Autopsy 2024 Rd 24 Heartbreaker. Happy happy joy joy. Nothing to see here.

Who played well for the Blues in Round 24 vs the Saints?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

If we don't make it to finals, it might not be such a bad thing. Travelling to Brisbane with our injury list is going to be very hard, highly unlikely we win.

Maybe not making finals, getting players in for surgeries earlier & having a "slightly" better draft pick, along with hopefully the boys having a fierce desire to atone for this season, might serve us better in the long run.

Seriously, professional AFL football player, 30 metres out almost directly in front and hasn't got the cahonas to slot it for his team. Hate seeing the players console a player after something like that. Not good enough I'm afraid.

Most of us were elated & then let down, but Higgins :mad: Could Young touch that ball?
I think that if he had tried to punch, he might have got it. Straight arm. But we'll never know.

You’ll be fine TODN and remember the sun will come up tomorrow….except if you’re in Ireland it seems to rain here every day. :)
I know that feeling. It was the same in Manchester.

If our Match Committee had of had as much faith in our second tier players earlier in the season instead of our propensity to play underdone and perenially fragile players - we probably wouldn't have needed to win the last game of the season just to make finals.
There's one thing so noticed about Voss very early on is that if in doubt, or even close to being a close call, he always, always goes with the more experienced player. Even Moir being the sub in favour of an under done Fantasia starting.

That's not necessarily the best method, as we've seen the last couple weeks, our young guys do have plenty to offer and we probably could've done with some of it earlier.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we don't make it to finals, it might not be such a bad thing. Travelling to Brisbane with our injury list is going to be very hard, highly unlikely we win.

Maybe not making finals, getting players in for surgeries earlier & having a "slightly" better draft pick, along with hopefully the boys having a fierce desire to atone for this season, might serve us better in the long run.

The club stuffed this season up, Russell was never any good and the mc decided to be cute.

This is 100% failure I put on the club and not the players but being shit scared of playing Brisbane in Brisbane is weak loser stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Feel like Cripps is the only guy on our list that consistently lifts himself for big moments and games. I wouldn't back anyone else to definitely stand up, but with Patty you can write it in your book a week in advance.

He's incredible.
Acres. Ollie getting there.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

George Hewett should never be a sub for this football club again. Seeing him live the last 2 weeks when all other mids except the skip are down on form or out of action he has been monstrous. Imo he has been as good as if not better than Cripps and Cripps was enormous.

67 touches and 16 tackles. Bloke gave it everything.

There's one thing so noticed about Voss very early on is that if in doubt, or even close to being a close call, he always, always goes with the more experienced player. Even Moir being the sub in favour of an under done Fantasia starting.

That's not necessarily the best method, as we've seen the last couple weeks, our young guys do have plenty to offer and we probably could've done with some of it earlier.
then he takes off carroll who had plenty of run in his legs and keeps durdin on who did jack shit all game

Nothing? Ok.

The game wouldn’t have been that close if it wasn’t for the umpiring. It wasn’t the only factor, but it certainly didn’t help.

The first half felt like a complete fix by the AFL to ensure the following Freo/Port game was still relevant. It was so blatantly obviously biased.

At one stage 12 frees to 1 in the second quarter. No team is that perfect and our tackles were never rewarded. It was even more sickening that they then tried to even it up.

A whole stadium change BULL***T sums it up.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Freddie’s yelling about Somebody to Love.

It all balances out.👍😍👍

🥰

cries perfect freddie mercury GIF

I have NEVER seen a crowd as FURIOUS with the umpiring than today at Marvel. Towards the end of the 2nd Quarter I actually thought there might be a pitch invasion. Whoever the **** Umpire 12 is he should NEVER umpire another game again.
I watched it on Kayo, but you could clearly hear the crowd chanting bullshit, bullshit. Commentators didn't even comment on that though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2024 Rd 24 Heartbreaker. Happy happy joy joy. Nothing to see here.

Back