Half-backs:Adam SaadMitch McGovernNic Newman
Centreline:Ollie HollandsPatrick CrippsBlake Acres
Half-forwards:Lachie FogartyHarry McKayZac Williams
Forwards:Elijah HollandsCharlie CurnowMatthew Owies
Followers:Tom De KoningSam WalshAdam Cerra
Interchange from:Alex CincottaOrazio FantasiaGeorge Hewett
Brodie KempMatthew Kennedy
Emergencies:Caleb MarchbankJesse MotlopMarc Pittonet

Maynard will probably play the fake tough guy card again and try and pick on cinc

Then Cripps will come in again and straighten him out. Always love seeing that vid and the pies fans convince themselves it was “game respecting game” and not Maynard shitting himself 😂

Anywho blues by 45
😂😂
Still laugh thinking about daicos shitting himself when Cripps was about to run through him 😂😂

Kennedy had 31 touches, a goal and tackled very strongly........ Was very good

He isn't being dropped for Cerra.

Has to be Orazio out for Cerra and a slight re jig.

Durds for Mots.

That is all for this week.
People have very short memories on this board. Also featured in the coaches votes last game. He ain't goin' nowhere.

I wonder if we will play that card in the H+A season … or wait until finals.
They’ll be anticipating the move i reckon and probably already thinking about how to combat it whether in h&a or finals. Maybe doing it in finals gives us a bit more of an upper hand?

Our current from is way too strong for them atm but they’ve got a few key players to return.

It’s going to be a cracking finals series. I can’t wait.

Motlop’s done zilch to earn himself a spot since back.

Owies just had one of his best games - his work around the ground is becoming more important. Can’t believe he’s so under rated.

I like the idea of Motlop - Owies has him covered for now.

Cotters on Ollie is an interesting watch. Cotters has a few layers young Ollie doesn’t yet - covers his two way running, kicks more goals & can cover a player if needed, also has better disposal efficiency.

But Ollie hasn’t been dropped yet!

I’d also have Hewett in the side & if we must Kennedy to sub - can go forward mid or back as needed.

It’s a puzzle!
Agree with you on Mots. Needs to earn his spot.

Owies has been hitting the contests hard for the last month or so. I was actually speaking to Arr0w about him before last weeks' game and how impressed I was with his hardness and work ethic both ways and if he kept that up he'd get his reward.

The hard part regarding our small forwards is that none of them had much of preseason, which is why they've struggled.

Before being injured, Cotters form wasn't really any better than Ollie's. I'd like to assess his form in the magoos before just granting him a spot. He's not an A-Grader like Cerra, he's a C-Grader. I'm extremely reluctant about introducing too much change to a side performing as well as what we are atm.

Before being injured, Cotters form wasn't really any better than Ollie's. I'd like to assess his form in the magoos before just granting him a spot. He's not an A-Grader like Cerra, he's a C-Grader. I'm extremely reluctant about introducing too much change to a side performing as well as what we are atm.
Quite possibly needs a week or two in the 2s but he’s much better than you think.
C- is very harsh.

Quite possibly needs a week or two in the 2s but he’s much better than you think.
C- is very harsh.
Kennedy, Newman & Hewett are B Graders. Cotts isn't anywhere near that class. Not everyone can be A or B Graders.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Owies has been hitting the contests hard for the last month or so. I was actually speaking to Arr0w about him before last weeks' game and how impressed I was with his hardness and work ethic both ways and if he kept that up he'd get his reward.

The hard part regarding our small forwards is that none of them had much of preseason, which is why they've struggled.

I think when up and running, Cottrell plays in front of Fantasia, Durdin and probably Ollie

Stay humble and focus in on our next opponent. Vossy will preach this during the week.

And so he should the last thing we want is to drink too much of our bath water I don’t think Vossy will let that creep in as soon as it does all our hard work goes out the window.

We haven’t achieved anything yet so there’s no reason to become complacent.Tick each game off one by one.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

And so he should the last thing we want is to drink too much of our bath water I don’t think Vossy will let that creep in as soon as it does all our hard work goes out the window.

We haven’t achieved anything yet so there’s no reason to become complacent.Tick each game off one by one.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Agree. The media love this week has me on edge but I also feel Cripps’s leadership on field and Voss’s off field has fixed this issue. This week will be a good test.

Kennedy, Newman & Hewett are B Graders. Cotts isn't anywhere near that class. Not everyone can be A or B Graders.
Newman is better than them. Our most consistent player and I don't even remember a bad game from him, definitely pushing A tier.

Newman is better than them. Our most consistent player and I don't even remember a bad game from him, definitely pushing A tier.
Him and Saad are so important to our defence. Excellent one on one, very rarely make a mistake, courageous and wonderful footballers.

Massive difference and significant net gain between the R1 team to last Friday’s team:

Outs: Young, Cottrell, Cuningham, Cerra and Carroll.

Ins: Weitering, Walsh, Elijah, Cincotta and Cowan.
Like with the difference between the first and second Geelong games, the changes make us so much better defensively. With Lynch out, and our defence as organised as it is right now, Richmond are going to struggle to kick many.

Fair enough in Cotters back through the 2’s.

Owies has turned into such an interesting player - he gets up the ground more & involved in rebound chains - buy foot he’s amazing in general play - clutch for goal obviously, love his energy.

I’d like to keep fantasia in, adding Cerra. Durdin a full game in the 2’s.

Kennedy to sub?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back