our two wins will have kept them out, and us in.

Happy Star Trek GIF

That is so true

And you should at least factor that in when you go off on one of your semi regular rants about Geel having that extended flag drought from 63 onwards

The utter garbage standard of this years comp ( Dimmeys should be making this years Premiership Cup ) compared to the sides that Geel had to beat in late 80s early 90s to win that elusive Premiership , they were bona fide champion teams , not the grouped bunch of pretenders who are the challengers this year
The teams we beat in the late 00s would most likely have beaten any of those 80s and 90s teams. Cats, Saints, Pies, West Coast 07, even the Bulldogs team around that time was stacked.

Media asymmetry case in point: first crack tonight they opened with Carltons midfield and their lack of hunger etc. Then they get to the game and there's some stats and solid vision on their backlines inability to defend 1 on 1. Roll vision Kemp, Saad, others.

"A quick word on Port adelaide" - yeah they're going OK, you cab see they're buying in and not going to die wondering

Insightful analysis for what sells. I guess if it bleeds it leads

The teams we beat in the late 00s would most likely have beaten any of those 80s and 90s teams. Cats, Saints, Pies, West Coast 07, even the Bulldogs team around that time was stacked.
That Bulldogs squad from 2008 til 2010 was very very unlucky not to make 1 GF, let alone win one.

Not sure many of us are fans of Hawthorn, but this is pretty dirty & unnecessary from Adelaide - thinking there'd be a few weeks on the sidelines for this treatment of Watson

Fine not weeks
Is unduly rough play still an offence?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You think they have chucked it in for the year? No chance they come out fired up after this debacle? Or is it just that the Hawks are playing superb footy and Crows are no match? I watched them nearly lose v Bombers, and at times, looked good.

Essendon are terrible.

Adel are slightly less terrible. I rate hawks much more than either of them.

Just looking at the top 10 goal kickers this year interesting stats:

1. Charlie Curnow: 56 Goals, FF - 28, FA - 11
2. Jesse Hogan: 53 Goals, FF - 22, FA - 5
3. Ben King: 46 Goals, FF - 21, FA - 15
4. Harry McKay: 44 Goals, FF - 25, FA - 20
5. Jake Waterman: 44 Goals, FF - 10, FA - 4
6. Josh Treacy: 42 Goals, FF - 17, FA - 10
7. Nick Larkey: 39 Goals, FF - 22, FA - 12
8. Jeremy Cameron: 39 Goals, FF - 8, FA - 20
9. Joe Danniher: 39 Goals, FF - 20, FA - 22
10. Bayley Frisch: 37 Goals, FF - 13, FA - 17
10. Jamarra Ugle-Hagen: 37 Goals, FF - 13, FA - 21
10. Kyle Langford: 37 Goals, FF - 14, FA - 15
10. Tyson Stengle: 37 Goals, FF - 11, FA - 8

One forward in particular is having a rough time with the umps
Agreed. And the two at the top are clearly living their best lives.

#freekicksforwardreallymatter

Rough conduct

According to Charlie Cameron you can get fined for it an unlimited number of times and not get banned but that seems specific to him
Going to be frustrating watching him do something stupid right before or in a finals match and only get fined for it

Hawthorn will lose next weekend
Hawfies are a weird one. Spanked the Crows when most tipped a 20ish point margin, spanked the Pies by 66 when most had it closer and a lot thought the Pies would rescue their season, spanked the Tigers and Eagles as expected but then everyone thought they would step up to us and we smashed them.

If Hawks beat GWS by 35+ I won't be surprised, but I also won't be shocked if they drop a close one. Last tight match they had was a 6 point win over the Giants in Tas at their cheat ground.

Hawks could just as easily win the next 2 against the Giants and Blues and just as easily bottle them both.

If they want to cosplay 1995 then hopefully we replicate the result, I would be good with a 23 point win considering our home form this year and their position on the ladder.

1722229742786.png

Although if Freo reaaaaaaaally want to do a flashback, why don't they go back to 2004...

1722230146247.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back