Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumor summary September 30
  • Cal Twomey confirms we are interested in James Peatling (link)
  • FiveAA claims we are after Scott Borlace, current Head of Development at Brisbane (link)
  • Claims of Rory Sloane heading to Melbourne Demons as a development coach, but maybe not before asking for a job at the Crows first?
  • Inside Trading suggests we are interested in Gold Coast's pick 12 (link)
  • Inside Trading also suggests Clayton Oliver is possibly back on the trade table, but doesn't link him to any specific clubs

Rumor summary October 1
  • We have offered Darcy Fogarty a five year contract extension early ahead of free agency (link)
  • We are attempting to lure Graham Wright to our football department (link)
  • Tom Morris claims the race for Peatling is down to GWS, Adelaide or a Victorian club (link)

Rumor summary October 2
  • Ricciuto claims we will announce a director of coaching this week (link)
  • GWS have upped their offer for Peatling to four years (link)
  • Twomey claims the Peatling decision is down to Adelaide, GWS and Western Bulldogs (link)
  • Graham Wright, who we are chasing as a head of football, is also being chased by Carlton for a CEO position (link)
  • Kymbo says the Peatling decision is down to Adelaide or GWS (link)
  • Poster claims Peatling has decided to stay in Sydney (link)
  • Poster claims our offer for Peatling is the best in terms of dollars by far (link)
  • We've landed Murray Davis from the Brisbane Lions as coaching director (link)

Rumor summary October 3

• Free agency lodgements for Cumming to Adelaide and Himmelberg to Gold Coast will go through tomorrow (link)
  • James Peatling has chosen Adelaide (link)

Last edited:
Cumming was, but Peatling definitely wasn't.
I 'm pretty sure Peatling played for the GWS Seniors in the then NEAFL in 2019 so I would think given Nicks was an assistant at the time surely they'd have more than crossed paths?

I have no idea, does the academy train with the squad?
He certainly played for GWS's Seniors side in the then NEAFL in 2019 so they would surely have crossed paths?

Edit* Just did some googling he played 13 games for GWS Senior side (NEAFL) in 2019

Jeffcrowe would know for sure.

Maybe I'm a bit slow on this one.
Rookie list up to five years now, depending on games played after the fourth year.

• Clubs will be able to retain rookies for up to a maximum of five years, up from the current three years. This is to help give clubs more time to develop key position and taller talents as well as players from different backgrounds. Stipulations will mean the player cannot have played more than 10 games at the end of his fourth or fifth season to retain rookie status.

I 'm pretty sure Peatling played for the GWS Seniors in the then NEAFL in 2019 so I would think given Nicks was an assistant at the time surely they'd have more than crossed paths?
Yes, LoBu mentioned that they could have interacted, as he was hanging around at the time post academy, even though he was yet to be drafted for the AFL team. Edit: Saw your comment re- 13 games so it is highly likely they crossed paths.

Yes, LoBu mentioned that they could have interacted, as he was hanging around at the time post academy, even though he was yet to be drafted for the AFL team.

Maybe I'm a bit slow on this one.
Rookie list up to five years now, depending on games played after the fourth year.

• Clubs will be able to retain rookies for up to a maximum of five years, up from the current three years. This is to help give clubs more time to develop key position and taller talents as well as players from different backgrounds. Stipulations will mean the player cannot have played more than 10 games at the end of his fourth or fifth season to retain rookie status.
You can have ANY player listed as a rookie for 3 years

If you wish to have rookies past the 3rd year they cannot have played anymore than 10 games

It becomes a 2 tier system

Essendon fire sale!

Looks like they’ll be stuck with “The Package” though. A distinct lack of interest from other clubs there.
Including ESS

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im confident we will tear apart those campaigners in the next Showdown, if we are at full strength.

#justiceforrankine
The video of rankine being sniped will surely be shown multiple times in the rooms leading up to the game

I think the challenge for this board is going to be that we have now had a LOT of good news, but there's not really the space for any more.

We've already gotten pretty much all we can get, and trade week hasn't even started yet ...
Only thing left of trade period, is the possibility of a fringe player on our list leaving for more opportunity, out of nowhere I reckon.

You can have ANY player listed as a rookie for 3 years

If you wish to have rookies past the 3rd year they cannot have played anymore than 10 games

It becomes a 2 tier system
As an example Strachan could get year 4 and 5 because he currently has only played 7 games

Saw someone comment on FB that Roo hinted at another player on one of his media segments? I'm not in SA so miss alot of this stuff. Did anyone heat this? May have been misheard.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back