Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I've deleted confirmed information

Rumor summary September 30
  • FiveAA claims we are after Scott Borlace, current Head of Development at Brisbane (link)
  • Claims of Rory Sloane heading to Melbourne Demons as a development coach, but maybe not before asking for a job at the Crows first?
  • Inside Trading suggests we are interested in Gold Coast's pick 12 (link)
  • Inside Trading also suggests Clayton Oliver is possibly back on the trade table, but doesn't link him to any specific clubs

Rumor summary October 1
  • We have offered Darcy Fogarty a five year contract extension early ahead of free agency (link)
  • We are attempting to lure Graham Wright to our football department (link)

Rumor summary October 2-3
  • Graham Wright, who we are chasing as a head of football, is also being chased by Carlton for a CEO position (link)

Rumor summary October 4-5
  • Gettable claiming pick 25 for Neal-Bullen and a future 2nd for Peatling (link)

Rumor summary October 6
  • Tom Morris claims we are open to splitting pick 4 (link)

Rumor summary October 7
  • No new rumors, although Justin Reid confirmed we'll use pick 28 on Neal-Bullen

Last edited:
Tex important for CumminG. CumminG important for Peatling. Pick 4 for draft

Peatling likely future pick effectively but will also “see what other clubs are doing”

Talked up ANB

All totally predictable

Trade radio host - Beveridge? - bringing up “history” between both GWS and us inc the non trade of Hately. He wouldn’t be surprised to see it go “right down to the wire”. Shit stirring

Reports this morning saying we will part with 28 for ANB and that it is expected to be one of the first deals done.

Is it just me or is that spineless and pathetic from us?

ANB is a solid player (not elite), he's moving home for family reasons, has the blessing of Melbounre to do so, and has nominated one single club.
No-one pays full price in those circumstances, yet we can't wait to do so? Why? A 3rd rounder would be fair.
Pick 28 for ANB is spot on. Its not pathetic

ANB is 29 before our season starts. What is the likelihood that he plays in a premiership squad let alone a finals team. Pick 28 could be anything, could work something to trade up for Dodson. Everyone raves on about trading in a ruck, if it's that easy why haven't we done it already....

It really should be F2 for ANB and 28 for Peatling.

As long as they already have an agreement for F2 for Peatling with GWS then who cares. Doesn’t bother me which team gets overs/unders if it ends up being the same outcome.

What I would hate it see is we push this through day 1, then GWS play hard ball and we have to something stupid like split our F1.

Reports this morning saying we will part with 28 for ANB and that it is expected to be one of the first deals done.

Is it just me or is that spineless and pathetic from us?

ANB is a solid player (not elite), he's moving home for family reasons, has the blessing of Melbounre to do so, and has nominated one single club.
No-one pays full price in those circumstances, yet we can't wait to do so? Why? A 3rd rounder would be fair.
I think its worth remembering how much of an echo chamber this place can be. Everyone I know thinks 28 is about right, all the journos think 28 is about right. It just seems like another thing for the negativity merchants with agendas to lock into in an off season where we're doing well. He's a premiership player who came third in their bnf ffs.

ANB is 29 before our season starts. What is the likelihood that he plays in a premiership squad let alone a finals team. Pick 28 could be anything, could work something to trade up for Dodson. Everyone raves on about trading in a ruck, if it's that easy why haven't we done it already....
Yes exactly, pick 28 could be anything and could be a dud. We are bringing in a guaranteed best 18 player. Things can turn incredibly fast and there is a possibility ANB could be apart of our next premiership team

You really believe ANB and Murphy will both play round one? (Assuming not injuries to multiple other small forwards like Keays, Rachele etc)?

Happy to bookmark but surely ANB replaces Murphy here

Neither Dowling or Taylor were able to dislodge Murphy during the season, what makes you think they'll be ahead of him starting 2025? They're likely the first 2 out from final round 23 to make way for Peatling and ANB. Getting Cumming into the 23 would put Jones and Bond next at risk. Pick 4 probably should find a way into the side too.

Definitely. Himmelberg was clearly the best player we had for that backup role. Unfortunately, he's gone now.

Of the options remaining, Borlase was preferred over Burgess.
Ok so Reid was just asked if we would be looking to replace Himmelberg and he said Murray in the mid season draft was the replacement.

Lots of hard work this pre season for Murray to meet that opportunity, I'd think.

Crows being analysed on Trade Radio now (to be continued after the ads..). Cooney and someone else. Not overly insightful but Cooney thinks making finals AND winning a final is a pass mark for 2025
I also think this should be a goal for next year.

Not doing so would be a sackin

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collingwood had a two year deal offer to Berry

Even with Pearling signing we are not blessed with midfield depth - one or two injuries and we are exposed

The decision to sign Berry makes sense.

The decision to have a games trigger clause in Smith’s contract, or any contract is a complete **** up, especially with a player like Smith who is never going to be a flight risk

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

You really don't think we have enough mids? Primary 4 are Dawson, Crouch, Soligo and Rankine. Then we have Rachele, Dowling, Edwards, Pedlar, Taylor & Curtin who we should be trying to get minutes into. Then there's Schoey in the last chance saloon, Keays who can still play there and Laird if we're really struggling for numbers. Plus pick 4.

So if we get pick 48 back it’s not way overs 😂
Absolutely. Getting 48 would make a huge difference. We could then bundle picks to get Brisbanes F2, which they need for points, and we would then have 2 F2’s which would allow us to give one for Peatling and still be able to use our F1 this year.

Meekly rolling over and giving up a prime pick for a guy that to me plays the same position as Pedlar, who we gave a top 10 pick for, is very disappointing.

Ok so Reid was just asked if we would be looking to replace Himmelberg and he said Murray in the mid season draft was the replacement.

Lots of hard work this pre season for Murray to meet that opportunity, I'd think.
Doesnt he have to build a tank ?

The ever optimist says ANB is in for Murphy. Thats the clear comparison. Murphy should be the 23rd player selected every week. Surely he doesnt survive all 3 inclusions plus young players. That would be an utter disaster at selection.
Murphy should be around 25th plus picked.

All 3 we brought in this trade period should be in the 22.

Plus Pick 4

And Curtin.

I bet Nicks sees it differently though.

That's a very simplistic view. And it ignores future pick trading. No point getting a pick back in this draft, but a future pick returned will help next year given what looks like at least 4-5 delistings.
It also gives the competition an impression of our mindset when it comes to negotiations in the future. If we’re weak now, people will assume we are going to be weak in the future. Was it Kelly who said he’s no good at playing poker…. God that’s still cringe.

Whats the point in getting a pick we will just pass on?

You'd think a future pick would be preferred, but you need to value the opportunity. At 48 there could another club's slider available and we get a future 3rd from them. If we don't take that pick, Melbourne have that opportunity. Obviously it's better in our hands than theirs.

Neither Dowling or Taylor were able to dislodge Murphy during the season, what makes you think they'll be ahead of him starting 2025? They're likely the first 2 out from final round 23 to make way for Peatling and ANB. Getting Cumming into the 23 would put Jones and Bond next at risk. Pick 4 probably should find a way into the side too.
Probably as they (Dowling/Taylor) play a different core position. The way I see it is that ANB plays the same role / position to Murph. Small forward who gets up and down the ground to often be an extra around stoppages. Including defensive work, Dowling/Taylor more mids/wing that rest up forward.

We will know early next year so very academic at this stage - hopefully Murph out

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back