Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Final Team is in …

2 Changes

IMG_0952.jpeg
MILESTONE: Nic Newman 100 Carlton Games

IMG_0953.jpeg

The call for Lord to come in…..obviously Cerra and Cotts are out probably for the rest of the H&A if not the season…

Kennedy takes Cerra’s spot…Cinc probably goes to half forward/tagging and takes Cotts

Cowan returns to defence in place of Cinc

Does Cooper become the sub…is that a waste of time? Carroll has been used mainly as sub once included….If Lord does come in who goes out ??

The call for Lord to come in…..obviously Cerra and Cotts are out probably for the rest of the H&A if not the season…

Kennedy takes Cerra’s spot…Cinc probably goes to half forward/tagging and takes Cotts

Cowan returns to defence in place of Cinc

Does Cooper become the sub…is that a waste of time? Carroll has been used mainly as sub once included….If Lord does come in who goes out ??

Time to see if the following can cut it at the top level......Binns, Wilson, Lord.

I doubt they’ll risk playing a guy who’s been at the club for less than 3 months in such an important. Ditto Wilson and Binns. We may all think our season is over but the coaches won’t be thinking like that, nor should they. Win the last 3 and we finish top 4.

I’d be shocked if it’s anything other than Carroll and Cowan in for Cerra and Cottrell. Boyd and Mots deserve to be dropped after last night but there isn’t anyone else available to replace them, the problem with carrying so many injured played on the list.

Will be an interesting comparison, tracking Mitchell's development of Hawthorn and Voss's at Carlton given their respective three years at the helm.
Hawks and Mitchell are well in front. When did we start our rebuild?

Hawks have charged back into contention grounds from a mini stint lower down the ladder.

Selection will tell us all we need to know...

If we don't want to be bold this week and bring in someone like Lord, then I think that will signify that we are still playing safe.

Play safe against this mob and they will kill us... they will absolutely murder us. The run and gun style they have been playing is tailor made to cut us up.

We either play with conviction, take the game on and play less predictable or no chance.

There is only one reason where are where we are.

Injuries.

Don’t agree tbh, we have noticeable deficiencies in game that teams pick apart, we go into our shells way too often and we’re far too reliant on a couple of superstars instead of a system.

Injuries suck, but every team has injuries.

I’d love to see the coaches think a bit differently

B: Boyd Young McGovern
HB: Cowan Weitering Saad
C: Acres Cripps Walsh
HF: Elijah McKay Fogarty
F: Kemp Curnow Motlop
Foll: Pittonet Kennedy Cincotta
Int: Newman Hewett Owies Lord (Ollie)

Walsh to a wing
Kemp up forward and back up ruck. Extra marking target we need
Young to defence for structure
Lord to debut
Cincotta in middle on Newcombe
Kennedy back on ball
I question whether Martin will back up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we don't want to be bold this week and bring in someone like Lord, then I think that will signify that we are still playing safe.

Play safe against this mob and they will kill us... they will absolutely murder us. The run and gun style they have been playing is tailor made to cut us up.

We either play with conviction, take the game on and play less predictable or no chance.

What does Lord bring to the table that help us to curtail the run and gun ? (genuine question).

The way they have played recently for such a young side is very impressive.

Missing a few key players with injury as well

There’s a reason Mitchell was so sought after as a coach. He’s brilliant.

Can comfortably say 3/4 of the list have improved as players under him.

Stark difference with our mob.

I actually think the opposite. If we are willing to play a teenager who has been at the club for less than 3 months - and would have very little knowledge of our game plan and connection with his teammates - in such a high stakes game over blokes who have been around for years, I think it’s an indication that the coaches are desperate. IMO it should be Cowan and Carroll for Cerra and Cottrell. MK and Hewett into the midfield, Walsh the line breaking receiver and Cincotta plays the defensive forward role.

IMO the way to beat the Hawks is to play our way, that is all the big bodies in the middle to batter them, plus one at the contest to claim and lock in field position and our small forwards tackle their backline runners into the ground. Voss has strayed from that formula the last month wanting to experiment with plus one behind the ball, to our detriment. Hopefully now with everything on the line he’ll go back to what we do best. If he doesn’t then he deserves to cop all the heat that will come his way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back