Preview 2024 Rd 19 Carlton vs North Melbourne Sunday 21st July 4:40PM AEST @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You’d have to think Carroll will be the sub. I have also heard Voss say they will use the sub role to manage players from time to time so that is consistent with seeing the likes of MK, Hewett, Owies etc as sub.

Also someone else mentioned Hewett may have been a little undone last week recovering from the flu the prior week so there’s always availability that we aren’t 100% privy to (nor should be).
Carrol named in 18, doesn’t that mean he can’t be sub?

Must be Cuners or Cerra across half back, surely not Matty K.

I didn’t follow Cerra too much at Freo, but many here have noted that he spent a bit of time there early on (as many young developing mids do).

Must be Cuners or Cerra across half back, surely not Matty K.

I didn’t follow Cerra too much at Freo, but many here have noted that he spent a bit of time there early on (as many young developing mids do).
Cerra has spent time at half back even with us.

He's my bet for half back minutes, he's been poor in the midfield since coming back from injury anyway and he's quicker than Kennedy to apply defensive pressure.

If you really listen to what Voss said and then look at selection I think you’ll see us get back to our best.

Our runway to finals starts this weekend.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I'd be shocked if we dont see a much higher intensity from our players.

A 2 week down period sucks but is acceptable, Sydney did the same, Collingwood had a down month around this time last year.

But we aren't games clear at the top of the ladder, agree our run to finals but really a premiership starts now.

If team has a down game again then I'll really worry something is wrong with the team we may not be aware of.

North’s form wasn’t too bad prior to their loss to Swans last week who were coming off two narrow losses..

A win against Suns by 4 points. Losses to WB by 17, Demons by 3 and Collingwood by 1 point.

Clarkson will think they’re a chance with how we’re travelling at the moment. Hope the players down on form like Cottrell, Ollie, Marchbank deliver more than the last couple of weeks, and Cunners, Carroll and Motlop can adapt to the change from VFL to AFL pace.

North’s form wasn’t too bad prior to their loss to Swans last week who were coming off two narrow losses..

A win against Suns by 4 points. Losses to WB by 17, Demons by 3 and Collingwood by 1 point.

Clarkson will think they’re a chance with how we’re travelling at the moment. Hope the players down on form like Cottrell, Ollie, Marchbank deliver more than the last couple of weeks, and Cunners, Carroll and Motlop can adapt to the change from VFL to AFL pace.
Really their form is similar to ours against the teams you quoted, we better be ready for the fight it will be a lot closer than many think

Really their form is similar to ours against the teams you quoted, we better be ready for the fight it will be a lot closer than many think
Not really. We beat the suns by 5 goals, beat the dees with a fully fit Petracca and Gawn, lost to the dogs in a howler if a performance, and lost to the pies months ago

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A question for the list watchers..

Why do we think Jack Martin is emergency, but Ollie and Cotters are playing?

Surely he is an upgrade on one of those two given recent form? A viable avenue to goal and x factor, seems strange to me unless there is something I don't know.

A question for the list watchers..

Why do we think Jack Martin is emergency, but Ollie and Cotters are playing?

Surely he is an upgrade on one of those two given recent form? A viable avenue to goal and x factor, seems strange to me unless there is something I don't know.
Only played one game in the VFL since his return from injury

Unexpected team changes. Picked every onballer we have. Hope this works. No way Kennedy plays defence, has very few attributes for a half back. Think we will see an expirement here. Cuningham maybe. Cerra, hope he gets forward time.

I’ve always thought DC was a HBF. Led to the ball and run straight.not smart enough to find enough on his own

Last edited:
Not super enthused with these changes, with Kemp confirmed for the VFL as well.

Would like to see Cottrell as the 7th defender, and Owies as the sub so he can rest. Cuningham and Elijah can handle wing rotations with the odd stoppage appearance.

Logue and Fisher are good ins and a small forward in Hansen Jnr. No Pink means just the two talls for them up forward meaning we match up
You and the two KPD crowd need to reassess what kind of role Marchbank plays... I'm not against the basic thinking behind the defensive look, but we are clearly paying no mind to Teakle as a forward.
Quick off the mark, not fast. Quick footwork though. Much in the vein of Paddy Dow
Quick reminder of Dow's speed:

You and the two KPD crowd need to reassess what kind of role Marchbank plays... I'm not against the basic thinking behind the defensive look, but we are clearly paying no mind to Teakle as a forward.
It was pretty clear from Voss' presser that they wanted to bring in Sam Durdin - clearly a matchup for Teakle. With him sore it will be Marchbank who likely takes that matchup. I understand Marchbank is an intercepting type more than anything else but our options are limited - it is either Young, Marchbank or Kemp. They obviously don't rate Young's form in the 2s enough and so the decision was between the latter two.

Marchbank will obviously hope to zone off from Teakle and intercept but you can't just pay a 204cm player no attention in F50 and expect to win. Especially when you consider how strong North are in the middle meaning they will likely get a decent share of i50s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back