Preview 2024 Rd 19 Carlton vs North Melbourne Sunday 21st July 4:40PM AEST @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

We have people stating that we are a mediocre team which is just not true, we are one of the best teams in the league at the moment.

Two weeks ago there were people going on like we were the best team ever, those same people after two losses are calling us a rabble. IMO people are too reactive based on wins and losses.

If we were a good team two weeks ago, we still are, regardless of these losses. A good team at times plays badly.

It's a long season and sometimes you lose, sometimes to teams you think you shouldn't lose to , footy has always been like that. Mind you, the Bulldogs aren't a bad team, it was never unthinkable that we could lose to them.

As bad as we were , had Charlie kicked 6.4 instead of 3.7 we win and the narrative here is much different.

The problem in my view is that people are always looking for a scapegoat after a loss.

We are sitting second on the ladder and we know that we can improve on where we are at the moment, I'll take that compared to where we have been any time in almost 25 years, to be one of the genuinely good teams in the league again, I'm going to enjoy it including the peaks and troughs that are inevitable during the qualifying games.

Bring on September when the real games begin.
Agree but beating dogs should have been by a bit of a margin as well.

Anyway I think we all agree team is good. Can be improved but the core is there and roll players are ok and getting the job done when the key players fire and effort/pressure is elite.

That's a very exciting team
Wow we've tried so many different team combos this year. We really haven't had consistency trying the best make up of our team.

1 ruck vs 2
Williams switched forward
Cincotta tagging in all parts of the ground
Now only 2 tall defenders and lots of guys who can play mid

Shortest team I've seen us play in a long time. MC clearly trying any way it can to inject more run into the team.

Agree but beating dogs should have been by a bit of a margin as well.

Anyway I think we all agree team is good. Can be improved but the core is there and roll players are ok and getting the job done when the key players fire and effort/pressure is elite.
I think they'll be fine once the whips are cracking in September if we can maintain a relatively healthy list :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Kennedy plays time at half back we have not learnt from last year.. that experiment failed badly.

Shows how far Young has fallen down the pecking order if we're keeping S. Durdin as an emergency (when he supposedly struggled to get through training) ahead of him.

We have Weitering, Young, and Durdin as our key backs and two of those the MC clearly do not trust. We have Gov, Marchbank, and Kemp as third tall/interceptors and two of those are constantly injured and the other is obviously not trusted. Backline should 100% be the priority through the draft and trade period.

Final team is a bit cringe.

Carroll, Cottrell, Cunningham, O Hollands, Marchbank.

Thank goodness we're playing North.

Even then I am not optimistic.
I don't think that you'd be optimistic even if we were playing a super rules team :tearsofjoy:
Mate if you can't be optimistic about 2nd playing 17th then I don't know when you will be.

If Kennedy plays time at half back we have not learnt from last year.. that experiment failed badly.

Shows how far Young has fallen down the pecking order if we're keeping S. Durdin as an emergency (when he supposedly struggled to get through training) ahead of him.

We have Weitering, Young, and Durdin as our key backs and two of those the MC clearly do not trust. We have Gov, Marchbank, and Kemp as third tall/interceptors and two of those are constantly injured and the other is obviously not trusted. Backline should 100% be the priority through the draft and trade period.
Played well in patches when he was there early in the year. Took about 3 or 4 big intercept marks in the second half against the giants at marvel. Did something similar against Adelaide and looked decent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back