Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumor summary September 30
  • Cal Twomey confirms we are interested in James Peatling (link)
  • FiveAA claims we are after Scott Borlace, current Head of Development at Brisbane (link)
  • Claims of Rory Sloane heading to Melbourne Demons as a development coach, but maybe not before asking for a job at the Crows first?
  • Inside Trading suggests we are interested in Gold Coast's pick 12 (link)
  • Inside Trading also suggests Clayton Oliver is possibly back on the trade table, but doesn't link him to any specific clubs

Rumor summary October 1
  • We have offered Darcy Fogarty a five year contract extension early ahead of free agency (link)
  • We are attempting to lure Graham Wright to our football department (link)
  • Tom Morris claims the race for Peatling is down to GWS, Adelaide or a Victorian club (link)

Rumor summary October 2
  • Ricciuto claims we will announce a director of coaching this week (link)
  • GWS have upped their offer for Peatling to four years (link)
  • Twomey claims the Peatling decision is down to Adelaide, GWS and Western Bulldogs (link)
  • Graham Wright, who we are chasing as a head of football, is also being chased by Carlton for a CEO position (link)
  • Kymbo says the Peatling decision is down to Adelaide or GWS (link)
  • Poster claims Peatling has decided to stay in Sydney (link)
  • Poster claims our offer for Peatling is the best in terms of dollars by far (link)
  • We've landed Murray Davis from the Brisbane Lions as coaching director (link)

Rumor summary October 3

• Free agency lodgements for Cumming to Adelaide and Himmelberg to Gold Coast will go through tomorrow (link)
  • Gettable claiming the Peatling decision is still between three clubs (link)

Last edited:
Yep people went off re Doedee and Soligo as hadn’t heard of them

Guilty myself re disappointed when we took Soligo , soon changed when I watched him play

Going to learn from that and see how this guy goes in the role , not even sure what the role involves yet
He could end up being the steal of that draft

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

This is what I'm hoping to see. I think that's the other key area where Nicks needs assistance.
Nicks needs what Carr is to Hinkley... someone to actually coach & take charge

No issue with Murray Davis, seems a good appointment, will be interesting to see what the role is.

What does the latest on Montgomery? Would be great to land him too.
Agree... healthy we are bolstering the football department for next season by bringing in people from successful clubs.

I know little about Davis, but no reason to be critical unless you have inside knowledge of his abilities.

We need someone like Montgomery too for the coaching group

Then a strong football person like Wright or Balme at a higher level.

Unsure if you are entering into the WW and Frog chat or giving us some news.

Will be on Gettable shortly if true

Player or Non-Player?

I'm hoping Graham Wright....

Is this a sarcastic jibe at Wayne or is it Peatling related?

Ah, I've replied to a message I thought I had quoted. I was catching someone in bs.

I can see how that was a poor choice of wording at this time of year.

Full disclosure: that didnt relate to any trade activity and even fuller disclosure I have zero 'contacts' in AFL clubs. I dont pretend to have bs info. (Noone on BF actually has any inside info do they?)

If Peatling does choose us I can scrub the first few paragraphs and claim it was all insider knowledge etc of course.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ideally

Pick 25 - Peatling
Pick 42 + F3 - ANB

Hope that the contract for Himmelberg to GC nets us band 5 compo and we can flip that into next year for a F3...fingers crossed
No compo for Berg as we have Cumming as a FA.

Compare their midfield to ours
Is Curtly Peatling going to get a midfield spot ahead of Dawson, Rankine, Rachele, Soligo, Crouch?

Do you want Peatling getting minutes ahead of younger midfield options in Taylor, Dowling and Edwards (plus pick 4)?

Are we now writing off the idea of Curtin being a midfielder?

Are Berry and Pedlar for the scrap heap now?

lol. I’ve posted about the 4 games 100 times to counter the 100 times you’ve talked positively about Nicks and tried to ignore you called him rogue bonkers.

And I disappear in the good times and wins? Care to actually back that up again? No, you can’t, so will you pull another Wayne and slink away?

I’m happy with ANB but said we shouldn’t give up pick 25 and sacrifice a potential long term player in a strong draft for short term gains that won’t help us win a flag.

I’ve posted about being happy to get Cumming and he’s a good get.

Happy about pick 4? Thats a win? Ignoring that’s “earnt” because of how shit we’ve been and it wouldn’t have been possible without our coach going rogue bonkers …… ;)

Structural changes? Which ones? The only structural changes is the assistant we’ve got from Brisbane to be our coaching director to fill a role we’ve struggled to fill. I’ve also said if he’s coming as an assistant I’m happy with that.

But tell me Wayne, for someone who bemoans the quality of opinions and posting on this board, what is it do you think you bring to the table? You get ridiculed for your opinions but it’s your hypocritical posting, your trolling, your outright bullshitting and your slinking away when exposed which makes you a joke and a flog.

It's a bit weird spruiking pick 4 as some kind of LM/Coaching 'win'. The better the pick the worse you performed across the season. Waynus lives in a totally world of delusion where we simultaneously performed extraordinarily well AND somehow managed to end up with pick 4. It's simply not living on the same planet that the rest of us inhabit.

so a bloke who couldn't regularly make gws' 22 is creating hype like he's cripps.

the sun afl media is good at its job, isn't it...
It’s a fair point, however there has been 7 clubs try and get his signature, so I think in this case we can assume his potential is higher than most regular subs/fringe players.

Quick look at James Peatling vs Sam Berry in games they had 40% or more CBA attendances.

View attachment 2130070
Pretty even across the board though Peatling seems a bit more well rounded in terms of where he gets his clearances from, but that may be a set-up reason too.
The areas where Peatling is better aren’t really determinable by stats. Better speed, cleanliness and decision making

Is Curtly Peatling going to get a midfield spot ahead of Dawson, Rankine, Rachele, Soligo, Crouch?

Do you want Peatling getting minutes ahead of younger midfield options in Taylor, Dowling and Edwards (plus pick 4)?

He'll be in the same side as a lot of those guys, its a bit of a poor argument youve made here.

If Dawson/Rankine/Soligo/Peatling/Crouch is our midfield rotation next year, I’ll be happy

Even better if say, a Taylor or Dowling pushes to overtake Crouch

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back