Preview 2024 Rd 19 Carlton vs North Melbourne Sunday 21st July 4:40PM AEST @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weits could be managed, I would he has been sore for weeks now, even with Larkey in their forward line I would still rest Weits.

I reckon SoapyV has it spot on with what the best mix is:

Durdin second KPD, Gov intercepting and distributing, Kemp third tall forward/wing.

Kemp is too talented to not be in this team in some capacity. Durdin 100% has the tools and mindset to be that dour, lockdown full back who doesn't make many mistakes and can just be relied upon to do a job while Weiters roams a bit more.

I find it beyond puzzling that they wouldn't have at least tried Durdin in this role since he's returned in the VFL. Since Young has fallen off a cliff we need that extra bit of size back there, yet they persist with the undersized Marchbank?

Seriously, watch Marchbank closely this week. He plays with the aura of someone who doesn't want to be out there, hopes the ball isn't going to come his way. North will play through him this week, there is zero doubt about that.

Weits could be managed, I would he has been sore for weeks now, even with Larkey in their forward line I would still rest Weits.

Zurhaar and Larkey will feast if we rest Weitering.

I’m also not forgetting that debacle round 19, 2021 at Marvel when Larkey had a birthday- and that was when we had Weitering.

I’m also not forgetting that debacle round 19, 2021 at Marvel when Larkey had a birthday- and that was when we had Weitering.
Weird and lackey don’t particularly like each other could be fun

Do you forget who we had in the coaches box that day?

After this week he will be up to speed. We are not playing Brissy so let him get used to the pace against inferior opposition.
Looking at his stats Marchbank has played 15 AFL games in the last 3 years and missed the previous 2 seasons thru injury.

Genuine question - besides the PF last year, what does “up to speed” look like for Marchy in the other 14 games?

IMG_2374.jpeg

IMG_2373.jpeg

IMG_2371.jpeg

Looking at his stats Marchbank has played 15 AFL games in the last 3 years and missed the previous 2 seasons thru injury.

Genuine question - besides the PF last year, what does “up to speed” look like for Marchy in the other 14 games?

View attachment 2051966View attachment 2051967View attachment 2051968

Lies lies and statistics…

Look, as has been said in an above post, Marchy is a class player when up and running, absolute silk mover that has a fantastic read on ball movement. He is in for Kemp who is not a defender, period.

You said it. 15 games and injuries! Let’s see what happens between now and the finals…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think most know and accept we have a good team - could say we are the best team

However we just dropped two games - gws understandable
- dogs totally unacceptable

So it’s not enough just to be a good team of players, the coaches game day tactics/manouvres, the players execution and intent all effect the result.

As an example, Filth just won a flag but one could argue we had the better team.
We have people stating that we are a mediocre team which is just not true, we are one of the best teams in the league at the moment.

Two weeks ago there were people going on like we were the best team ever, those same people after two losses are calling us a rabble. IMO people are too reactive based on wins and losses.

If we were a good team two weeks ago, we still are, regardless of these losses. A good team at times plays badly.

It's a long season and sometimes you lose, sometimes to teams you think you shouldn't lose to , footy has always been like that. Mind you, the Bulldogs aren't a bad team, it was never unthinkable that we could lose to them.

As bad as we were , had Charlie kicked 6.4 instead of 3.7 we win and the narrative here is much different.

The problem in my view is that people are always looking for a scapegoat after a loss.

We are sitting second on the ladder and we know that we can improve on where we are at the moment, I'll take that compared to where we have been any time in almost 25 years, to be one of the genuinely good teams in the league again, I'm going to enjoy it including the peaks and troughs that are inevitable during the qualifying games.

Bring on September when the real games begin.

We have people stating that we are a mediocre team which is just not true, we are one of the best teams in the league at the moment.

Two weeks ago there were people going on like we were the best team ever, those same people after two losses are calling us a rabble. IMO people are too reactive based on wins and losses.

If we were a good team two weeks ago, we still are, regardless of these losses. A good team at times plays badly.

It's a long season and sometimes you lose, sometimes to teams you think you shouldn't lose to , footy has always been like that. Mind you, the Bulldogs aren't a bad team, it was never unthinkable that we could lose to them.

As bad as we were , had Charlie kicked 6.4 instead of 3.7 we win and the narrative here is much different.

The problem in my view is that people are always looking for a scapegoat after a loss.

We are sitting second on the ladder and we know that we can improve on where we are at the moment, I'll take that compared to where we have been any time in almost 25 years, to be one of the genuinely good teams in the league again, I'm going to enjoy it including the peaks and troughs that are inevitable during the qualifying games.

Bring on September when the real games begin.

Well said.

The equalisation of the comp has made it now that there is a very fine line between success and failure. NO sides will now dominate week in week out. The game is to hard and there are to many restrictions to be up every week.

Sydney look great and have a very good list and have had a decent run with injuries but they also have glaring weaknesses and have lost to average sides in recent weeks. Injuries are the key for any side now

We have the players and the structure to win it all. Any side with Cripps McKay Walsh Weitering can beat anyone. Also, our bets football is a hard contested clearance game and that is hard to do every week. Takes so much effort

It will still be a bumpy ride to the finish and it won't be easy. A decent run with injuries and I am very confident

Well said.

The equalisation of the comp has made it now that there is a very fine line between success and failure. NO sides will now dominate week in week out. The game is to hard and there are to many restrictions to be up every week.

Sydney look great and have a very good list and have had a decent run with injuries but they also have glaring weaknesses and have lost to average sides in recent weeks. Injuries are the key for any side now

We have the players and the structure to win it all. Any side with Cripps McKay Walsh Weitering can beat anyone. Also, our bets football is a hard contested clearance game and that is hard to do every week. Takes so much effort

It will still be a bumpy ride to the finish and it won't be easy. A decent run with injuries and I am very confident
Our finals run and experience last year will do us a world of good for the years to come.

I've given up trying to work out selections so I will put my faith in the match committee and I won't talk about individuals.

This is a game we should win by about 32 points if we are serious as a club, do I honestly believe we will achieve this, I'm only hoping.

We have no more excuses, our depth is good, when on song, we are bloody good and when we are not, we are competitive.
The competition is so close, if you have a bad day, you will be put to the sword. We just can't afford to have any passengers.

North have improved so much since the start of the year and will think we are ripe for the picking. Let's face it, most clubs hate Carlton, so they find a bit extra in their game to take it up to us. They play Marvel really well and until their hiccough last week, they were a different side. Hopefully Sydney have broken them.

It's time for us to start finding some form.

Joke that Kemp has to play on key position forwards.

Even crazier that we leave him out for Marchbank.

You couldn't blame him if he felt like leaving.

What are the chances Marchbank can put together 10 consecutive games to get to the grandfinal? Next to zero.

We are putting our faith in the wrong guy. We've been consistently show for years he can't be relied upon.
Please remove the two words I've highlighted

Marchy is a Rolls-Royce when up and going, classy player, makes us better when he is fit and in the side.

Pile on and knocking a player that make us measurably better in September is poor form, and speaks to those at home on the couch without a read for the game.

Serious question. Since when?

Has played some decent football and had some good games but a Rolls Royce? He's 27 and played for nearly a decade and has played 63 games. Never top 10 in a B&F

He can panic and is a poor ball user and very poor one one one. For whatever reasons he has never really put a good block of football together

Sometimes I reckon we rate players higher the less they play

Last edited:
Well I take everything I have said back - seems like Durdin is in per Voss' presser.

I hope so. Durdin is a big unit, very good one on one and is calm and will help our structure. He will take the KPF. Not a star but a key part of a good structure

If Durdin can step up it will allow Weitering & McGovern more freedom to create run and that will make us so much better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back