Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumor summary September 30
  • Cal Twomey confirms we are interested in James Peatling (link)
  • FiveAA claims we are after Scott Borlace, current Head of Development at Brisbane (link)
  • Claims of Rory Sloane heading to Melbourne Demons as a development coach, but maybe not before asking for a job at the Crows first?
  • Inside Trading suggests we are interested in Gold Coast's pick 12 (link)
  • Inside Trading also suggests Clayton Oliver is possibly back on the trade table, but doesn't link him to any specific clubs

Rumor summary October 1
  • We have offered Darcy Fogarty a five year contract extension early ahead of free agency (link)
  • We are attempting to lure Graham Wright to our football department (link)
  • Tom Morris claims the race for Peatling is down to GWS, Adelaide or a Victorian club (link)

Rumor summary October 2
  • Ricciuto claims we will announce a director of coaching this week (link)
  • GWS have upped their offer for Peatling to four years (link)
  • Twomey claims the Peatling decision is down to Adelaide, GWS and Western Bulldogs (link)
  • Graham Wright, who we are chasing as a head of football, is also being chased by Carlton for a CEO position (link)
  • Kymbo says the Peatling decision is down to Adelaide or GWS (link)
  • Poster claims Peatling has decided to stay in Sydney (link)
  • Poster claims our offer for Peatling is the best in terms of dollars by far (link)
  • We've landed Murray Davis from the Brisbane Lions as coaching director (link)

Rumor summary October 3

• Free agency lodgements for Cumming to Adelaide and Himmelberg to Gold Coast will go through tomorrow (link)
  • James Peatling has chosen Adelaide (link)

Rumor summary October 4 and 5
  • Gettable claiming pick 25 for Neal-Bullen and a future 2nd for Peatling (link)

Rumor summary October 6
  • Tom Morris claims we are open to splitting pick 4 (link)

Last edited:
Could you explain/justify this in “how he performs at AFL level in 2024” terms, rather than “where he finished in the B&F” terms?

Using coaches performance rating as a counter to argument what's effectively criticising coaches decision making is a bold strategy.

Last edited:
I was watching his highlights from earlier in his career. The 100 games highlight package he was a completely different player to today - he played with desperation.

These days he's just going through the motions, grumpily and doing the bare minimum, like a public servant counting down the days until retirement.

He'd be annoyed that he's having to put in to hold his spot well before his contract year. Poor bloke.

I think Rachele needs a bit more love. Great result for him in the b&f last night which is backdd up bu his stats and for those who say he doesnt go hard - well the stats just dont back up that view.

Above average FOR

ground ball gets
I50s
%1s
contested possessions
centre clearances
stoppage clearances
marks
goals
goal assists
score involvements

got very few CBAs. this is a remarkable season for a third year small forward of indeed any small forward. lets get behind him cos there lots of haters based on one of two incidents not the whole year.

I think Rachele needs a bit more love. Great result for him in the b&f last night which is backdd up bu his stats and for those who say he doesnt go hard - well the stats just dont back up that view.

Above average FOR

ground ball gets
I50s
%1s
contested possessions
centre clearances
stoppage clearances
marks
goals
goal assists
score involvements

got very few CBAs. this is a remarkable season for a third year small forward of indeed any small forward. lets get behind him cos there lots of haters based on one of two incidents not the whole year.
Don't have any problems with rachele. All I've seen is nicks, dawson etc acting like dickheads over how he celebrates goals and banter in the media.

How does anyone actually get banned?
Can’t you just sign up again with a different name?
I started here as dude001
I was thinking the same but I suspect some of these aliases are him. but perhaps the pure punishment of not being able to post as "sanders" is considered punishment enough

why some posters ask to bring him back is beyond me.

Not really any new information from fox sports

CROWS RECRUITS’ VALUE REVEALED

Adelaide will reportedly part ways with second round picks in the national draft this year and next to land Melbourne’s Alex Neal-Bullen and GWS’ James Peatling.

AFL Media’s Callum Twomey has revealed that the Crows’ pick 28 for this year looks likely to be sent the way of Melbourne for the departing Neal-Bullen, who is returning to his home state for family reasons.

Such is the seeming simplicity of the deal, Twomey added it could be one of the first deals done once the trade period begins on Monday morning.

With their only second-round pick of this draft now all but certainly attached to the Demons gun, the Crows will likely need to look to the future to rope James Peatling out of western Sydney and into West Lakes.

Their 2025 second-round pick looks a more appropriate price to pay then using one of picks 45 and 63 in this year’s draft.

If successful, Peatling would join former Giants teammate Isaac Cumming in Adelaide - who successfully moved as a free agent to the club on Friday.

Twomey reports that Peatling will be on a four-year deal at the Crows, an offer much greater than most clubs in the race for the 2021 mid-season draftee.

Not really any new information from fox sports

CROWS RECRUITS’ VALUE REVEALED

Adelaide will reportedly part ways with second round picks in the national draft this year and next to land Melbourne’s Alex Neal-Bullen and GWS’ James Peatling.

AFL Media’s Callum Twomey has revealed that the Crows’ pick 28 for this year looks likely to be sent the way of Melbourne for the departing Neal-Bullen, who is returning to his home state for family reasons.

Such is the seeming simplicity of the deal, Twomey added it could be one of the first deals done once the trade period begins on Monday morning.

With their only second-round pick of this draft now all but certainly attached to the Demons gun, the Crows will likely need to look to the future to rope James Peatling out of western Sydney and into West Lakes.

Their 2025 second-round pick looks a more appropriate price to pay then using one of picks 45 and 63 in this year’s draft.

If successful, Peatling would join former Giants teammate Isaac Cumming in Adelaide - who successfully moved as a free agent to the club on Friday.

Twomey reports that Peatling will be on a four-year deal at the Crows, an offer much greater than most clubs in the race for the 2021 mid-season draftee.

Still think 28 is way overs.

I'd prefer to see Berry develop over playing Crouch. Berry tackles more, kicks more and puts defenders under more pressure because he runs forward out of contests. His base numbers are a bit low, but need to factor 56% TOG into that. Still needs to get it a bit more, but replacing 30 from Crouch with 25 from Berry would be an overall positive.
Crouch is currently a much better player than Berry.

However, we should be looking to rest him during the year & use Berry as his replacement.

I would prefer we get more games into Taylor though as imo will be a better player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still think 28 is way overs.
Agree, so we should be getting back a later pick from the Dees which covers us for Welsh points & we can trade on the night if we don't use.

Crouch is currently a much better player than Berry.

However, we should be looking to rest him during the year & use Berry as his replacement.

I would prefer we get more games into Taylor though as imo will be a better player.
I’m using Edwards and Dowling in the midfield ahead of Berry, too

And he was Crow Mo and lord knows how many others in past lives!
Only aware of the 3 usernames.

Was originally Cromosone, then CroMo, then Sanders.

Watch out for a new user called Ronald McDonald... as sure he will be back under an alias.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back