Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumor summary September 30
  • Cal Twomey confirms we are interested in James Peatling (link)
  • FiveAA claims we are after Scott Borlace, current Head of Development at Brisbane (link)
  • Claims of Rory Sloane heading to Melbourne Demons as a development coach, but maybe not before asking for a job at the Crows first?
  • Inside Trading suggests we are interested in Gold Coast's pick 12 (link)
  • Inside Trading also suggests Clayton Oliver is possibly back on the trade table, but doesn't link him to any specific clubs

Rumor summary October 1
  • We have offered Darcy Fogarty a five year contract extension early ahead of free agency (link)
  • We are attempting to lure Graham Wright to our football department (link)
  • Tom Morris claims the race for Peatling is down to GWS, Adelaide or a Victorian club (link)

Rumor summary October 2
  • Ricciuto claims we will announce a director of coaching this week (link)
  • GWS have upped their offer for Peatling to four years (link)
  • Twomey claims the Peatling decision is down to Adelaide, GWS and Western Bulldogs (link)
  • Graham Wright, who we are chasing as a head of football, is also being chased by Carlton for a CEO position (link)
  • Kymbo says the Peatling decision is down to Adelaide or GWS (link)
  • Poster claims Peatling has decided to stay in Sydney (link)
  • Poster claims our offer for Peatling is the best in terms of dollars by far (link)
  • We've landed Murray Davis from the Brisbane Lions as coaching director (link)

Rumor summary October 3

• Free agency lodgements for Cumming to Adelaide and Himmelberg to Gold Coast will go through tomorrow (link)
  • James Peatling has chosen Adelaide (link)

Rumor summary October 4 and 5
  • Gettable claiming pick 25 for Neal-Bullen and a future 2nd for Peatling (link)

Rumor summary October 6
  • Tom Morris claims we are open to splitting pick 4 (link)

Last edited:
Future second would be fine, even without anything coming back. But we've been known to downgrade for gain if we don't see a large variance between a few players available at our pick. I think we still have 1 list spot as long as we move an extra player to rookie list. Depending on their draft order, they might look at 6 and something that could get Dodson appetising. Or like previous post, a future first with 6 to better replace one of the exits next year. Depends on the whether there's a few players we rate similarly on our order at 4 and just beyond.
Personally i wouldnt

im happy with any one of lalor, jagga, draper, FOS in that order

after that Im less certain the pick will play most games next year and i think we need the pick to play

you twist yourself in knots trying to prove what you spin. we are trading for ANB. its done. finished. let it go. peace ☮️

I'm not tied in knots, you said we didn't have a spot available, so might as well burn it on ANB. Of course this is stupidity because if Demons refused a lower offer, the spot wouldn't be taken by ANB, so we could use it draft instead. It's you making up incorrect facts to try and make it seem like we must use 25 on ANB.

I'm not tied in knots, you said we didn't have a spot available, so might as well burn it on ANB. Of course this is stupidity because if Demons refused a lower offer, the spot wouldn't be taken by ANB, so we could use it draft instead. It's you making up incorrect facts to try and make it seem like we must use 25 on ANB.
It’s a fair enough point if you don’t see bringing in ANB as important. For me, it’s a very beneficial get as if not only (hopefully) eradicates Murphy from the first selected 22, but gives us three or four years to find a replacement for that role without having a complete weak link in that half-forward spot

Ultimately I’m fine with it if it’s F2 for Peatling and 28 for ANB, as I think it’d be fair value if the picks were switched

cant you see that getting murphy out of the team is one of the most important changes and ANB does that. it he still plays then I give up but i dont think he will

cant you see that getting murphy out of the team is one of the most important changes and ANB does that. it he still plays then I give up but i dont think he will
Unfortunately it's more likely he pushes Taylor or Dowling out of the side. Our coaches will want to load up on experience.

Unfortunately it's more likely he pushes Taylor or Dowling out of the side. Our coaches will want to load up on experience.
I dont have taylor or dowling best 22 anyway and murphy aint top 30. we will finally have some depth next year barring many injuries. The issue is still only two bonafide A graders and three to four potential A graders.

I think there might be more scrutiny on selection this year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol, has he missed all our club officials saying we are taking #4 to the draft.

We don't have spots for another pick either.

What a numpty!

Yes and no, we have to take a minimum of three picks in the draft.

so we will have to delist or trade a contracted player regardless of whether we split pick 4

so we will have to delist or trade a contracted player regardless of whether we split pick 4
Upgrading a rookie counts as a pick for that purpose, so no, we won't have to do that. At this stage, based on what the club's been saying, it's much more likely that we'll take 2 players in the draft and probably upgrade Keane. Even though I think it's probably a reasonable idea to pay out a Schoenberg.

Aren’t we currently on 35 main/3 Rookie A list players (Borlace, Keane & Toby M) - hence have we currently have 3 main list and 3 RL vacancies. ANB and Peatling trades will make us 37/3.

Hence will need to delist 2 contracted players on the promise of re-Rookie listing them (but it would be better if someone else picked them up) to have the 3 compulsory draft vacancies. Best bets for downgrade are Burgess, Schoenberg, Strachan & Smith all of whom are out of contract in 2025.

Hence we can potentially have 3 picks (Pick 4, ???, Welsh) in the main draft and 1 rookie/SSP pick.

The same clogged-list shitshow will occur again next year as several potential delistings (Laird, Jones, Scholl, Cook, Pedlar, etc) are all contracted for 2026.

Upgrading a rookie counts as a pick for that purpose, so no, we won't have to do that. At this stage, based on what the club's been saying, it's much more likely that we'll take 2 players in the draft and probably upgrade Keane. Even though I think it's probably a reasonable idea to pay out a Schoenberg.

Yes, we do.

If we want to upgrade a rookie we still need to move someone else from the main list to the rookie list.

Which means delisted someone (probably Burgess) and re-drafting them

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back