Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumor summary September 30
  • Cal Twomey confirms we are interested in James Peatling (link)
  • FiveAA claims we are after Scott Borlace, current Head of Development at Brisbane (link)
  • Claims of Rory Sloane heading to Melbourne Demons as a development coach, but maybe not before asking for a job at the Crows first?
  • Inside Trading suggests we are interested in Gold Coast's pick 12 (link)
  • Inside Trading also suggests Clayton Oliver is possibly back on the trade table, but doesn't link him to any specific clubs

Rumor summary October 1
  • We have offered Darcy Fogarty a five year contract extension early ahead of free agency (link)
  • We are attempting to lure Graham Wright to our football department (link)
  • Tom Morris claims the race for Peatling is down to GWS, Adelaide or a Victorian club (link)

Rumor summary October 2
  • Ricciuto claims we will announce a director of coaching this week (link)
  • GWS have upped their offer for Peatling to four years (link)
  • Twomey claims the Peatling decision is down to Adelaide, GWS and Western Bulldogs (link)
  • Graham Wright, who we are chasing as a head of football, is also being chased by Carlton for a CEO position (link)
  • Kymbo says the Peatling decision is down to Adelaide or GWS (link)
  • Poster claims Peatling has decided to stay in Sydney (link)

Last edited:

Surely

GWS would be pushing for him to choose them by tonight
Here is what happened

GWS " James..we really want you to stay, we have upped our offer to 4 years and thrown in a bit more cash"
James " Oh great, I really like it here and want to stay and this is really swaying me in light of the other offers coming in"
GWS " excellent news..why don't you go home to tell your girlfriend you are staying"
James " Wait..what..!!!..I forgot about her, she is going to kill me when I tell her..."
James' girlfriend " I have already found a place in Tennyson on the beach in Adelaide where I will be right near my BF (Cummings partner), did you tell GWS you are leaving?"
James " Yeah about that..."

Screaming and domestic violence ensues

Tomorrow morning
James (sporting bruises and a high heeled shoe wrapped around his head) "about what I told you yesterday...it aint happening I am a crow now"

Accepting $$ for ads is a big no no as far as the ABC are concerned.
Unless he's an employee with a contract which prohibits it, he's a self employed contractor who will have such terms within his contract. Or not.
It's similar to an ABC person who writes a book. Many have so I don't see the difference.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm keen on Peatling, I'm not fussed by the money or length of contract but I really want two picks plus Welsh this draft.

A future first would be to higher price as well.

If he was a free agent I'd be all in on getting him.

Well you’d assume if it’s GWS he’d announce it today and it wouldn’t be a good look announcing he’s leaving today and then rocking up, would be pretty awkward.

So I’m calling him a Crow if Dillon is right
One would hope so, but im not confident until about lunch time tomorrow.

Unless he's an employee with a contract which prohibits it, he's a self employed contractor who will have such terms within his contract. Or not.
It's similar to an ABC person who writes a book. Many have so I don't see the difference.
Its more that he didnt seek their approval first.

He's banged up physically as well as mentally
What's the evidence he's banged up physically? He had the dual shoulder recos in 2018 and hasn't had an operation on them since - at least that I could find.

Had a few hamstring issues and a broken hand - nothing that seem long term issues/something he cannot get back to his best with.

I cannot comment on his mental state however I guess if Melbourne do trade him, it feels like they're happy to bank on him not getting back to his best which is probably the biggest concern for mine.

That said, still interested myself - depending on what it costs.

One would hope so, but im not confident until about lunch time tomorrow.
The issue with being seen to lowball is you open the door to other offers, they do such a good job of making you feel loved, that by the time your existing club ups the ante it’s too late.

I’m suspecting this is what’s happened.

It’s happened to us a number of times, would be nice to get one back.

The issue with being seen to lowball is you open the door to other offers, they do such a good job of making you feel loved, that by the time your existing club ups the ante it’s too late.

I’m suspecting this is what’s happened.

It’s happened to us a number of times, would be nice to get one back.
I heard Scott Thompson speak about this a couple weeks ago.

Once you're too far down the road with someone you dont tend to look back.

He's quite specific here that GWS want a decision today for the B&F and he wants to announce tomorrow.

I've gone from thinking this is a 10% chance to thinking it's 90% or more

If he was staying wouldnt he announce it at some stage during the B&F?

Here is what happened

GWS " James..we really want you to stay, we have upped our offer to 4 years and thrown in a bit more cash"
James " Oh great, I really like it here and want to stay and this is really swaying me in light of the other offers coming in"
GWS " excellent news..why don't you go home to tell your girlfriend you are staying"
James " Wait..what..!!!..I forgot about her, she is going to kill me when I tell her..."
James' girlfriend " I have already found a place in Tennyson on the beach in Adelaide where I will be right near my BF (Cummings partner), did you tell GWS you are leaving?"
James " Yeah about that..."

Screaming and domestic violence ensues

Tomorrow morning
James (sporting bruises and a high heeled shoe wrapped around his head) "about what I told you yesterday...it aint happening I am a crow now"
If Danger wasn't with Mardi I have no doubt he would have stayed the extra two years at the AFC.

GF and Wives do hold considerable weight when make a decision as big as this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back