Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumor summary September 30
  • Cal Twomey confirms we are interested in James Peatling (link)
  • FiveAA claims we are after Scott Borlace, current Head of Development at Brisbane (link)
  • Claims of Rory Sloane heading to Melbourne Demons as a development coach, but maybe not before asking for a job at the Crows first?
  • Inside Trading suggests we are interested in Gold Coast's pick 12 (link)
  • Inside Trading also suggests Clayton Oliver is possibly back on the trade table, but doesn't link him to any specific clubs

Rumor summary October 1
  • We have offered Darcy Fogarty a five year contract extension early ahead of free agency (link)
  • We are attempting to lure Graham Wright to our football department (link)
  • Tom Morris claims the race for Peatling is down to GWS, Adelaide or a Victorian club (link)

Rumor summary October 2
  • Ricciuto claims we will announce a director of coaching this week (link)
  • GWS have upped their offer for Peatling to four years (link)
  • Twomey claims the Peatling decision is down to Adelaide, GWS and Western Bulldogs (link)
  • Graham Wright, who we are chasing as a head of football, is also being chased by Carlton for a CEO position (link)
  • Kymbo says the Peatling decision is down to Adelaide or GWS (link)
  • Poster claims Peatling has decided to stay in Sydney (link)
  • Poster claims our offer for Peatling is the best in terms of dollars by far (link)
  • We've landed Murray Davis from the Brisbane Lions as coaching director (link)

Rumor summary October 3

• Free agency lodgements for Cumming to Adelaide and Himmelberg to Gold Coast will go through tomorrow (link)
  • James Peatling has chosen Adelaide (link)

Last edited:

The hornet , butters, rozee and Houston are elite

Wines, drew, Bergman and Burgoyne are jets

Rioli if he is allowed off the leash

Sweet came on

Rest of the team is autofilled and they made a prelim…

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
If you listen to Power fans themselves they broadly say:

Rozee is not elite. He is pretty and soft, regressed playing wise, the worst captain they have ever had (and should be immediately replaced) and failed in every final with only one exception. Should stick to jewellery.

Butters - seems his playing style gets found out in finals. Rarely had a big game come September

Wines is certainly not “a jet”. Fails most finals. 31 next year

Burgoyne was detested on the power board by many before one good finals game. Very slight and soft. Jury out

Agree JHF and Houston are jets. Pity one is about to leave the club.

Allir also good but 31 next year. Rioli can be good turning 30. Marshall has shown potential but unfortunately clouded future prospects.

Georgiades and Bergman are the 2 I think can move to A graders along with JHF and Butters during the minor round.

Port are not a strong side. Weak overall squad, over reliant on a few players. They went further in the finals than they should have.
I think they are poorly coached.

Very good list, that needs to use it's resources better.

Ken is stale and mouldy and needs to be replaced.

Crows supporters say Paer's list is top heavy with a poor bottom-end ... how's our glasshouse????

Rozee is not elite. He is pretty and soft, regressed playing wise, the worst captain they have ever had (and should be immediately replaced) and failed in every final with only one exception. Should stick to jewellery.
Have they forgotten Cassisi already?

Anyone want to speculate any more trades or plans we might have up the sleeve? A close to ready ruckman would be elite. Fantastic we have kept all our first round picks still for this and next year.
I saw an article suggesting Preuss was keen to play on, believe he thought he would need to do it via the VFL meaning there's likely zero interest from other clubs.

But would be very happy to delist Strachan, pick Preuss up for nothing and then hopefully draft a ruck to develop.

That said, list positions are too tight for this to happen I think.

Butters - seems his playing style gets found out in finals. Rarely had a big game come September

Burgoyne was detested on the power board by many before one good finals game. Very slight and soft. Jury out

Allir also good but 31 next year. Rioli can be good turning 30. Marshall has shown potential but unfortunately clouded future prospects.

Georgiades and Bergman are the 2 I think can move to A graders along with JHF and Butters during the minor round.

😃

You always write crud like this besmirching their obviously talented top end players and then are a happy clapper for when we do the most minor trade deals bringing in fringe talents, gotta love it!

Oliver will be at Geelong.

It's round 2 of Melbourne threatening to trade him so he falls in line and behaves, and so they appear to be doing something about their culture

I don't think they have any serious intention of trading him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rozee was a gun. Port ruined him. He should have been in Crows colours. When they drafted him, I was devastated. Still think he improves (under a better coach).

It's round 2 of Melbourne threatening to trade him so he falls in line and behaves, and so they appear to be doing something about their culture

I don't think they have any serious intention of trading him
It sounds like its already getting nibbed in the bud.

I think they would have happily traded him to a team like the Crows this year. Where the price (both in trade and salary off their books) would have been dramatically better then what the Cats would inevitable offer. But as soon as it went to the place where trade currency goes to die (i.e. the Cattery), they immediately shut it down!

TBH its a probably a good thing. Hopefully more teams start to refuse to deal with Geelong.

It's usually around now that a few mid tier players around the league come out of the woodwork and say they are open to a trade.

I wonder if anyone from our list might fall into that category. With 3 x best 22 players + a pick 4 coming in I could see a player like Chayce Jones or Harry Schoenberg start to see the writing on the wall. Maybe even a senior player like Milera.

None of which would be remotely locks anymore.

ok. my view as a captain he lacks the ruthless hardness needed for a captain. both from a demanding players excellence perspective (from Power posters here - I have no direct knowledge - as he is too 'nice' many say) and certainly the physical side.

He is very lightly framed and doesnt put his body on the line or head over the ball in key moments of big games (finals). Port Adelaide has an exceptional history of hard captains which I have followed since the late 70's. Ebert, Johnson, Giniver, Primus, Treadrea sorts. Rozee is a very poor, actually piss poor, comparison to these guys from a physical side of things.

Has failed in virtually every final including multiple acts of softness. Will be replaced within a couple of years by JHF IMO

Last edited:
Rozee was a gun. Port ruined him. He should have been in Crows colours. When they drafted him, I was devastated. Still think he improves (under a better coach).
Rozee is not a full time mid to my eye. He would be far better used across their half forward line pinch hitting in the middle if they got another top end mid to come in. Enter 2024 draft. Across half forward he becomes very dangerous and knows where the goals are. Rioli, Georgiades, Lukosius and Rozee up forward will have a pretty dynamic look to it for them

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back