Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I've deleted confirmed information

Rumors from September 30
  • FiveAA claims we are after Scott Borlace, current Head of Development at Brisbane (link)
  • Claims of Rory Sloane heading to Melbourne Demons as a development coach, but maybe not before asking for a job at the Crows first?
  • Inside Trading suggests we are interested in Gold Coast's pick 12 (link)
  • Inside Trading also suggests Clayton Oliver is possibly back on the trade table, but doesn't link him to any specific clubs

Rumors from October 1
  • We have offered Darcy Fogarty a five year contract extension early ahead of free agency (link)
  • We are attempting to lure Graham Wright to our football department (link)

Rumors from October 2-3
  • Graham Wright, who we are chasing as a head of football, is also being chased by Carlton for a CEO position (link)

Rumors from October 4-5
  • Gettable claiming pick 25 for Neal-Bullen and a future 2nd for Peatling (link)

Rumors from October 6
  • Tom Morris claims we are open to splitting pick 4 (link)

Rumor summary October 8
  • Jon Ralph claims we are not prepared to use a future 2nd on Peatling (link)

Rumor summary October 9
  • Graham Wright will not join Adelaide, instead taking up the Carlton CEO role (link)
  • Tom Morris claims the Peatling trade will involve future 2nd and 3rd round picks, and we have offered him a four year deal at about $600k per season (link)
  • Riley Beveridge claims we asked GWS if they were interested in one of our players in the Peatling trade (link)

Rumor summary October 10

• Collingwood are interested in Justin Reid as their new head of football (link)
  • GWS want our future 2nd and pick 46 for Peatling (link)

Rumor summary October 11

• Poster claims we are attempting to lure Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera, maybe in 2025 (link)
  • Tom Morris claims we will do the Peatling deal for pick 46 and a future 2nd provided there are other late pick swaps (link)

Rumor summary October 13

• Tom Morris suggests we have offered a trade involving a swap of future 2nds for Peatling (link)

Rumor summary October 15

• After West Coast got absolutely rogered, Cal Twomey claims we have offered either two future 3rds for Peatling, or a swap of 2nds and a future 3rd (link)
  • We have interest in Sam Davidson from Richmond VFL (link)
  • Mitch Cleary claims some GWS players are facing suspensions from the AFL due to behaviour at an end of season event (link)
  • Brett Montgomery is staying at GWS, meaning we were unsuccessful at luring him (link)

Rumor summary October 16

• Stalemate on the Peatling trade as of 4pm, with us threatening to send him to the PSD (link)

Last edited:
Toby Greene getting stung for $20k for "not doing anything to stop it" is just taking the piss. Seriously, the whole thing is ridiculous. Private event, no public misbehaviour.

Its a very solid trade period, but outside pick 4, we have nothing in a supposed super draft when we are desperate for elite mids and still haven't addressed anything long term RE our rucks.

We are OVER stocked for half backs (Smith :$ , Cumming, Hinge, Michelanney, Milera, Jones etc) and mid/forward hybrids (Rankine, Rachelle, Peatling, ANB, Keays, Murphy, Pedlar etc) now.

Pick 4 now becomes absolutely massive to this offseason and what we do with it/select.
theres glass half full and half empty

Firstly we traded our second rounder in 2024 last year to get Curtin - assume happy with that?

We brought in 3 x first 18 players that is beyond any reasonably supporters expectations. All are potential top 10 players for the club - they arent Ratkins or Richards type fringe players. There is a price to pay brining in 3 experienced good (to potentially much better than good) players - in terms of draft picks. Surely this is clear and self evident? How anyone cant be happy with the natural compromise of 3 excellent ins reducing our trade hand this year is beyond me. Esp considering our list profile including MANY potential young elite (under 23s) does NOT NEED more young talent. It now needs mature and experienced mid 20's type players. Exactly what we have executed.

We have retained our pick 4 for an elite mid and probably Welsh for a late junk pick

Its probably the most exceptional year of trading/drafting we have had in the last 4 years and that includes some other excellent years.

Our strategy this year has been spot on and well executed by Reidy. Bring in Draper (Smith/FOS) and Welsh and we will look back at this year as a huge success for many years to come

Yes, I heard that. My initial reaction was he is talking him down (it is in the Crows interests to do so). Also said they will be talking with the family soon. I expect they will lay on the line their expectations regarding discipline, commitment and culture, as well as a vision of where they expect the club to be, and asking Tyler if he is willing to take t his on board and to be a part of this.
Reid had learned to be a bit of a shit stirrer and hide whatever he actually thinks is happening.

Gibbs Year One taught him a lot, poor bloke.

I don't think there is much to query there, outside of it falling in the broader trend of we clearly don't care for this draft after pick 4.

I kind of agree with the club as well. It's put up or shut up time for this iteration.
Of course we care about it but we have no list spots and have prioritised bringing in players as they’ve put 2024 on lack of experience which is a cop out.

Now should the 15th ranked team be tight for lost spots? I wouldn’t have thought so. Doesn’t help when your moron coach gets a cooked player to his trigger and then drops him.

Yes, I heard that. My initial reaction was he is talking him down (it is in the Crows interests to do so). Also said they will be talking with the family soon. I expect they will lay on the line their expectations regarding discipline, commitment and culture, as well as a vision of where they expect the club to be, and asking Tyler if he is willing to take t his on board and to be a part of this.
Just a hindsight thought. Have the Crows shot themselves in the foot with taking Tyler out of an environment where he was thriving as an U18 and putting him into a full-time team of wannabee AFL players, retired ex SANFL and AFL players and country hacks. With him ignoring school too much time for other things at to young an age.

In past years we gave players like Tyler a few games to get a feel for playing senior footy.

Toby Greene getting stung for $20k for "not doing anything to stop it" is just taking the piss. Seriously, the whole thing is ridiculous. Private event, no public misbehaviour.
I'm the opposite of the "woke is bad" Neanderthals out there but agree. Ridiculous.
Would anything happen if this was geelong?

Hmm ok. This is news to me.

It's from here:

Those details, which help explain why the AFL has acted so harshly over what was otherwise a private event, include claims a player dressed up as former NRL and NFL player Jarryd Hayne and interacted with a blow-up doll during an offensive skit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our biggest advantage was if he was good enough to go pick 1 which we get a big discount on and get to use a bunch of crap picks to acquire. All the advantage is lost because he’s slipped so far that we get no benefit whatsoever.
Now we can package those crap picks and move up next year because somebody else wants to trade so they can take a FS or Academy player. It's neat resource management.

Edit: or we can match a bid on Stevens father son pick next year. Sounds like he's going okay in Gippsland.

Last edited:
personally feel the 911 stuff was pretty off. due to the scale of death and destruction. anyone knowing someone affected by those 3,000 ish deaths and the tens of thousands more still mentally scarred (my partner was a few hundred metres away and saw the plane hitting) would never contemplate taking the piss out of this event. and thinking about it further, probably similar for many other skits inc making a joke of sexual assault (allegedly - I certainly dont know all the details)
I would argue differently as I recognise humour done well can help raise discussion of issues we usually keep private when talking about them is much better

But the main issue I have is its not suspension worthy no matter the odious nature of the dress up

Do I get upset because 3 Geelong players dressed up as goalposts and Keays or do I laugh at the whole situation created and recognise the AFL screwed up and Geelong took the opportunity to 1. Highlight it 2 Take the opportunity to have fun at our expense

People need to stop reacting like Maude Flanders

I think in the past we've been fairly upfront where the potential f/s sits on our talent order. The good news is we have the extra 3rd rounders next year to eat into in case a bid does come a touch early.
Unless bid comes in the second round (which sounds unlikely) which causes problems

Geelong players wouldn't be out on the p*ss. Not at their age.
Lines Coke GIF

I would argue differently as I recognise humour done well can help raise discussion of issues we usually keep private when talking about them is much better

But the main issue I have is its not suspension worthy no matter the odious nature of the dress up

Do I get upset because 3 Geelong players dressed up as goalposts and Keays or do I laugh at the whole situation created and recognise the AFL screwed up and Geelong took the opportunity to 1. Highlight it 2 Take the opportunity to have fun at our expense

People need to stop reacting like Maude Flanders
If you can’t understand the difference between dressing up as goal posts and taking the piss out of rape and a terrorist attack that killed thousands of people then I don’t want to debate this with you further,

If you can’t understand the difference between dressing up as goal posts and taking the piss out of rape and a terrorist attack that killed thousands of people then I don’t want to debate this with you further,
This is the point though

Humour allows people to talk about it. Now you are sitting in a corner crying and not only not discussing it but actively stopping people from discussing it

Why did the footballer dress as the Twin Towers?

Because after a few beers they will fall over

I'm not one for ultra offensive content, and definitely not advocating anything.

But I also find it incredibly uncomfortable that the AFL can hand out a judgement based on CCTV footage of a players only event in a private room. Seems unbelievably invasive and more should be made of how/why the AFL went looking for this footage in the first place.

Sounds like some pretty bad choices were made that night, but in the players defence, why would they assume the AFL getting CCTV footage of a private event as being even a possibility?

I don't think there is much to query there, outside of it falling in the broader trend of we clearly don't care for this draft after pick 4.

I kind of agree with the club as well. It's put up or shut up time for this iteration.
You're kidding right?
Then we must be just about the only club that don't rate this draft after pick 4 because every list manager and recruiter spoken to over the last month or so on Trade Radio and other media has said the opposite. I.E it's a quality draft that runs very deep.

The problem is you can't bring in quality proven players and retain your full array of draft picks along with the fact this is a very hard draft to secure picks from other clubs who obviously rate this draft.

List spots was the problem mostly.

The clubs failing has been re-contracting several players that it should have moved on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back