Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumor summary September 30
  • Cal Twomey confirms we are interested in James Peatling (link)
  • FiveAA claims we are after Scott Borlace, current Head of Development at Brisbane (link)
  • Claims of Rory Sloane heading to Melbourne Demons as a development coach, but maybe not before asking for a job at the Crows first?
  • Inside Trading suggests we are interested in Gold Coast's pick 12 (link)
  • Inside Trading also suggests Clayton Oliver is possibly back on the trade table, but doesn't link him to any specific clubs

Rumor summary October 1
  • We have offered Darcy Fogarty a five year contract extension early ahead of free agency (link)
  • We are attempting to lure Graham Wright to our football department (link)
  • Tom Morris claims the race for Peatling is down to GWS, Adelaide or a Victorian club (link)

Rumor summary October 2
  • Ricciuto claims we will announce a director of coaching this week (link)
  • GWS have upped their offer for Peatling to four years (link)
  • Twomey claims the Peatling decision is down to Adelaide, GWS and Western Bulldogs (link)
  • Graham Wright, who we are chasing as a head of football, is also being chased by Carlton for a CEO position (link)
  • Kymbo says the Peatling decision is down to Adelaide or GWS (link)
  • Poster claims Peatling has decided to stay in Sydney (link)
  • Poster claims our offer for Peatling is the best in terms of dollars by far (link)
  • We've landed Murray Davis from the Brisbane Lions as coaching director (link)

Rumor summary October 3

• Free agency lodgements for Cumming to Adelaide and Himmelberg to Gold Coast will go through tomorrow (link)
  • James Peatling has chosen Adelaide (link)

Last edited:
Dude just called 5AA says Luko will be a crow for f1 with f2 coming back. The caller could be full of shit too🤣🤣
Seriously if we give up a F1 for Luko we are f**ked.

He is worth a F2 given the state of play, its what his value was assessed a couple of months back and still holds true if anything its overs given the Suns salary cap constraints.

We'd better have a good year then, if he's worth our shot at Sharp, then Luko better perform
Thought. If we got an f2 back, could our guys work the oracle to try some of those 2nds into a late 1st this year. Dodson being the aim. Then at least we are taking a guy that could be anything this year and luko for the opportunity cost of a f1 next year?

He is worth a F2 given the state of play, its what his value was assessed a couple of months back and still holds true if anything its overs given the Suns salary cap constraints.
Gold Coasts biggest issue - well there are 2 in my mind - the dollars and the pushing out

We hold the cards

Thought. If we got an f2 back, could our guys work the oracle to try sone of those 2nds into a late 1st this year. Dodson being the aim. Then at least we are taking a guy that could be anything this year and luko for the opportunity cost of a f1 next year?
Our F1 is likely to be a Top 5 pick.

Nothing has convinced me otherwise with Nicks still in charge. A soft draw may give us a small chance to make the 8.

I bet our guys got spooked if this caller is on the money by port and wanted to make sure it was us. With an f1 on the table, GC are covered off from their end and a good contract covers luko off. I suspect if we did this, its a legacy cost as we have wanted him as a club since his draft year

Gold Coasts biggest issue - well there are 2 in my mind - the dollars and the pushing out

We hold the cards
Exactly.

Coach wants him out as he is surplus and from a salary cap perspective it gives them room to accommodate players that they need and want in their squad.

We hold the leverage. Taking on his contract should be part of the negotiation.

I bet our guys got spooked if this caller is on the money by port and wanted to make sure it was us. With an f1 on the table, GC are covered off from their end and a good contract covers luko off. I suspect if we did this, its a legacy cost as we have wanted him as a club since his draft year
We cover the Suns by taking on Luko's ridiculous overs contract.

Thought. If we got an f2 back, could our guys work the oracle to try some of those 2nds into a late 1st this year. Dodson being the aim. Then at least we are taking a guy that could be anything this year and luko for the opportunity cost of a f1 next year?
I like your idea of trying to get back a pick for Dodson. Do you think if we were to hold onto our current 2nd round pick (Cal T claimed it is going to Melb for ANB) Dodson would still be available? I know it is crystal ball stuff but just wondering what peoples thoughts are.

Also do people think Shane McAdam is =, <= or >= to ANB? Probably gives an indication of what might be fair for that trade?

It's a good summary of the Luko situation. A future first works as long as we think we can improve. We can't give up a top 4 pick for him this year or next.
So worth the risk? We will get a much easy draw compared to this year which ended up as the most hardest draw but then we have Nicks so likely just miss out on the 8 with Nicks sacked so is Lukosius worth pick 10?

I like your idea of trying to get back a pick for Dodson. Do you think if we were to hold onto our current 2nd round pick (Cal T claimed it is going to Melb for ANB) Dodson would still be available? I know it is crystal ball stuff but just wondering what peoples thoughts are.

Also do people think Shane McAdam is =, <= or >= to ANB? Probably gives an indication of what might be fair for that trade?
ANB is and always has been a better player.

We fleeced them big time, a rare moment of victory for JR

And my comment “why don’t they just get Buckley” was a sarcastic dig at a few on here who were keen on him as a replacement for sacking Nicks

I doubt Bucks coaches again - I certainly doubt it would be us or any non VIC club. Port connection being arguably the only thing that might turn his head

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Port is too small a program for him.

I think the historic value of Tasmania MIGHT be of interest, but I also think he maybe never coaches again.

Hell - why would you?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Suns can clearly keep him if they want to.

I'd rather F1 for Luko and 20. I'm fine with that

!00% If true sack Ried.
Oh, please. Stop with the histrionics.

The cost for Luko is something around 18 to 24. A F1 for him and a F2 is about right.

We'd all rather we got more for our players and got opposition players for less, but we should view it with independent eyes.

ANB is and always has been a better player.

We fleeced them big time, a rare moment of victory for JR
Why rare?

Fleeced them for pick upgrade last year. Fleeced them for Dawson. Most of his trades have been very good.

Wasn't there an article that said Reid is notorious for being a painfully difficult negotiator?

Last edited:

The cost for Luko is something around 18 to 24. A F1 for him and a F2 is about right.

We'd all rather we got more for our players and got opposition players for less, but we should view it with independent eyes.
Some people think it’s our right to go get 10 elite players from other clubs and pay F8 picks for them. Idiots!

If these people are so bored in life that they need to pretend to barrack for us to get off then all I can say is…what a waste of a life.

Thankfully likely to disappear once Power lose this weekend.
Honestly compiling lists and sending to the mods is pretty well up there with wasting one’s life.
Ignore and sail on with life!

Yep, pick 20 is much better for us as that may well be in dodson territory. Then if they want our pick 25 for ANB, play a bit of hardball and try 25 and 42 for ANB and F2. Just need to make sure we end up with some later picks for welsh...but hey, if an earlier bid came in, we wouldn't hold an f1 in the above scenario so it would just chew our f2 back a bit if we had to dip into next year to match

This is what I don't understand. Why wouldn't we have just offered 25 for Luko instead of NB?

Last edited:

I was thinking this today as well

F1 for Luko and could we be trying to get their 2024 pick 20, or worse case pick 26

This will open the door to draft the young SA ruckman who is predicted to be drafted mid to late 20s

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I was thinking this today as well

F1 for Luko and could we be trying to get their 2024 pick 20, or worse case pick 26

This will open the door to draft the young SA ruckman who is predicted to be drafted mid to late 20s

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Agreed, I think it’s a good idea. It’s time to do something different. Plenty of upside with Luko and he’s ready to prove himself. Future ruckman in. And if you add Cummings then it’s not as important to have that future first coming in next season either. Track record with firsts is always worth noting 🤣🤣🤣

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back