Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumor summary September 30
  • Cal Twomey confirms we are interested in James Peatling (link)
  • FiveAA claims we are after Scott Borlace, current Head of Development at Brisbane (link)
  • Claims of Rory Sloane heading to Melbourne Demons as a development coach, but maybe not before asking for a job at the Crows first?
  • Inside Trading suggests we are interested in Gold Coast's pick 12 (link)
  • Inside Trading also suggests Clayton Oliver is possibly back on the trade table, but doesn't link him to any specific clubs

Rumor summary October 1
  • We have offered Darcy Fogarty a five year contract extension early ahead of free agency (link)
  • We are attempting to lure Graham Wright to our football department (link)
  • Tom Morris claims the race for Peatling is down to GWS and Adelaide (link)

Last edited:
Caleb Windsor literally played as an outside mid this year
Did he ? .....difference between Windsor and Wilson, who both had great years .....was Windsor always turns inside to come back thru the corridor .....Wilson ran the outside lane in most games

Windsor's possessions far more damaging

My point was Mac Andrew was rated at #20 when I made the call ....Curtin was always rated top 3, so why would I nominate Curtin, when he wasn't a realistic chance in Aug / Sept

Apologies, when I said 'who did you want at 6?' I meant that as in, the draft has just played out, you're unhappy with us taking a forward at 6, who would you have preferred?

Not, who did you want in August.

We weren't even close to having the pick for Windsor, just to get the pick for Curtin who went the pick after we had to give up pick 11, 15 and our 2024 2nd rounder with 17 coming back (Charlie Edwards)
Hang-on ....you keep making the mistake of where players were finally taken in the Draft .....my calls were Sept, over 2 months out from the Draft ....Windsor was rated mid teens at that stage

I can't help it, if recruiters see similar traits to me

I thought the opposite. Perryman is moving for midfield opportunities. If he’s been promised more mid time it’s harder for Peatling to find a spot and also reduces the Magpies need to trade in another mid
He drips of the AFC arrogance that I hate.
I dont see him as arrogant in any way inc the 2 x Brissie presentations in recent yrs as Jenny mentioned.

But I am probably not convinced he is a high end footy strategy and execution guy like Noble was (and Chris Davies has been). The initial amateur mistake with the 'matching' Crouch salary threat probably did undermine peoples perception of him along with Adam having an admin background - not running footy departments

Did he ? .....difference between Windsor and Wilson, who both had great years .....was Windsor always turns inside to come back thru the corridor .....Wilson ran the outside lane in most games

Windsor's possessions far more damaging
Windsor didn’t have a single CBA this year. Looking to move the ball through the corridor isn’t what I’m talking about here

Not doubting he had a great year, but he’s certainly not a ‘grunt’ player, yet. He’d get destroyed in the trenches, as most first-year players would

Both Cook and Pedlar need to have the preseason of their lives.
It's human nature, if you have the desire ...to see all these new players come in, you start to feel a bit of trepidation

If that's not enough motivation for this PS ....well, they really never wanted an AFL career enough ......but I'm confident with Pedlar, hopeful with Cook

Last edited:
Confused by this previous posters confirming mids are lower risk and easy to draft but then effectively saying”KPP are easy to find”. Seems a little contrary to rational deduction.
Seems like you know earlier with mids. Even at 18 you get a pretty good gauge. Not perfect but better than with other player types

Whereas with talls it takes a bit longer to work out who the good ones are going to be

Then Sloane would be a fantastic replacement - spent a few hours with Bickley and found him an arrogant bloke who rated himself incredibly, Sloane would be a much better fit and has the Vic to SA angle covered.
Sorry, bit confused here. Sam Jacobs was doing the past player liaison thing, now Bickley is. Nothing to do with incoming recruits. But I agree with you, the Sloanes would definitely be assets for prospective recruits about life in Adelaide.

Windsor didn’t have a single CBA this year. Looking to move the ball through the corridor isn’t what I’m talking about here

Not doubting he had a great year, but he’s certainly not a ‘grunt’ player, yet. He’d get destroyed in the trenches, as most first-year players would
How many of his games did you watch ? ......wasn't about CBA's, it was Windsors on-field running patterns, and decision making with ball in hand

Did you honestly expect Windsor to have CBA's this year ......that would be highly optimistic

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are Paer supporters now hoping for a North windfall? Deciding who they are going to get with Pick #2?
Surely after the JHF fiasco, they are telling Port to absolutely get stuffed and offering a future 3rd at best.

Radio in Melbs announcing Perryman has selected Collingwood and Oliver is meeting with Geelong today.
Must be nice to be Geelong. Just get whoever you want and never worry about salary caps, or AFL investigations etc...

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back