Preview 2024 Rd 19 Carlton vs North Melbourne Sunday 21st July 4:40PM AEST @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy to see Cunningham in the team and hope he is not the sub, I think he provides a big point of difference as he’s the only one of our mids that has a turn of foot and when he’s up and going is great for us. Rarely happens though and this is his last chance but I’m glad to see him in the team. For mine Cunningham, Martin and Zac Williams are extremely important for us come finals time. Point of difference players who are in form win you prelim and grand finals.

Yes I hope Cunners will pin point in attack but also desperately defend .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

You’d have to think Carroll will be the sub. I have also heard Voss say they will use the sub role to manage players from time to time so that is consistent with seeing the likes of MK, Hewett, Owies etc as sub.

Also someone else mentioned Hewett may have been a little undone last week recovering from the flu the prior week so there’s always availability that we aren’t 100% privy to (nor should be).

Yep.We as supporters have to trust the match committee with their decisions but when some selections are obvious and you’re left scratching your head the mind just boggles.

IE:Marchbank.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Happy to see Cunningham in the team and hope he is not the sub, I think he provides a big point of difference as he’s the only one of our mids that has a turn of foot and when he’s up and going is great for us. Rarely happens though and this is his last chance but I’m glad to see him in the team. For mine Cunningham, Martin and Zac Williams are extremely important for us come finals time. Point of difference players who are in form win you prelim and grand finals.
56 games in 9 years doesn't fill me with confidence as far as Cuningham goes, I wish him well but honestly, he's fortunate to still be on the list.

Martin's an exciting player but another you can't rely upon.

With a bit of luck their bodies hold up for the rest of the season and we may get something out of them.

We've added 3 more slowish mids to the starting 22. Interesting.
Plus Marchy and Mots could both lose 2-3 kg's.
Is it possible to lose weight off one's legs?
Mots could be one of the AFL's best with a bit more fitness and zippiness.

But surely we're still too good for this mob.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope Carroll can play himself into another contract. There's still a spot there in the midfield mix.
Haven't seen all of the reserves games in the last three weeks but from the bits I have seen Carroll really began to look like a player with a bit of authority about him. Doesn't mean that it translates to senior level but maybe the match committee have seen the same thing.

Finally sanity has prevailed and Pitto dropped. Love him but 2 rucks has been confirmed / re-confirmed / re-re-confirmed / etc. that it just does not work.

Unfortunate to see Zac out again. I was hoping the shift to the forward line reduced the stress on his body.

Jack Martin looming on the emergencies bench already - surely not a late change?

Brodie Kemp put in an absolute howler last week and could not have timed it any worse with Marchy back.

Interesting article calling out the current Coleman leader needing to lift:

High expectations much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back