Trades 2024 Round 16 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

What are peoples thoughts on 40 trades at this point?
More plz.

More GIF

Not enough should be 2 every week and 3 on bye weeks 😂
Nah in all seriousness it’s way too many and now everybody has the same team.
Lots extra byes this year.
Will interesting how the AFL do the byes next year.

Imo just one bye, no footy, no trades.

Lots extra byes this year.
Will interesting how the AFL do the byes next year.

Imo just one bye, no footy, no trades.

Yeah they have to do this.

All these byes are f@rking ridiculous and ruin supercoach.

Can't believe that the AFL kents added even more byes this year. :mad:

P1ss off the sub too, can't stand it. :mad:

Crap. Changed the fabric of the game. People just trade out premos like it's nothing. All our teams are the same because every brings in the must-haves. People trade stupidly (myself included) because there's so many trades. Back in the day, if you didn't focus on cash gen and do a bunch of rookie corrections, you'd be screwed. Now people don't even care about that, people are just sideways trading premos and mid-pricers and have shocking benches. It has ruined the game and made it way less fun for me. I reckon I won't be playing next year.

Question.

Do I trade Oliver > Dunkley this week kenties or do I not trade and get 1 of Schoemaker or Evans in next week for Hore as D7 cover?

View attachment 2029789
Gotta do it JM. Oliver must go.

If you Schoen looks like a must have, get him next week to strengthen your bench.

Yeah they have to do this.

All these byes are f@rking ridiculous and ruin supercoach.

Can't believe that the AFL kents added even more byes this year. :mad:

P1ss off the sub too, can't stand it. :mad:

Dillion and Kane can fook off.

Attachments

• GregariousRashArkshell-max-1mb.gif
    GregariousRashArkshell-max-1mb.gif
    172.5 KB · Views: 14
Gotta do it JM. Oliver must go.

If you Schoen looks like a must have, get him next week to strengthen your bench.

Even if I only have 1 trade left next week after getting Schoemaker in?

Yeah think I'll be going Oliver > Dunkley mate. Can see Berry tagging the sh1t out of him this week like how Phillips did.

Although I can't really see any other good taggers he faces after that.

Evem if I only have 1 trade left next week after getting Schoemaker in?

Yeah think I'll be going Oliver > Dunkley mate. Can see Berry tagging the sh1t out of him this week like how Phillips did.

Although I can't really see any other good taggers he faces after that.
It's more his fitness than the taggers. He needs a preseason, or a double preseason lol. He's just so off the pace. Reckon he's getting more and more tired as the year goes on. Hard to recover when you've got no fitness base.

You don't need to get a rookie next week, you can just hold and wait for another option.

It'll likely never happen (due to engagement numbers and prize money etc), but I still think the clear solution is having SuperCoach Classic (~25 trades) and SuperCoach Max (working title lol – two trades per week, three in bye rounds, no overall trade limit).

Just makes for a more tailored, enjoyable experience. I can imagine a lot of experienced coaches would lean towards Classic, where you would have more variation in teams, less sideways moves and more emphasis on good mid-pricers/JS.

The Max version would be more accessible and appeal to a younger (or Judd_Magic :moustache:) audience who can trade to their heart's content.

I'd probably play both (why not), but Classic would certainly be more interesting to me as somebody who has been playing for 15+ years. I miss the strategy.

It's more his fitness than the taggers. He needs a preseason, or a double preseason lol. He's just so off the pace. Reckon he's getting more and more tired as the year goes on. Hard to recover when you've got no fitness base.

You don't need to get a rookie next week, you can just hold and wait for another option.

If I get Dunkley in this week then Sexton at D6 is the only player in my team that I'm kinda worried about.

I guess I have Fisher and Humphires as defensive coverage. Humpheries should play soon.

Oliver looks like he's checked out tbh, jogging around with no interest. His clearance and stoppage work is very concerning, doesn't seem to be in an under at all. His spread is poor, disposal remains poor and his ability to outwork opponents and tags is not there. With Trac gone if he even looks semi effective he will be sat on every week so not a lot of ways for him to average 90+ from here imo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You’re certainly in the running for the Tradeaholic Badge, in honour of the great inventor an serial tradeaholic Judd_Magic

Sadly though that last trade is an impediment
Judd_Magic is not only a board legend but champion person too.

I've never been so keen to burn my final trade 🤣😆😁

It'll likely never happen (due to engagement numbers and prize money etc), but I still think the clear solution is having SuperCoach Classic (~25 trades) and SuperCoach Max (working title lol – two trades per week, three in bye rounds, no overall trade limit).

Just makes for a more tailored, enjoyable experience. I can imagine a lot of experienced coaches would lean towards Classic, where you would have more variation in teams, less sideways moves and more emphasis on good mid-pricers/JS.

The Max version would be more accessible and appeal to a younger (or Judd_Magic :moustache:) audience who can trade to their heart's content.

I'd probably play both (why not), but Classic would certainly be more interesting to me as somebody who has been playing for 15+ years. I miss the strategy.
Yep I'm from the old school as well where trades were critical and every option was considered 30 times before hitting submit, it often meant running a scrub or two in the final team but teams had more variety as under performing premos had to be held. Obvs a higher trade game encourages clicks so it's prob here to stay but I like the idea of a lower trade specialty game.

I'd also like first price changes to happen in game 2 rather than 3 so coaches get only 1 look at a rookie and it may create more diversity in rookie choices

Oliver looks like he's checked out tbh, jogging around with no interest. His clearance and stoppage work is very concerning, doesn't seem to be in an under at all. His spread is poor, disposal remains poor and his ability to outwork opponents and tags is not there. With Trac gone if he even looks semi effective he will be sat on every week so not a lot of ways for him to average 90+ from here imo
He's an okay M9

Will be interesting if he can get back to his best.
Who knows..

Crap. Changed the fabric of the game. People just trade out premos like it's nothing. All our teams are the same because every brings in the must-haves. People trade stupidly (myself included) because there's so many trades. Back in the day, if you didn't focus on cash gen and do a bunch of rookie corrections, you'd be screwed. Now people don't even care about that, people are just sideways trading premos and mid-pricers and have shocking benches. It has ruined the game and made it way less fun for me. I reckon I won't be playing next year.
100%

We are all worse at the game due to 40 trades (myself included).

No strategy, golden rules out the door, no repercussions for being over-zealous, just a low attention span trade-a-thon resulting in near identical teams.

I hate my "final" team this year, it is worse than when there were less trades.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back