Not open for further replies.
Brisbane 5th v Sydney 1st

Brisbane-vs-Sydney.png

Swans Match Day Hub

Gates open: 11:45am AEST​
AFL First bounce: 1:10pm​
AFL Match Centre

Channel 7 @ 1:00PM
Foxfooty: From 1.10pm on Channel 504 Anthony Hudson, Jonathan Brown, Gerard Healy, Alastair Lynch

AFL Team Selections
Brisbane:
In:
Brandon Starcevich, Henry Smith
Out: Logan Morris (Omitted),Conor McKenna (Managed)

Sydney:
In:
Harry Cunningham,Isaac Heeney, Corey Warner
Out: Justin McInerney (Injured) :sadv1:, Callum Mills (Managed) 😯, James Rowbottom (Injured) :sadv1:

Assume Cory sub​

Prefer our spread of games experience:
2024 round 19 team.jpg

Umpires

Nick Foot (2), Andrew Stephens (12), Jamie Broadbent (20), Craig Fleer (26)​
Most Recent games @ the Gabba
7 matches since 2104 at the Gabba - Sydney have won 4!​
DateVenueHome v Away TeamsResultHigh DisposalsHigh Goals
Round 14, 16 Jun 2023GabbaBrisbane defeats Sydney97-81L. Neale 29-
Round 1, 20 Mar 2021GabbaBrisbane defeated by Sydney94-125C. Mills 29-
Round 7, 4 May 2019GabbaBrisbane defeats Sydney103-81G. Hewett 34T. Papley 4
Round 10, 26 May 2018GabbaBrisbane defeated by Sydney49-67D. Beams 38I. Heeney 2
W. Hayward 2
B. Ronke 2
Round 6, 1 May 2016GabbaBrisbane defeated by Sydney94-97D. Hannebery 33
D. Zorko 33
L. Franklin 5
Round 15, 12 Jul 2015GabbaBrisbane defeated by Sydney49-70J. Kennedy 41L. Franklin 3
K. Tippett 3
D. Zorko 3
Round 7, 3 May 2014GabbaBrisbane defeated by Sydney44-123J. McVeigh 35A. Goodes 3

Welcome back Kotter Harry

Harry 200.jpg

As a Melbourne girl born and with South Melbourne Football Club in my DNA, I still do not understand League (NRL) and Origin.
If the NSW Blues were the underdogs for game 3 and won, why can't our Sydney Swans follow?

Mighty Bloods by 27 points

#ProudlySydney #GoBloods #GoSwans #Bloods #SYD150

Attachments

• Harry 200.jpg
    Harry 200.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Good luck to any of your supporters that are going to the game, I had a terrible experience at the Gabba a couple of weeks ago. My uncle and myself were set upon by a group of Lions supporters after Rankine bumped Starcevich. They have a mob mentality up there, keep your loved ones close and don't let the mob overwhelm you. The Gabba is a dangerous place.

Good luck to any of your supporters that are going to the game, I had a terrible experience at the Gabba a couple of weeks ago. My uncle and myself were set upon by a group of Lions supporters after Rankine bumped Starcevich. They have a mob mentality up there, keep your loved ones close and don't let the mob overwhelm you. The Gabba is a dangerous place.

I am sorry to hear you had a bad experience.

Unless we got thumped it's almost a little nothing to lose, will still be top with key players to return.

I think Lions form is overstated but winning is winning and always tough here, feel confident , not sure why but just think our midfield is way deeper even with 3 key outs

Swans by 34

The strong wind that's been blowing all week is still with us here in Brissie. I think it will largely blow across the ground but will make kicking tricky.

I think we'll win...

Mills, Rowbottom and McInerney out, but Parker, Heeney & Cunningham in... I think we've got them covered! (When was the last time we could say that!!)

The Lions have had 1 loss and 1 draw in their last 10 games, and are looking to make in 7 on the trot. They're good, but they're slow... and we're quick, very quick! With the weather likely to be good (no rain or dew but windy), I don't think they'll be able to hold us. I'm thinking that Lloyd will kick a goal today...

Sydney by 38!

ONWARDS TO VICTORY!!! :largeredcircle::mwcirlce::largeredcircle::mwcirlce:

Unless we got thumped it's almost a little nothing to lose, will still be top with key players to return.

I think Lions form is overstated but winning is winning and always tough here, feel confident , not sure why but just think our midfield is way deeper even with 3 key outs

Swans by 34

Our midfield is so deep that I once bumped into Errol gulden at a nightclub and had a 3 hour conversation about juxtaposing Marxist undertones in the work of Sartre and Nietzsche

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To win today we will need two of our KPF to both play well, AND kick straight.
Hasn't happened much of late. Hope it does today.

Would be interesting to see Parker tag Neale. Just bury the guy every time he looks like touching it.

it's all about the first quater for me. If we can win that, we win the game. Glad it's a day game too, slippery at night, and they play it well. Parker to have a dayout, 30+ possies and a couple of goals. Swans by 30

Don’t know how I feel about today. Are we hungry enough for this one or is it a squad rotation game / an ok pencilled loss ?

Thought our form turned last week.

Players mindset will be key.

That being said, in a close one I’ll tip the swans by a Jake 44 Lloyd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back