Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumor summary September 30
  • Cal Twomey confirms we are interested in James Peatling (link)
  • FiveAA claims we are after Scott Borlace, current Head of Development at Brisbane (link)
  • Claims of Rory Sloane heading to Melbourne Demons as a development coach, but maybe not before asking for a job at the Crows first?
  • Inside Trading suggests we are interested in Gold Coast's pick 12 (link)
  • Inside Trading also suggests Clayton Oliver is possibly back on the trade table, but doesn't link him to any specific clubs

Rumor summary October 1
  • We have offered Darcy Fogarty a five year contract extension early ahead of free agency (link)
  • We are attempting to lure Graham Wright to our football department (link)
  • Tom Morris claims the race for Peatling is down to GWS, Adelaide or a Victorian club (link)

Rumor summary October 2
  • Ricciuto claims we will announce a director of coaching this week (link)
  • GWS have upped their offer for Peatling to four years (link)
  • Twomey claims the Peatling decision is down to Adelaide, GWS and Western Bulldogs (link)
  • Graham Wright, who we are chasing as a head of football, is also being chased by Carlton for a CEO position (link)
  • Kymbo says the Peatling decision is down to Adelaide or GWS (link)
  • Poster claims Peatling has decided to stay in Sydney (link)
  • Poster claims our offer for Peatling is the best in terms of dollars by far (link)
  • We've landed Murray Davis from the Brisbane Lions as coaching director (link)

Rumor summary October 3

• Free agency lodgements for Cumming to Adelaide and Himmelberg to Gold Coast will go through tomorrow (link)
  • Gettable claiming the Peatling decision is still between three clubs (link)

Last edited:

WE HAVE OUR COACHES LOCKED IN FOR 2025

THE MESSAGING WAS DIRECTOR OF COACHING

UNLESS YOU HAVE ESP HOW CAN YOU REFUTE THOSE CLAIMS?
That’s the thing too ; we don’t even know what ‘director of coaching’ means yet

As others have noted , it’s had different meanings at different clubs before

Looking forward to hearing re what the role entails

Whats the point of worrying about something that may or may not happen ? If he is the director see how he goes why jump at shadows all this angst and if we get wright or monty or both this bs has all been for nothing unlike you i dont worry about things until it actually happens not hypotheticals

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app
I think I've (finally!!!) learned (after 15 years), that we can't help others unless they want to be helped. Right now (and for the last 7 years), they are pissed off with the Club (often justifiably so) for poor decision making. That means that they have a tendency to jump in feet first before they actually know all the facts (see the Cumming flip flopping and melodramatic meltdowns before the real decision was announced as a previous example). What those of us who don't react this way can do is just let them air their grievances and perhaps not put too much effort into them because a) we get angst ridden, and b) this is their state of mind right now. They have as much right to be pissed off as we have to be c'est-la-vie.

Because people such as Wayne & Mostyn make statements and run away don’t back it up yet will ask the reverse of course that’ll defend threads.
Do you really think using the term bed wetters is going to improve the threads, I’ve lost count the number of times it’s been used in the last day alone.
Uh Oh Reaction GIF by Bounce

SORRY!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because people such as Wayne & Mostyn make statements and run away don’t back it up yet will ask the reverse of course that’ll defend threads.
Do you really think using the term bed wetters is going to improve the threads, I’ve lost count the number of times it’s been used in the last day alone.
Use of Happy Clapper >>> Bedwetters over the journey

Anyway I will move on

Except campaigner wasn’t the word I used
We all know what you really meant! ;) I laugh sometimes when I hear others (outside BF) use the word campaigner but I hear the REAL word in its place!

I've been assured the affliction doesn't carry the same stigma as in the past ......stand-up and own it mate

We all know what you really meant! ;) I laugh sometimes when I hear others (outside BF) use the word campaigner but I hear the REAL word in its place!
I've started using "campaigner" outside of BF too lol.

Use of Happy Clapper >>> Bedwetters over the journey

Anyway I will move on
Yes but I’m not the one complaining in the first place am I?
My point is you’re complaining about the threads degrading yet are part of it.
I have no issue with you (even though I don’t agree with you on a lot of things) because you are prepared to backup what you say, and as far as I’ve seen you’ve not made anything up.

I swear as soon as Sloane got his contract he stopped giving 100 percent.

A harsh assumption, seeing Sloane was the 21st and 23rd best player in the competition in 2018, 2021 and 2019 by champion data. It just got truncated by some freak injuries (no one quite did freak injuries like Rory) and a rough 2020 campaign (which fair enough, all things considered). Wasn't quite the high water marks of 2014--2017 where he was a regular top 10 by CD, but it's not like Rory fell off a cliff. More just couldn't keep a scorching run going.

I do wonder how different that story would be if the club around Sloane didn't fall apart, seeing Sloane needed a solid team around him to hit his ceiling instead of being the guy who gets better when the chips are down. By 2023 Sloane had fallen off a cliff, but that was more father time catching up to what was a very good footballer.

Yet he's never coached or had any footy department employment - was Roos equivalent at the Giants?
Exactly, just because one has a profile and excellent career doesn't mean they are a better coach or coach director.

He is footy director at gws, so does have credentials.

I've been assured the affliction doesn't carry the same stigma as in the past ......stand-up and own it mate
Wtf are you even talking about it?
How about you just backup your claim that nicks was seen as the reason behind GWS making the grandfinal in 2019 and I won’t ever quote you again and will apologize.
You told me to google it (which I did) and found nothing, but clearly it’s pretty well known if you said to google.

Wtf are you even talking about it?
How about you just backup your claim that nicks was seen as the reason behind GWS making the grandfinal in 2019 and I won’t ever quote you again and will apologize.
You told me to google it (which I did) and found nothing, but clearly it’s pretty well known if you said to google.
I'm pretty sure he is paraphrasing David King - once he was going on about our ball movement and he said something about Nicks being central to the development of the Tsunami or something like that?

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back