Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I've deleted confirmed information

Rumors from September 30
  • FiveAA claims we are after Scott Borlace, current Head of Development at Brisbane (link)
  • Claims of Rory Sloane heading to Melbourne Demons as a development coach, but maybe not before asking for a job at the Crows first?
  • Inside Trading suggests we are interested in Gold Coast's pick 12 (link)
  • Inside Trading also suggests Clayton Oliver is possibly back on the trade table, but doesn't link him to any specific clubs

Rumors from October 1
  • We have offered Darcy Fogarty a five year contract extension early ahead of free agency (link)
  • We are attempting to lure Graham Wright to our football department (link)

Rumors from October 2-3
  • Graham Wright, who we are chasing as a head of football, is also being chased by Carlton for a CEO position (link)

Rumors from October 4-5
  • Gettable claiming pick 25 for Neal-Bullen and a future 2nd for Peatling (link)

Rumors from October 6
  • Tom Morris claims we are open to splitting pick 4 (link)

Rumor summary October 8
  • Jon Ralph claims we are not prepared to use a future 2nd on Peatling (link)

Rumor summary October 9
  • Graham Wright will not join Adelaide, instead taking up the Carlton CEO role (link)
  • Tom Morris claims the Peatling trade will involve future 2nd and 3rd round picks, and we have offered him a four year deal at about $600k per season (link)
  • Riley Beveridge claims we asked GWS if they were interested in one of our players in the Peatling trade (link)

Rumor summary October 10

• Collingwood are interested in Justin Reid as their new head of football (link)
  • GWS want our future 2nd and pick 46 for Peatling (link)

Rumor summary October 11

• Poster claims we are attempting to lure Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera, maybe in 2025 (link)
  • Tom Morris claims we will do the Peatling deal for pick 46 and a future 2nd provided there are other late pick swaps (link)

Rumor summary October 13

• Tom Morris suggests we have offered a trade involving a swap of future 2nds for Peatling (link)

Last edited:
Hard to argue with this. We should be trading someone with round 2 value to hedge our bets
GC might want some experience after losing Rat and Luko. Perfect spot for Laird

I agree, I never thought Houston was worth as much as they wanted.

I've said from day 1 that Houston was only worth a pick somewhere between 11-15.

All the 2 first rounder claims were pure fantasy that was never going to eventuate.

I still think this whole thing has been Port trying to be too smart and it's come back to bite them.

I suspect they were most overconfident about getting Perryman so they tried to be smart by shopping Houston around to get back into the draft this year because they thought that landing Perryman was a fait-accompli.

Once Perryman and Cumming fell through it was most probably too hard to put the genie back in the bottle with Houston.

Last edited:
Who would you rather have

PlayerKicksMarksHandballsDisposalsGoalsBehindsHitoutsTacklesR50I50ClearancesC PossUC PossC MarksMarks I50
1%​
BouncesGA
Travis Boak
4​
2​
7​
11​
0​
1​
0​
2​
0​
2​
1​
3​
10​
0​
0​
3​
0​
0​
Rory Atkins
8​
4​
9​
17​
0​
0​
0​
3​
3​
1​
2​
5​
11​
0​
0​
1​
0​
0​
Willie Rioli
5​
1​
7​
12​
1​
1​
0​
7​
0​
1​
3​
7​
6​
0​
0​
2​
0​
1​
Jeremey Finlayson
1​
1​
0​
1​
0​
0​
1​
1​
0​
0​
1​
1​
1​
0​
0​
3​
0​
0​
Ivan Soldo
4​
4​
3​
7​
1​
0​
20​
2​
2​
0​
2​
5​
3​
1​
1​
0​
0​
0​

I'm not sure he's ever going to be even that for a top team. Granted I've barely seen him play since he left us, but for us I remember him trying about 200 fend offs and successfully executing about 5 of them.

His lasting memory for me will be in the 2017 GF when we were humming, you can virtually pin point him taking advantage from a Tex free kick and getting tackled immediately as the first momentum shift that actually allowed Richmond a look in.

2.1 to 0.3, Tex wins a free in the middle of the ground and has a chance to power forward again, Rat takes advantage and gets tackled immediately, HTB. Ball instantly goes forward for a Richmond goal, and is followed within minutes by another and all of a sudden, instead of being up 3 goals to 0, we're behind and they're settled.

His confidence was sky high, which was often his downfall because he thought he could do more than he was actually capable of.

Nicely skilled at times, and I feel bad ragging on him because he really seems like a great guy and he was always a hoot to follow on social media. But there's a fine line between being the "cream" on top of a good team, and being the weak link in a good team. I'd have loved to see him taste success at GC, but not so much at Port.

Atkins played for a top team. Us in 2017. We don't even have to guess what he'd contribute

He was in our worst five players on grand final day. Massive downhill skiier. He's now 30 and past his prime too

PlayerKicksMarksHandballsDisposalsGoalsBehindsHitoutsTacklesR50I50ClearancesC PossUC PossC MarksMarks I50
1%​
BouncesGA
Travis Boak
4​
2​
7​
11​
0​
1​
0​
2​
0​
2​
1​
3​
10​
0​
0​
3​
0​
0​
Rory Atkins
8​
4​
9​
17​
0​
0​
0​
3​
3​
1​
2​
5​
11​
0​
0​
1​
0​
0​
Willie Rioli
5​
1​
7​
12​
1​
1​
0​
7​
0​
1​
3​
7​
6​
0​
0​
2​
0​
1​
Jeremey Finlayson
1​
1​
0​
1​
0​
0​
1​
1​
0​
0​
1​
1​
1​
0​
0​
3​
0​
0​
Ivan Soldo
4​
4​
3​
7​
1​
0​
20​
2​
2​
0​
2​
5​
3​
1​
1​
0​
0​
0​
Willie Rioli by an absolute mile

I'm not sure he's ever going to be even that for a top team. Granted I've barely seen him play since he left us, but for us I remember him trying about 200 fend offs and successfully executing about 5 of them.

His lasting memory for me will be in the 2017 GF when we were humming, you can virtually pin point him taking advantage from a Tex free kick and getting tackled immediately as the first momentum shift that actually allowed Richmond a look in.

2.1 to 0.3, Tex wins a free in the middle of the ground and has a chance to power forward again, Rat takes advantage and gets tackled immediately, HTB. Ball instantly goes forward for a Richmond goal, and is followed within minutes by another and all of a sudden, instead of being up 3 goals to 0, we're behind and they're settled.

His confidence was sky high, which was often his downfall because he thought he could do more than he was actually capable of.

Nicely skilled at times, and I feel bad ragging on him because he really seems like a great guy and he was always a hoot to follow on social media. But there's a fine line between being the "cream" on top of a good team, and being the weak link in a good team. I'd have loved to see him taste success at GC, but not so much at Port.

That was a bullshit htb call. Tackled immediately as he took possession.

I remember that too but that wasn't his fault, it was horrific umping. They called advantage and htb basically at the same time.

1%​
BouncesGA
Travis Boak
4​
2​
7​
11​
0​
1​
0​
2​
0​
2​
1​
3​
10​
0​
0​
3​
0​
0​
Rory Atkins
8​
4​
9​
17​
0​
0​
0​
3​
3​
1​
2​
5​
11​
0​
0​
1​
0​
0​
Willie Rioli
5​
1​
7​
12​
1​
1​
0​
7​
0​
1​
3​
7​
6​
0​
0​
2​
0​
1​
Jeremey Finlayson
1​
1​
0​
1​
0​
0​
1​
1​
0​
0​
1​
1​
1​
0​
0​
3​
0​
0​
Ivan Soldo
4​
4​
3​
7​
1​
0​
20​
2​
2​
0​
2​
5​
3​
1​
1​
0​
0​
0​
Houston

Is that the actuall deal?.. is that comfirmed?

Cause holy shite that is bad for port.

Lose one of their best players.. top 3 atleast..

Lose their F1

Gain pick 13.. two speculator picks and Luko (who couldnt even make the Suns best 22 at the end of the year), some Richards lad thats done nothing and Rory fxxkn Atkins!.. taking on rory’s salary and Luko’s massive overpaid salary..

That’s diabolically bad.

Please tell me thats true..

Port no longer giving up their f1, but the rest of the deal is the same.

a good deal for them tbh. bad for gc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port no longer giving up their f1, but the rest of the deal is the same.

a good deal for them tbh. bad for gc

This says they do give up their F1

Also for us:

GIANTS SET NEW PEATLING PRICE​

GREATER Western Sydney has asked for a future second-round pick in isolation from Adelaide as part of talks over wantaway midfielder James Peatling.

The Giants had initially been holding out for pick No.46 on top of the Crows' future second-round pick, but that selection was sent to the Demons on Monday morning in a swap deal.

The Crows had also tossed around pick slides as part of the ongoing discussions, with both clubs confident that a resolution will still be reached by Wednesday night's deadline.

The Giants have wanted to deal in future picks as part of the Peatling negotiations and added a second third-round selection in 2025 to their arsenal following the trade with the Demons.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Season 2 Wtf GIF by Parks and Recreation

If a player spends a prolonged period in the SANFL, it's fair to say that they're not currently viewed as being in the "best 22" at that time. For players on the fringe of the 22, it's quite possible that they can be in the best 22 one year and out the next (or vice versa).

In Jones' case, he was clearly in our best 22 prior to suffering a lisfranc injury in R23 2023. Unfortunately, when he returned in 2024, he wasn't the same player that he was before the injury. They gave him time to come good, before sending him back to the SANFL after R14. Maybe an extra pre-season will give him the time he needs to recover fully from the injury, allowing him to return to his best - winning back his place in our best 22. But as things stand right now, he's not in our best 22 players.

Hamill & McHenry have already been delisted. Jones has been discussed extensively already above, and in previous posts between us. That leaves Berry...

Berry was definitely in our best 22 in 2024, so there's no argument there. I also agree that he's one player whose position in the best 22 is at risk going into 2025. However, with ANB, Cumming & Pick 4 also competing for positions in our best 22, there's no guarantees that it's Peatling who takes his place.

But is he better than ANB, Cumming and Pick 4, who will also be pressing for places in our best 22 going forwards?

FWIW, I think the players most at risk of dropping out of our best 22 are (in no particular order) Berry, Murphy, Dowling, Laird and Nankervis.
I'd expect Cummong to replace Smith or Nankervis, ANB to replace Murphy, peatling to replace one of the younger mids

Port allow Houston to go because they thought they had Perryman secured as a FA, only to then end up with the Rat as his replacement? On top of paying Luko 1M per season for 6 years?
Season 3 Mouse GIF by Portlandia
I’m really hoping that by the halfway point of next season, Luko has been moved back to defence because their ball movement is terrible now that Houston is gone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back