Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumor summary September 30
  • Cal Twomey confirms we are interested in James Peatling (link)
  • FiveAA claims we are after Scott Borlace, current Head of Development at Brisbane (link)
  • Claims of Rory Sloane heading to Melbourne Demons as a development coach, but maybe not before asking for a job at the Crows first?
  • Inside Trading suggests we are interested in Gold Coast's pick 12 (link)
  • Inside Trading also suggests Clayton Oliver is possibly back on the trade table, but doesn't link him to any specific clubs

Rumor summary October 1
  • We have offered Darcy Fogarty a five year contract extension early ahead of free agency (link)
  • We are attempting to lure Graham Wright to our football department (link)
  • Tom Morris claims the race for Peatling is down to GWS, Adelaide or a Victorian club (link)

Rumor summary October 2
  • Ricciuto claims we will announce a director of coaching this week (link)
  • GWS have upped their offer for Peatling to four years (link)
  • Twomey claims the Peatling decision is down to Adelaide, GWS and Western Bulldogs (link)
  • Graham Wright, who we are chasing as a head of football, is also being chased by Carlton for a CEO position (link)
  • Kymbo says the Peatling decision is down to Adelaide or GWS (link)
  • Poster claims Peatling has decided to stay in Sydney (link)
  • Poster claims our offer for Peatling is the best in terms of dollars by far (link)
  • We've landed Murray Davis from the Brisbane Lions as coaching director (link)

Rumor summary October 3

• Free agency lodgements for Cumming to Adelaide and Himmelberg to Gold Coast will go through tomorrow (link)
  • James Peatling has chosen Adelaide (link)

Rumor summary October 4
  • Gettable claiming pick 25 for Neal-Bullen and a future 2nd for Peatling (link)

Last edited:
Fallen away?

Don't think he was ever in any serious draft discussions after not making any of the State representation squads let alone teams coming through...especially with the depth in this draft in the medium defender types.
Could he be one we add to our SANFL squad under the new rules? Provided they see anything in him worth picking up.

I would be trading it... we always burn quality picks so why not trade it? i would have put that on the table to a club to get a ready-made AGrade midfielder aged between 24-26
If there was a player of that description available then I would weigh it up. But as there doesn't seem to be, then the pick is quarantined.

I'm definately not keen on splitting it

Could he be one we add to our SANFL squad under the new rules? Provided they see anything in him worth picking up.
Possibly but I see bringing in a developing young ruck would seem way more of a need now I can't see how we can trade or draft one given our draft collateral and list spots situation.

Our drafting records for second rounders is pretty crap for that 20-30 range.
Worrell the standout and too early on 2023.

2018 - Hamill
2019 - Schoenberg, Worrell
2020 - Berry
2021 -
2022 -
2023 - Edwards, Ryan

I've said this many times before but the industry average for picks 20 to 40 are only around 1 in 3 chance of making 100 games or more. So out of 6 players taken in that range, we might expect around 2 to be a success on average.

Ok peeps, if Richmond take Lalor at 1, North take FOS at 2, WCE take Draper at 3, are we happy with Smith at 4? or is that when out crew look to get creative with our pick
I’m fine with any of those four. If I had to put them in order (for us), I’d go:

1: Lalor
2: Draper
3: Smith
4: FOS

But ultimately I don’t think there’s a big gap between any of them

Ok peeps, if Richmond take Lalor at 1, North take FOS at 2, WCE take Draper at 3, are we happy with Smith at 4? or is that when out crew look to get creative with our pick
Would be a shame if that’s what happens as they’re three I like for us most. How keen would Tigers be on grabbing Jagga Smith? In that scenario, I’d consider turning pick 4 into 6 and a later first, and turning that into, say, Travaglia/Langford and Berry.

He had to play a lot of school footy and had a couple of injuries. Looked pretty good when he did play under 18’s. He’s probably a year behind his brother at the same time, hence why it might be worth convincing him to not nominate and bring him into our SANFL team like we did with Welsh.
He did play 13 SANFL U18's games this year and 12 as an underager so he's had plenty of exposure and I'd be certain we'd have monitored his school footy given his F/S status.

With Himmelberg gone, without burgess who will be back up for thilthorpe role/ second ruck?
Based on team selections this year... Borlase.

Borlase was awful in the role, but was still preferred to Burgess. No reason to think they wouldn't take the same option in 2025.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With gws getting pick 16 for Perryman they should be trying to get that worked into the Peatling trade as our pick 25 is already out to pick 27

If Draper is gone, then I'm happy with Smith or Langford but does Smith want to leave Vic?

Does North really want another midfielder? I reckon pick 2 is up for grabs by a club desperate for whoever Richmond doesn't pick.

It'll come down to West Coast who do they want to pair Reid with, Smith another Vic lad or Draper less flight risk

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back