Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumor summary September 30
  • Cal Twomey confirms we are interested in James Peatling (link)
  • FiveAA claims we are after Scott Borlace, current Head of Development at Brisbane (link)
  • Claims of Rory Sloane heading to Melbourne Demons as a development coach, but maybe not before asking for a job at the Crows first?
  • Inside Trading suggests we are interested in Gold Coast's pick 12 (link)
  • Inside Trading also suggests Clayton Oliver is possibly back on the trade table, but doesn't link him to any specific clubs

Rumor summary October 1
  • We have offered Darcy Fogarty a five year contract extension early ahead of free agency (link)
  • We are attempting to lure Graham Wright to our football department (link)
  • Tom Morris claims the race for Peatling is down to GWS, Adelaide or a Victorian club (link)

Rumor summary October 2
  • Ricciuto claims we will announce a director of coaching this week (link)
  • GWS have upped their offer for Peatling to four years (link)
  • Twomey claims the Peatling decision is down to Adelaide, GWS and Western Bulldogs (link)
  • Graham Wright, who we are chasing as a head of football, is also being chased by Carlton for a CEO position (link)
  • Kymbo says the Peatling decision is down to Adelaide or GWS (link)
  • Poster claims Peatling has decided to stay in Sydney (link)
  • Poster claims our offer for Peatling is the best in terms of dollars by far (link)
  • We've landed Murray Davis from the Brisbane Lions as coaching director (link)

Rumor summary October 3

• Free agency lodgements for Cumming to Adelaide and Himmelberg to Gold Coast will go through tomorrow (link)
  • James Peatling has chosen Adelaide (link)

Last edited:
I’d question how hard he worked against a tag. I remember Macca saying he found it difficult early but learned to work harder and take opponents where he didn’t think they wanted to go. Sloane just kept standing stationary at stoppages hoping things would go his way. He never took himself to a wing to gut run the tagger into oblivion. He just kept turning up to every stoppage and standing there.
He probably didn't have the athletic gifts guys like Macca and Goody had, or the brute force Roo had.

He was quite a handy overhead mark for his size, but Pyke never used him forward. We did have a pretty handy forwardline it must be said.

Yep people went off re Doedee and Soligo as hadn’t heard of them

Guilty myself re disappointed when we took Soligo , soon changed when I watched him play

Going to learn from that and see how this guy goes in the role , not even sure what the role involves yet

Cleric and Marty made a tonne of noise about doedee v Burton, but very were lone wolves.

Offer her a role with the Cows AFLW Team for next season.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com
Do long distance relationships work, even with the best intent at the start

I've checked it up, he's on the money with that call

Last edited:
At my age it means I've made a mistake on my budget sheet
Lindsay Lohan Lol GIF by MOODMAN

"In other changes, Michael Godden will have a greater emphasis on player and coach development, and Matthew Wright becomes SANFL Senior Coach while continuing to work with the Club’s emerging forwards."

It sounds like we were not able to hire someone into the role of the (still departing?) Marco Bello

Michael Godden, previously sacked coach, now developing other coaches? My goodness we’re trash.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The guy I get my goss from was in to my work today
Fist pump with the Cumming news was happy considering he’d been talking it up for over 12 months

I asked if knew anything more ,said wasn’t sure on Peatling but not shocked if we got him ✅

He’s involved with alot of junior SANFL development too and I asked about Draper , said Port are pushing Houston out they want to get into the draft and get Sid Draper if possible
Pretty adamant we’d take him at 4 if available, will focus on local talent this year trying to get Dodson if possible

Reckons we’ll go balls deep for NWM (next year) the 2 year in advance future picks came at the right time

Fist pump with the Cumming news was happy considering he’d been talking it up for over 12 months

I asked if knew anything more ,said wasn’t sure on Peatling but not shocked if we got him ✅

He’s involved with alot of junior SANFL development too and I asked about Draper , said Port are pushing Houston out they want to get into the draft and get Sid Draper if possible
Pretty adamant we’d take him at 4 if available, will focus on local talent this year trying to get Dodson if possible

Reckons we’ll go balls deep for NWM (next year) the 2 year in advance future picks came at the right time
Yeah going hard at NWM next year should be a priority, and if we can’t land him then Phillipou in 2026 needs to be the focus

We’ll be adding to the depth of our 22 this year, so now for the next few years we need to focus on landing A or A+ players

I think the challenge for this board is going to be that we have now had a LOT of good news, but there's not really the space for any more.

We've already gotten pretty much all we can get, and trade week hasn't even started yet ...

I reckon there have been better challenges made around here in the last little bit.

You seen any by chance?

Yeah going hard at NWM next year should be a priority, and if we can’t land him then Phillipou in 2026 needs to be the focus

We’ll be adding to the depth of our 22 this year, so now for the next few years we need to focus on landing A or A+ players
Only worry is Stk are cashed up with Battle $$
If they fail again next year pretty decent chance Nas comes back
The news they are chasing Leek Aleer is good as they’ll suck up salary there

Only worry is Stk are cashed up with Battle $$
If they fail again next year pretty decent chance Nas comes back
The news they are chasing Leek Aleer is good as they’ll suck up salary there
Ultimately it might depend on the want to come home. I’d imagine Saints would match the Crows’ biggest offer, and vice versa (so similar money would be offered)

Ken comparing himself to Fagan is hilarious. He's four years advanced of Fagan, who has made two Grand Finals including a Flag, and six consecutive years of Top 6 finishes. Port fans will be blowing up hearing that.

Keep working hardery for longery, Ken.

To be fair, the lions have a better list

Really interesting the power being into Sid .. does this mean they've accepted Butters is heading home?

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back