Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I've deleted confirmed information

Rumors from September 30
  • FiveAA claims we are after Scott Borlace, current Head of Development at Brisbane (link)
  • Claims of Rory Sloane heading to Melbourne Demons as a development coach, but maybe not before asking for a job at the Crows first?
  • Inside Trading suggests we are interested in Gold Coast's pick 12 (link)
  • Inside Trading also suggests Clayton Oliver is possibly back on the trade table, but doesn't link him to any specific clubs

Rumors from October 1
  • We have offered Darcy Fogarty a five year contract extension early ahead of free agency (link)
  • We are attempting to lure Graham Wright to our football department (link)

Rumors from October 2-3
  • Graham Wright, who we are chasing as a head of football, is also being chased by Carlton for a CEO position (link)

Rumors from October 4-5
  • Gettable claiming pick 25 for Neal-Bullen and a future 2nd for Peatling (link)

Rumors from October 6
  • Tom Morris claims we are open to splitting pick 4 (link)

Rumor summary October 8
  • Jon Ralph claims we are not prepared to use a future 2nd on Peatling (link)

Rumor summary October 9
  • Graham Wright will not join Adelaide, instead taking up the Carlton CEO role (link)
  • Tom Morris claims the Peatling trade will involve future 2nd and 3rd round picks, and we have offered him a four year deal at about $600k per season (link)
  • Riley Beveridge claims we asked GWS if they were interested in one of our players in the Peatling trade (link)

Rumor summary October 10

• Collingwood are interested in Justin Reid as their new head of football (link)

Last edited:
Pull yourself together man!

You haven't even mentioned the 2x AA player they lose. Draft picks are unknowns.

Richards is a 25 yo who has played 9 games, who will ne traded for peanuts.
I am with that guy, i want them to fail.. since 2020 i have got all my enjoyment in footy from watching port fail. i get more jot lately out of a port loss than a crows win

You need to allow for no pre-season this year .....his marking has improved leaps & bounds, as has his ruck work

He just wasn't fit

His biggest issue, as an ex soccer player is, he tries to do the Maradona solo efforts too often ....doesn't use his midfielders often enough ....but he's definitely improving
He definitely still has a lot of improvement in him. Think he needs to grow the **** up though.

Cant argue with you over the kick, although at least draper can get it to his foot in less than 5.42 seconds, unlike ROB.

Ned McHenry in a clown costume at ruck position makes us better. ROB is a dead set liability.

Hitouts to advantage is a flawed stat, not to mention that ROB didn't share ruck duties at all. As I've said before go back and look at Drapers ruck work. its far superior and gives their midfield more opportunities than what we get.
Draper isn't better than ROB, and even if he was, it certainly wouldn't be worth spending any draft capital to pry him out of his contract.

All the players you named are injury prone ....Hopper, Lynch, and Prestia, struggle to string games together

Without experience around these draftee's .....you could see their development (confidence) being negatively impacted ......there's no guarantee, RICH hold these draftee's if they get this wrong

So not much difference to 2024 when all their experience was injured too

The position they will be in is not that different to us after 2020 (though 2024 Richmond actually had a higher percentage than us in 2020)

The difference will be Richmond having a stack of top draft picks. It'll be interesting to see how their rebuild compares to ours

He definitely still has a lot of improvement in him. Think he needs to grow the **** up though.
Fabulous character ....stays out after training talking to supporters, way more than any other player

I don't disagree though, he's footy immature .....I can't see him leaving ESS though

If all their players are fit in 2025, they'll field a similar team to 2024 except all the young players will be first round picks in a super draft instead of duds.

They'll still have Vlastuin, Prestia, Lynch, Short, Nankervis, Taranto, Hopper, Broad and Balta. Nearly half the side is 100 gamers if they're fit.

The biggest issue will be the lack of decent forwards and defenders

I reckon they could target a few DFAs and SSP picks
Thats a big IF IMO.

Also, 9 x 100 gamers is still a very low number in terms of experience when/if they are all fit. To put it in context the year we got our only wooden spoon we had 13 players on 97 games or above. And that was 3 seasons removed from a GF appearance.

Not to mention Broad, Lynch, Prestia, Nank and Vlaustin will all be 30-32 before the bye round. Personally, I wouldn't be putting my money on any of them to play 23 games in 2025.

Thats a big IF IMO.

Also, 9 x 100 gamers is still a very low number in terms of experience when/if they are all fit. To put it in context the year we got our only wooden spoon we had 13 players on 97 games or above. And that was 3 seasons removed from a GF appearance.

Not to mention Broad, Lynch, Prestia, Nank and Vlaustin will all be 30-32 before the bye round. Personally, I wouldn't be putting my money on any of them to play 23 games in 2025.

It's not that different to us. Richmond will be 4 years on from a winning grand final.

We had four 30+ year olds on the list compared to their five.

And throughout the 2021 season we had just 11 players on 100 games (Kelly on 90), and three of them played 0 games (Gibbs, Talia, Crouch) and both Brown and Lynch barely played half a season.

Depending on what they do with DFAs they'll probably be 1 or 2 players less experienced than us throughout the season, offset by a massive haul of first round picks.

I think it will be very interesting to see how they go

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just because they are considered even now doesn’t mean their careers will end up being even. I’m no fan of Hamish, but if we went with what you’re saying we wouldn’t even need talent evaluators, just take the 4th rated mid when our turn comes.

There is every chance we rate 1 or 2 of these kids much higher than the rest and so moving up makes total sense. Don’t forget Dangerfield and Ebert where rated very similarly before the draft.
You reminded me to look back on that draft

Gee there were some good gets available and of course some duds before and after. West Coast selected Ebert with their 2nd pick - Masten 205 games - was pick 3 1 after Cotchin

Rioli at 12 Picks 17, 18 and 19 were great

And a lesson for some Port took a ruck at 16 - Lobbe

Crows list manager on Magpies' radar for new footy boss
Collingwood is chasing Justin Reid as its head of football

would be a loss. Many here dont rate him but again shows people that matter in the industry do - just like Noble

Gettable boys raised an interesting point on Richmond. And whether they are really going to bring in potentially 7 or even 8 rookies and no senior players. Seems like a recipe for a 0 win season, despite how good this draft crop looks.
But they will - with good coaching and development - be quicker up the ladder than most
Made me think of guys like Laird, Milera, Smith and even Crouch. It seems obvious that Laird and Crouch won't play their preferred positions as much as they want anymore. And Milera and Smith will be lucky to get game's in 2025 IMO.

However, given the Tigers outs, all 4 of them could likely play every game in Richmond's best 22 in 2025. Laird or Crouch could probably win their B&F.
Maybe but not sure this is sound for them. But I dont rate experience that much that you get a cooked player just because experience

I totally agree that the current version of Draper is too flaky, I’m purely talking about his potential ceiling. After all that’s what we’ve done with Keays and Hinge.
Didnt we also rate Redman and Pettys ceilings?

It may be a development issue at Essendon but I dont rate ours any better

would be a loss. Many here dont rate him but again shows people that matter in the industry do - just like Noble
Mixed bag from him.

Some great trades and signings.

Some howlers and we have locked in to a few awful long term contracts.

That may be the nature of the industry these days, and or our reaction to losing shit loads of talent over the years though.

fingers-crossed-jenny-hagel.gif

The loss isn't the just an issue (although I'd argue 10 years is probably long enough), we can't seem to bring people in, so who the hell replaces him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back