Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumor summary September 30
  • Cal Twomey confirms we are interested in James Peatling (link)
  • FiveAA claims we are after Scott Borlace, current Head of Development at Brisbane (link)
  • Claims of Rory Sloane heading to Melbourne Demons as a development coach, but maybe not before asking for a job at the Crows first?
  • Inside Trading suggests we are interested in Gold Coast's pick 12 (link)
  • Inside Trading also suggests Clayton Oliver is possibly back on the trade table, but doesn't link him to any specific clubs

Rumor summary October 1
  • We have offered Darcy Fogarty a five year contract extension early ahead of free agency (link)
  • We are attempting to lure Graham Wright to our football department (link)
  • Tom Morris claims the race for Peatling is down to GWS, Adelaide or a Victorian club (link)

Last edited:
Rumor summary September 30
  • Cal Twomey confirms we are interested in James Peatling (link)
  • FiveAA claims we are after Scott Borlace, current Head of Development at Brisbane (link)
  • Claims of Rory Sloane heading to Melbourne Demons as a development coach, but maybe not before asking for a job at the Crows first?
  • Inside Trading suggests we are interested in Gold Coast's pick 12 (link)
  • Inside Trading also suggests Clayton Oliver is possibly back on the trade table, but doesn't link him to any specific clubs

Rumor summary October 1
  • We have offered Darcy Fogarty a five year contract extension early ahead of free agency (link)
  • We are attempting to lure Graham Wright to our football department (link)

Thank you for this!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I would've been all over this two years ago. Definitely not now, does 1-2 flashy things a season but, otherwise, is a very average ruckman, and not an upgrade on R.O.B. The fact that Essendon have re-signed geriatric Goldstein for another season says it all.

Disagree. Have known him personally for many, many years. Quality human being.
That’s good to hear as he was a South man - he must have been having a bad day or disliked being around Modra because that experience didn’t warm me to him. I still think that in 2024/25 the Sloanes would be a better fit in that role.

Don't get excited.

The AFL will absolutely tick off the trading of Powers future first if need be. As we know the AFL like to create rules and then just ignore them fully.

Power will argue that they have traded for a pick 1 in the previous years (JHF) and Luko is a former pick two also which again will argue that they have "used" first round picks.
Much as I hate to say it, given the AFL included an " exceptional circumstances " provision on the 2 first rounder rule then it's hard to see how the JHF trade wouldn't be approved under that provision. Or otherwise nothing would.

Much as I hate to say it, given the AFL included an " exceptional circumstances " provision on the 2 first rounder rule then it's hard to see how the JHF trade wouldn't be approved under that provision. Or otherwise nothing would.
Let them, much better they don't trade Houston and pay a F1 for Lukosius even if they get bit back. It wipes them out of this draft and the next without shipping a player of worth and that will hit them in the mid to longer term unless they can stave off a rebuild at some point with free agents and shrewd trades.

Let them, much better they don't trade Houston and pay a F1 for Lukosius even if they get bit back. It wipes them out of this draft and the next without shipping a player of worth and that will hit them in the mid to longer term unless they can stave off a rebuild at some point with free agents and shrewd trades.
Will also put a handbrake on trading in over the next few years unless they trade good players out, just puts off the inevitable for a year.

Oh well that's totally appropriate for the Geelong boys to get their headbands and blonde tips looking just right for game day.

I've never seen so many headbands.

Bailey Smith probably has selected himself given he will be a natural fit amongst them.

I can always infuriate the locals by suggesting the headband is a nod to tradition at Geelong. It's the strap from the "handbag".

Gotta have some fun when you live behind enemy lines...
Fight the good fight!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tom Morris believes Peatling either stays at GWS, or comes to the Crows

I've revised my 50/50 call to 70/30 in our favour to get Peatling
Cal Twomey very much with the same sentiment on Gettable too, I'm thinking we are offering the best deal.

Also looks similar to how Collingwood were late with their approach to Perryman, but can offer the best deal as they already know what other clubs have on the table.

Oh, Twomey and Beveridge also mentioned that clubs expect Peatling's decision within the next couple of days.

Hanneberry claiming Sam de Koning could be extracted from the Cats.

Not sure I'd trade Bailey Smith for him.

I would've been all over this two years ago. Definitely not now, does 1-2 flashy things a season but, otherwise, is a very average ruckman, and not an upgrade on R.O.B. The fact that Essendon have re-signed geriatric Goldstein for another season says it all.

Disagree.

Whilst he is not an improvement on ROB with regards to hit outs - he is a massive improvement on ROB with regards to general play (Contested Marks, Kicking, goals, etc).

And once more - who the hell gives two F*cks about hitouts. Out of the top 7 ruckman for hitouts in 2024 - 5 of them played for teams that didnt make the finals.

He would be a RFA so we wouldn't have to give up assets to get him, but would need to ensure its a heavily front loaded contract in 2026 (which we should have plenty of $$$ because one of the top 5 paid players at Adelaide - ROB - will be out of contract).

Cal Twomey very much with the same sentiment on Gettable too, I'm thinking we are offering the best deal.

Also looks similar to how Collingwood were late with their approach to Perryman, but can offer the best deal as they already know what other clubs have on the table.
IMO with GWS's elite midfield, Peatling may see more opportunities in the Midfield at ADEL

He only got the Mid minutes late in the season, due to injuries to Cogs and Kelly .....next year Callaghan will move from the wing into more midfield time ....will be Callaghans time to shine

Peatling wondering where he fits in .....IMO if he was staying, he would have signed already

IMO with GWS's elite midfield, Peatling may see more opportunities in the Midfield at ADEL

He only got the Mid minutes late in the season, due to injuries to Cogs and Kelly .....next year Callaghan will move from the wing into more midfield time ....will be Callaghans time to shine

Peatling wondering where he fits in .....IMO if he was staying, he would have signed already
I see Peatling rotating with Dawson inside and outside. One on the wing one in the centre at all times.

Disagree.

Whilst he is not an improvement on ROB with regards to hit outs - he is a massive improvement on ROB with regards to general play (Contested Marks, Kicking, goals, etc).

And once more - who the hell gives two F*cks about hitouts. Out of the top 7 ruckman for hitouts in 2024 - 5 of them played for teams that didnt make the finals.

He would be a RFA so we wouldn't have to give up assets to get him, but would need to ensure its a heavily front loaded contract in 2026 (which we should have plenty of $$$ because one of the top 5 paid players at Adelaide - ROB - will be out of contract).
He's barely an upgrade, lets be honest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back