Status
Not open for further replies.
Final Team is in …

2 Changes

IMG_0952.jpeg
MILESTONE: Nic Newman 100 Carlton Games

IMG_0953.jpeg

No mindset change.

We've seen the same thing happen in multiple games recently where we're kicking long down the line all game and then when it's nearing the end and we need to score we go into fast ball movement at any cost.

It's a pattern.

Not the mindset I was talking about

But, every single side kicks the ball long when faced with pressure. Prior to last night we were number 1 over the previous 4 weeks for scores for inside 50, it's not the reason for losing

We haven't been blown away in our last 4 losses, it's a fine line between our good and bad output

If we make many changes 3 weeks out from finals it’s a sign we are done or are desperately experimenting to find something

I think names like Lord Binns Carroll Cowan deserve their chance but will it won’t make much difference and I can’t see it happening

Watch us change Cerra and Cottrell for Cowan and Carroll. That will probably be it
Walsh had 1 great moment last night. Can't remember who, maybe kemp? Took a mark on the wing and Walsh running an angle received a forward handball and had run off his opponent so had time to survey straighten and kick to advantage. It was a mark inside 50.

Thats his bread and butter.

I agree with what you're saying about this season but by God I hope Walsh is removed out of stoppages so he can do that over and over and over because he will if he doesn't have to be a stoppage midfielder. I don't think it happens but it's one of things that should over the off season.

:(

Walsh had 1 great moment last night. Can't remember who, maybe kemp? Took a mark on the wing and Walsh running an angle received a forward handball and had run off his opponent so had time to survey straighten and kick to advantage. It was a mark inside 50.

Thats his bread and butter.

I agree with what you're saying about this season but by God I hope Walsh is removed out of stoppages so he can do that over and over and over because he will if he doesn't have to be a stoppage midfielder. I don't think it happens but it's one of things that should over the off season.

:(

Agree. 👍

Top 4 still possible if we win our next 3, right? A lot of the top 4 hopefuls play one another (bar Brisbane)

Makes this game arguably more important than last night.

Think we can overpower the Hawks, but, if we allow them to run and gun like the Maggies did, we’d lose this by 6+ goals.

Hence, I can only see 2 changes happening (though I’d absolutely do 3-4)

If we make many changes 3 weeks out from finals it’s a sign we are done or are desperately experimenting to find something

I think names like Lord Binns Carroll Cowan deserve their chance but will it won’t make much difference and I can’t see it happening

Watch us change Cerra and Cottrell for Cowan and Carroll. That will probably be it

And that’s one of the reasons why we are where we are right now.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Didn’t kick straight, we either look knackered or rusty depending on the number of days between matches otherwise Kennedy for cerra and bins for cotts.

Win the next 3 and we fall to 4th
Next week just focus on beating hawks
Adel must beat dogs
Dreaming but hey
Don't want to go to zoloft
Cerra and Cotts out
In. Some heart and Montreal
And play bam Bam and hewey, slow but they want it unlike a few
WBD season looked to be shot vs Port at the Adelaide Oval, things are turning quickly this season.

Can’t see us doing much in the absence of TDK … knew this the second he got injured … the difference between what he brings and what we currently have is insane …

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keep the faith peeps wouldn't be modern Carlton without torturing its fans along the way.
Just as likely to win the last 3 who knows with this lot .
Will it be the 22 Carlton version and surrender the last 3 or 4 games and miss out on minuscule % ?
Or the fighting 23 version ? .
Time will tell one thing for sure Cooper Lord is a must in.

Release the shackles and play like we did in the last qtr and we will win.
In game lapses and defensive improvements and we win.
Last night 1st,2nd and 3rd qtr Red time goals kick which has happened a lot this year. Let’s shut it down.
Defending Inside 50 stoppages huge issue everyone resulted in a shot at goal last night. Tighten up stop ball watching and have some awareness.
Let’s even up the forward line Jermery Howe had a field day night and so did ports key defenders the week before. Kennedy or Cinc to play a role ?
If we start getting smack in centre clearences or are exposed in an area , be reactive move magnets.
Charlie C and Walsh. If they aren’t impacting in their role. Change their positions push Walsh to a wing get Charlie moving we need the ball in our best players hands.
Easy fixes to make during the week.
We aren’t getting belted we are in all games
Score board impact early and shut red time goals down and we win.

Will be an interesting comparison, tracking Mitchell's development of Hawthorn and Voss's at Carlton given their respective three years at the helm.

Respectfully, they’re miles ahead of where they should be, and he’s miles ahead of Vossy as a coach, that’s not recency bias either.

We could win, stranger things have happened.

If I want to be glass half full about the whole thing:

• Defensively we held pretty firm tonight, and that gave us a shot at winning late
  • We were able to get some sort of control of the game at times, we have actually been better the last 2 weeks in that regard than we'd been the previous 3 when we were too easy to score against
  • I think effort and application were fine. Pies are still a formidable side, and have had some very good inclusions the past few weeks.

I think for me and many others its almost like going through the stages of grief, that we aren't as good as we'd hoped. We are just a side in the mix for the 8, nothing more, nothing less.

The worry is we drop our bundle after the losses we have had, and the Hawks come out hot. In some ways Hawks are more dangerous than Pies, but also they are less seasoned than the pies, and the Pies have the wood on us, and experience in big games.

Hawks could lose tomorrow and the wave they have been riding could crash a bit.
Still getting my head around this form thing

Just hoping/expecting we get that back…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back