Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I've deleted confirmed information

Rumors from September 30
  • FiveAA claims we are after Scott Borlace, current Head of Development at Brisbane (link)
  • Claims of Rory Sloane heading to Melbourne Demons as a development coach, but maybe not before asking for a job at the Crows first?
  • Inside Trading suggests we are interested in Gold Coast's pick 12 (link)
  • Inside Trading also suggests Clayton Oliver is possibly back on the trade table, but doesn't link him to any specific clubs

Rumors from October 1
  • We have offered Darcy Fogarty a five year contract extension early ahead of free agency (link)
  • We are attempting to lure Graham Wright to our football department (link)

Rumors from October 2-3
  • Graham Wright, who we are chasing as a head of football, is also being chased by Carlton for a CEO position (link)

Rumors from October 4-5
  • Gettable claiming pick 25 for Neal-Bullen and a future 2nd for Peatling (link)

Rumors from October 6
  • Tom Morris claims we are open to splitting pick 4 (link)

Rumor summary October 8
  • Jon Ralph claims we are not prepared to use a future 2nd on Peatling (link)

Rumor summary October 9
  • Graham Wright will not join Adelaide, instead taking up the Carlton CEO role (link)
  • Tom Morris claims the Peatling trade will involve future 2nd and 3rd round picks, and we have offered him a four year deal at about $600k per season (link)
  • Riley Beveridge claims we asked GWS if they were interested in one of our players in the Peatling trade (link)

Rumor summary October 10

• Collingwood are interested in Justin Reid as their new head of football (link)
  • GWS want our future 2nd and pick 46 for Peatling (link)

Rumor summary October 11

• Poster claims we are attempting to lure Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera, maybe in 2025 (link)
  • Tom Morris claims we will do the Peatling deal for pick 46 and a future 2nd provided there are other late pick swaps (link)

Rumor summary October 13

• Tom Morris suggests we have offered a trade involving a swap of future 2nds for Peatling (link)

Rumor summary October 15

• After West Coast got absolutely rogered, Cal Twomey claims we have offered either two future 3rds for Peatling, or a swap of 2nds and a future 3rd (link)
  • We have interest in Sam Davidson from Richmond VFL (link)
  • Mitch Cleary claims some GWS players are facing suspensions from the AFL due to behaviour at an end of season event (link)
  • Brett Montgomery is staying at GWS, meaning we were unsuccessful at luring him (link)

Rumor summary October 16

• Stalemate on the Peatling trade as of 4pm, with us threatening to send him to the PSD (link)

Last edited:
I’m not a massive Reid fan, whilst it’s not easy to attract to a bad side is very easy to attract when you have money and picks to play with.
Let’s see how he goes when we are flying, if he’s still here.
Fair enough. But do you acknowledge the biggest club in the land offering him a big promotion means that he IS rated by key people in the industry?

Fair enough. But do you acknowledge the biggest club in the land offering him a big promotion means that he IS rated by key people in the industry?
Yeah that’s a tough one they’ve offered him a promotion, but a different role.
So they obviously rate some of his skills, do they rate him as a list manager though?

Did you listen intently when Tyler Welsh's name was put to him?

Sounded like it's not an absolute done deal?
Yes, I heard that. My initial reaction was he is talking him down (it is in the Crows interests to do so). Also said they will be talking with the family soon. I expect they will lay on the line their expectations regarding discipline, commitment and culture, as well as a vision of where they expect the club to be, and asking Tyler if he is willing to take t his on board and to be a part of this.

Yeah that’s a tough one they’ve offered him a promotion, but a different role.
So they obviously rate some of his skills, do they rate him as a list manager though?
almost impossible to imagine they offer him a PROMOTION if they havent rated highly his performance in his current lower level role

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Reid offered Pies Footy Boss, a HUGE promotion for the nations biggest club, where are the bedwetters about Reidy now (inc Rowey The Clown).

5 first 18 players, with at least 2 elite, traded in over 4 years. Not too many clubs have done that.
Lol he just spent unused cap space on role players. That should just be a standard off season.

Something about a skit about dressing up as Raygun going to a Diddy party, or was it dressing up as Diddy going to a Raygun party, who knows. It seems a bloody excessive penalty for something that happened in a private room at a private event.
Must have been more to it if handed a 6 week suspension.

Bad taste doesn't warrant a suspension, so there must have been some other action.

Gee whiz Richmond have been absolutely blessed.... Winning the spoon yet getting paid absolute maximum value for good, but flaky players.

We could have only dreamed of that scenario. Imagine if we got 2 first round picks for a Laird etc in 2020 when we finished last.
And also a very deep even draft with lots of different positional players they can bring in, compared to 20/21 which were heavily limited with COVID restrictions.

THe only query from me was the Dees pick swap. 45 ish this year is worth much more than a similar pick next year. Perhaps we had a grand plan to use F3 for Peatling and unfortunately it didn’t work out. As someone else said we maybe wanted to offer kangas F2 to move from 4->2 this year but anyway great last few weeks for the club with only this relatively small query from my perspective

I don't think there is much to query there, outside of it falling in the broader trend of we clearly don't care for this draft after pick 4.

I kind of agree with the club as well. It's put up or shut up time for this iteration.

Must have been more to it if handed a 6 week suspension.

Bad taste doesn't warrant a suspension, so there must have been some other action.
Perhaps. All I know is what I read in the news yesterday, and there was nothing in that report that warranted a suspension, let alone 6 weeks worth.

Perhaps. All I know is what I read in the news yesterday, and there was nothing in that report that warranted a suspension, let alone 6 weeks worth.
Yep, surely must be something else than just dressing up in bad taste.

Dressed up as Jarrod hayne and brought up a blow up doll.
There was also a Josh Giddey and Twin towers dress up.
personally feel the 911 stuff was pretty off. due to the scale of death and destruction. anyone knowing someone affected by those 3,000 ish deaths and the tens of thousands more still mentally scarred (my partner was a few hundred metres away and saw the plane hitting) would never contemplate taking the piss out of this event. and thinking about it further, probably similar for many other skits inc making a joke of sexual assault (allegedly - I certainly dont know all the details)

Spending a first round pick on Ratugolea and Soldo, which are both depth players, forcing you to trade Houston to get back into the same draft at roughly the same position, is very funny

Someone on the Port board mentioned how the final wash up was that Port essentially traded Houston for a five pick upgrade from 18 to 13, Pick 29, Ratugolea and Soldo 🤣🤣🤣🤣

personally feel the 911 stuff was pretty off. due to the scale of death and destruction. anyone knowing someone affected by those 3,000 ish deaths and the tens of thousands more still mentally scarred (my partner was a few hundred metres away and saw the plane hitting) would never contemplate taking the piss out of this event. and thinking about it further, probably similar for many other skits inc making a joke of sexual assault (allegedly - I certainly dont know all the details)
Was certainly a weird route to go down.

Last edited:
I doubt it. My guess it'll be something like "we won't accept a F/S if you get a 2nd round bid, however will from the 3rd round".

It did sound like we're probably taking Welsh unless someone really loves him.

I think in the past we've been fairly upfront where the potential f/s sits on our talent order. The good news is we have the extra 3rd rounders next year to eat into in case a bid does come a touch early.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back