Draft Profile 2024 Mid Season draft prospects

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In all honesty looking back at prev mid season I’m not sure about 1 “successful” KPP. When the biggest competition is either blank or Kallen Dawson it is thin.

So, you want to stop players getting an opportunity?

Less will, if they move to 18 months.
Yes, but the way things are configured, players might get picked but that's not the same thing as an opportunity - to take a North Melbourne example, Charlie Ham was taken mid 2021, and delisted at the end of the year. So a kid comes into a full time professional environment mid-season, doesn't even get a pre-season to get his fitness to the requisite standard, and out the door

He's not the only one, and it's not right

In all honesty looking back at prev mid season I’m not sure about 1 “successful” KPP. When the biggest competition is either blank or Kallen Dawson it is thin.
Past performance is no guarantee of future performance. Once someone unearths a KPP gem in the MSD, everyone will be trying to do it.

I'm not suggesting Brisbane won't take Ruscoe, but gee I'd be spewing at the amount of talent they passed up to take him in this scenario. Would rather leave him until round 2. I also doubt Gold Coast will draft a player, let alone a ruck.

I reckon it goes:

1. North Melbourne: Geordie Payne
2. Richmond: Remy Maclean
3. West Coast: Jasper Scaife
4. St. Kilda: Will McLachlan
5. Hawthorn: Luke Beecken
6. Brisbane: Oskar Smartt
7. Adelaide: Noah Howes
8. Western Bulldogs: Max Hall
9. Gold Coast: Pass
10. Fremantle: Pass
11. Carlton: Liam McMahon
12. Collingwood: Jacob Blight
13. Melbourne: Saad El-Hawli
14. Port Adelaide: Pass
15. Essendon: Kobe Ryan

There are two rumours out about the Bulldogs, firstly that they're into Max Hall and secondly that they're into Bianco. I reckon the first is true and the second is smoke.
It’s extremely difficult both you and eth-dog have done great jobs. Feel like the first 2 are right. My thought it Beecken to eagles hall to saints and McLachlan to hawks. Pies rapt to get blight if he lasts and surely Hutchison goes he was pick 1 a few weeks back.

It’s extremely difficult both you and eth-dog have done great jobs. Feel like the first 2 are right. My thought it Beecken to eagles hall to saints and McLachlan to hawks. Pies rapt to get blight if he lasts and surely Hutchison goes he was pick 1 a few weeks back.
Never know. There was someone really highly rated last year… name escapes me but he missed completely

With the updated ladder:

Round 1:

1. North _ Payne
2. Richmond - Remy McLean
3. West Coaet - Jack Hutchinson
4. St. Kilda - Jacob Blight
5. Hawthorn - Max Hall
6. Brisbane - Will McClaughlin
7. Adelaide - Jez McClennan
8. Western Bulldogs - Trent Bianco
9. Gold Coast - pass
10. Fremantle - Oskar Smartt
11. Carlton - Liam McMahon
12. Collingwood - Brynn Teakle / Felix Flockhart
13. Melbourne - Kpbe Ryan
14. Port Adelaide - Luke Beecken
15. Essendom - ??????? I really have no idea, I love the idea of Cam Nyko but doubtful we go this way

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does north even need another mid/small def?

Surely a tall would be more higher on their list, but seems they are just going best available no matter the position.
We have 2 picks

Best available pick 1

Payne has been playing small forward which we need, kicked 4 goals last game

And the second pick should be KPP

Yes, but the way things are configured, players might get picked but that's not the same thing as an opportunity - to take a North Melbourne example, Charlie Ham was taken mid 2021, and delisted at the end of the year. So a kid comes into a full time professional environment mid-season, doesn't even get a pre-season to get his fitness to the requisite standard, and out the door

The alternative is not getting the chance at all.

Can't the players nominate on condition of longer contact too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back