Preview 2024 Rd 19 Carlton vs North Melbourne Sunday 21st July 4:40PM AEST @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How a magnificent club like ours couldn't manage to get cover for the loss of Jones a few years back is astonishing.

They went with Young and Nigel - did they really do their homework on these guys?

Watching Young - should have been pretty easy for coaches/austin to see he was never going to make it.

Nigel - I think he had an injury riddled background - something we should be staying well away from - got enough injuries.

Then they try and plug Kemp into the hole.

Pretty poor really - particularly seeing we are well into our flag window.
Really agree with that first sentence, but (excusing my ignorance!) who is Nigel?!!

So Kemp blitzes in the VFL this week, does he come back in next week instead of Marchbank?
I’m hoping Durdin is at least serviceable as a lockdown KPD like Frost is for the Hawks and holds down his spot, leaving Weitering and McGov (when back) to play off their man and intercept.

One things for sure; Young is now at the very end of the queue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A question for the list watchers..

Why do we think Jack Martin is emergency, but Ollie and Cotters are playing?

Surely he is an upgrade on one of those two given recent form? A viable avenue to goal and x factor, seems strange to me unless there is something I don't know.
He’s a clear upgrade on talent but he plays a different position, at least with respect to Ollie. Cotters and Ollie whilst both in poor form, are two of our better runners in a team that lacks that run and foot speed. They’re hard to drop for that reason so they do get a bit lucky. If we drop one we likely end up with a Cerra or Cuningham (both injury prone) doing rotations on the wing and a lot more running than they usually do. Not ideal IMO. Maybe Elijah too but I personally don’t like the idea of him on the wing. He’s best utilised half forward and mid rotations.

You have to pick to positions. You can’t just fling the magnets around and put players in unfamiliar or unsuitable roles. At this stage of the season we should be consolidating positions and not tinkering too much. Also, I think Martin probably needs another VFL game before he gets a recall. Just my thoughts.
Thanks. Fair enough, good analysis.

So Kemp blitzes in the VFL this week, does he come back in next week instead of Marchbank?

Voss said Kemp has to show consistency. No such thing was said about Marchbank. However, Gov should be back too, so if Nige goes well, they might be the 3 against Port. Nige on Dixon, Gov on Georgiades and Weiters on Lord.

One thing we have done this week is reward VFL form. Motlop and Hewett were a must. Carroll, while the jury is still out on him, earned a recall, and Sam Durdin was the best of our VFL defenders. Cuningham also showed form and played good minutes.

Touhy could have been a 300 gamer for us...

On SM-F946B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Tuohy would have been a 300 gamer for us. I suspect he's lasted longer than perhaps we thought he would.

Fair enough to him, he's proved his old club wrong in the best possible way. I hate that recently he's been booed by Carlton fans. We basically slapped him in the face on the way out. such a shame.

I think we all understood the rationale at the time, even though no one liked it we saw the sense behind it. But alas, it has been nothing short of a miserable failure of a move.

Tuohy would have been a 300 gamer for us. I suspect he's lasted longer than perhaps we thought he would.

Fair enough to him, he's proved his old club wrong in the best possible way. I hate that recently he's been booed by Carlton fans. We basically slapped him in the face on the way out. such a shame.

I think we all understood the rationale at the time, even though no one liked it we saw the sense behind it. But alas, it has been nothing short of a miserable failure of a move.

Considering we essentially traded Tuohy and a future 2nd for Smedts and future 1st, and those picks ended up only 6 spots apart, it's a hindsight disaster for us. Add to that we used the pick to trade for Marchbank, it hurts even more.

Slightly mitigated by Geelong using that 2nd for Fogarty. When they traded him to us however, they used the main pick to get Shannon Neale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back