Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Final Team is in …

2 Changes

IMG_0952.jpeg
MILESTONE: Nic Newman 100 Carlton Games

IMG_0953.jpeg

We’ve been shite since Williams and TDK got injured. Williams a chance I believe for next week.

Cerra and Cottrell the two certain outs due to injury, the same that came in and our game changed for the worse.

Don’t think we’ll win this but who knows.

This year is nuts, I couldn’t believe it when I saw Port thrashing the Swans 70-0, was never sold of them being flag favourites and I was never sold on us either.

I think we’re capable but it just doesn’t seem likely now… how we go from brutal to jelly, I just don’t get it.

Binns for Cottrell

Kennedy into the 22 and starting mid to replace Cerra.

Lord to come in as sub.

If Charlie doesn’t get up I’d rather Young come in as a defender and Kemp to go forward.

However they’d probably play Young forward. You may as well play Lemmey.

Binns for Cottrell

Kennedy into the 22 and starting mid to replace Cerra.

Lord to come in as sub.

If Charlie doesn’t get up I’d rather Young come in as a defender and Kemp to go forward.

However they’d probably play Young forward. You may as well play Lemmey.
I’d rather play Martin in the square and push Walsh forward …

While in theory anything can happen, most likely event is we get flogged, going by their form and our form.

If we can't handle the Pies, these guys are playing way better than they are, and will expose us even more. Could be like what Port did to the Swans.

I'd be getting on Hawks to win by 8 goals plus. They will be playing finals, and we will not be.

In terms of ins and outs, well I don't really give a shit tbh. I might calm down during the week, but I really don't feel like going to this or any other of our games this year.

But I will play along:

Out: Cerra, Cottrell (both injured), Martin (I assume he will pick up some injury during the week)
In: Carroll, Cowan, Fantasia

Those ins, and any other combo of guys coming in really doesn't give me any real enthusiasm, the improvement has to come from the guys out there, but with Walsh banged up, and I think Charlie too, I don't think we have it in us. Be nice to have Doc, JSOS, TDK and Williams available. We really miss those heart and soul types like Doc especially, and also JSOS.

We’ve been shite since Williams and TDK got injured. Williams a chance I believe for next week.

Cerra and Cottrell the two certain outs due to injury, the same that came in and our game changed for the worse.

Don’t think we’ll win this but who knows.

This year is nuts, I couldn’t believe it when I saw Port thrashing the Swans 70-0, was never sold of them being flag favourites and I was never sold on us either.

I think we’re capable but it just doesn’t seem likely now… how we go from brutal to jelly, I just don’t get it.
Difference is, they are still on top of the ladder, we are about to drop out of the 8.

Can I suggest, those here predicting a flogging by the hawks aren’t allowed to join in the fun if we win?
We could win, stranger things have happened.

If I want to be glass half full about the whole thing:

• Defensively we held pretty firm tonight, and that gave us a shot at winning late
  • We were able to get some sort of control of the game at times, we have actually been better the last 2 weeks in that regard than we'd been the previous 3 when we were too easy to score against
  • I think effort and application were fine. Pies are still a formidable side, and have had some very good inclusions the past few weeks.

I think for me and many others its almost like going through the stages of grief, that we aren't as good as we'd hoped. We are just a side in the mix for the 8, nothing more, nothing less.

The worry is we drop our bundle after the losses we have had, and the Hawks come out hot. In some ways Hawks are more dangerous than Pies, but also they are less seasoned than the pies, and the Pies have the wood on us, and experience in big games.

Hawks could lose tomorrow and the wave they have been riding could crash a bit.

For the first time in a long time I go in expecting a loss, even though we completed bossed them last time we played them. There’s an air of resignation that we’ve been figured out - win the centre clearance and you’ll score because our backline is weak - and I don’t think it can be fixed in 3 weeks.

Cerra and Cottrell will have to come out which is probably good because at least MK should get a full game in the midfield. On form Boyd and Motlop deserve to be dropped but the cupboard is bare (thanks to Austen re-signing injury prone players) so I think it’ll be Cowan and Carroll in so I’d go in as follows:

Saad, Weitering, Kemp
Newman, Gov, Cowan
Acres, Cripps, Ollie
Elijah, Harry, Fogarty
Owies, Charlie, Martin
Pitto, Hewett, Walsh
Cincotta, Motlop, Boyd, Kennedy
Carroll (sub)

For the first time in a long time I go in expecting a loss, even though we completed bossed them last time we played them. There’s an air of resignation that we’ve been figured out - win the centre clearance and you’ll score because our backline is weak - and I don’t think it can be fixed in 3 weeks.

Cerra and Cottrell will have to come out which is probably good because at least MK should get a full game in the midfield. On form Boyd and Motlop deserve to be dropped but the cupboard is bare (thanks to Austen re-signing injury prone players) so I think it’ll be Cowan and Carroll in so I’d go in as follows:

Saad, Weitering, Kemp
Newman, Gov, Cowan
Acres, Cripps, Ollie
Elijah, Harry, Fogarty
Owies, Charlie, Martin
Pitto, Hewett, Walsh
Cincotta, Motlop, Boyd, Kennedy
Carroll (sub)
I still assume Martin wont play, but maybe he can come up after an 8 day break. If he goes out who comes in for him? Fantasia? Corey Durdin? Cupboard is bare, and makes you just want to play a 50% fit Martin.

We have seen how form can come and go very quickly, Hawks are flying currently. If the form of the past 5 weeks holds, as I said in a previous post, hawks could really belt us. Or it could just be like those middle of last year games where we lose by 4-5 goals and we kick 6.16 or something.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Win the next 3 and we fall to 4th
Next week just focus on beating hawks
Adel must beat dogs
Dreaming but hey
Don't want to go to zoloft
Cerra and Cotts out
In. Some heart and Montreal
And play bam Bam and hewey, slow but they want it unlike a few

Does anyone even care any more?

Either we just miss finals, or make finals and not do much at all.
we'll be making the numbers up on current form. do we take one step too 2 steps forward I'm not sure. they all look banged up

Outs Cottrell, Cerra

Ins, probably Cowan, Fantasia/Lord

Was the last quarter an indication that we might have seen a change in mindset? Still can't get a feel
No mindset change.

We've seen the same thing happen in multiple games recently where we're kicking long down the line all game and then when it's nearing the end and we need to score we go into fast ball movement at any cost.

It's a pattern.

If we make many changes 3 weeks out from finals it’s a sign we are done or are desperately experimenting to find something

I think names like Lord Binns Carroll Cowan deserve their chance but will it won’t make much difference and I can’t see it happening

Watch us change Cerra and Cottrell for Cowan and Carroll. That will probably be it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back