Preview 2024 Rd 20 Carlton vs Port Adelaide Friday 26th July 7:40PM AEST @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Purchased a couple of hotdogs at Ikea this afternoon and the bloke behind the counter recognized my Carlton cap and said go blues and he was going to the game tonight. I take that as a good sign, Blues by 28 points.
Unfortunately, you’ll miss the game due to gastroenteritis.

did marchbank not get up after his illness, or not needed for matchups? maybe not with their lord out. exposed form in vfl now has kemp in pole position there i guess. mcgovern an important in to tidy up with boyd not relied upon to get the ball to others up the ground.

yeah would also be interested in seeing binns run around at some stage but not going to hold my breath. suffice to say, there may be some room in future games against other lower down teams where he steps in, in case of resting someone. vfl form alone clearly isn't going to give him a spot, and that's the meat of it.

maybe we're less likely to psychologically to take this easier. we seem to be the type of team that ends up roughly the same amount ahead in our games we win regardless of who. geelong/richmond not withstanding. if that means we win by 19 against port adelaide, i'm happy with that. defib on standby.
With each Marchbank injury or illness that he accrues the time for recovery from the latest is logarithmic compared to the previous. I like to call it the Marchbank Richter Scale.

4 goal loss.

A few key outs.
5 day break.
A few question marks on the health of players in the team.
Below average form line.
Opposition out to get us back for touching them up earlier in the year.

Hope I'm wrong but I've got a bad feeling about this one. We may be able get through on pure talent though.

4 goal loss.

A few key outs.
5 day break.
Below average form line.

Hope I'm wrong but I've got a bad feeling about this one. We may be able get through on pure talent though.

What the hell is this?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Purchased a couple of hotdogs at Ikea this afternoon and the bloke behind the counter recognized my Carlton cap and said go blues and he was going to the game tonight. I take that as a good sign, Blues by 28 points.
I work with Swedish guy who reckons he barracks for the Hawks. Cant fault the enthusiasm but has no idea what he is talking about. Keeps trying to find correlations between AFL and his beloved Redbergslids IK. I have given up explaining there is no correlation in any way shape or form between AFL and European Handball.

This is not great, I am now frankly slightly anxious.

4 goal loss.

A few key outs.
5 day break.
Below average form line.

The switch will be flicked. Tonight the real journey starts. Be enthralled with what awaits. I'm excited for the 2 of us!

4 goal loss.

A few key outs.
5 day break.
Below average form line.

We have had 3 pretty ordinary weeks but perhaps tonight is when it all clicks and we give Port a hiding.

Has there been any late outs ??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I want to see Charlie and Harry slot one early just to settle the nerves and get them into a positive frame of mind
A good start is vital , cant allow Port to get into the game at all.

4 goal loss.

A few key outs.
5 day break.
Below average form line.

I hate to agree but I am fearful of tonight.

Port have a very tough run home and are almost on the outside looking in. Will certainly be in that position if they lose.

I'm anticipating a team playing for their season against a sore and tired team.

This is the type of game I'd absolutely take winning ugly in.

Hmmm, First Crack just said Port have won 10 of their last 11 at Marvel….

Was confident as until I heard that

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Yeah our chances would be a lot higher at the G.

They are a bit soft are Port, they like the comfy confines of Marvel but get exposed in tougher, scrapper games like at the MCG and even big games at Adelaide Oval.

Just watched Heath Bucks game preview, he thinks that we will get beat as well.

Bit if pessimism around, however I feel like we will come out hard tonight.

Blitz them in the first stanza. Pitto palming it down nicely, Crippa and co will enjoy the silver service.

Experimentation phase is now over, time to get down to business. Power will not know what hit them.

At least the Port loving and Ken hating feral's will be partly happy.

I hate to agree but I am fearful of tonight.

Port have a very tough run home and are almost on the outside looking in. Will certainly be in that position if they lose.

I'm anticipating a team playing for their season against a sore and tired team.

This is the type of game I'd absolutely take winning ugly in.
Agree but they aren't exactly humming either.

Marshall and Finlayson injured helps us given our issues with tall 2nd forwards. Rozee is playing but was subbed off last week with an injury. JHF had a poor game.

They've had back to back 6 day breaks and their away trip before this was to Gold Coast, was an afternoon game too so could be taxing on the body.

4 goal loss.

A few key outs.
5 day break.
Below average form line.

You're nuts

This is a bit of a final for port plus surely Kenny owes Vossy a clip.

I've got no confidence.

Yes. Carlton have a switch but sometimes they can't find it in games. It's like that fair game where you have to hammer the sharks heads but the bloody thing disappears.

Let's keep an eye out for Pitto, Kempy and Cotters to prove a point.

Hahaha ... Pablito lights up a stick of dynamite and throws it into the Carlton ring .... BOOM! lol

It's usually the Port fans who are the doomsdayers
Over in the Port thread they are probably having a punt on how much Carlton will win by...
No, we genuinely want you to win. We win and it's doomsday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back