Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I've deleted confirmed information

Rumors from September 30
  • FiveAA claims we are after Scott Borlace, current Head of Development at Brisbane (link)
  • Claims of Rory Sloane heading to Melbourne Demons as a development coach, but maybe not before asking for a job at the Crows first?
  • Inside Trading suggests we are interested in Gold Coast's pick 12 (link)
  • Inside Trading also suggests Clayton Oliver is possibly back on the trade table, but doesn't link him to any specific clubs

Rumors from October 1
  • We have offered Darcy Fogarty a five year contract extension early ahead of free agency (link)
  • We are attempting to lure Graham Wright to our football department (link)

Rumors from October 2-3
  • Graham Wright, who we are chasing as a head of football, is also being chased by Carlton for a CEO position (link)

Rumors from October 4-5
  • Gettable claiming pick 25 for Neal-Bullen and a future 2nd for Peatling (link)

Rumors from October 6
  • Tom Morris claims we are open to splitting pick 4 (link)

Rumor summary October 8
  • Jon Ralph claims we are not prepared to use a future 2nd on Peatling (link)

Rumor summary October 9
  • Graham Wright will not join Adelaide, instead taking up the Carlton CEO role (link)
  • Tom Morris claims the Peatling trade will involve future 2nd and 3rd round picks, and we have offered him a four year deal at about $600k per season (link)
  • Riley Beveridge claims we asked GWS if they were interested in one of our players in the Peatling trade (link)

Rumor summary October 10

• Collingwood are interested in Justin Reid as their new head of football (link)
  • GWS want our future 2nd and pick 46 for Peatling (link)

Last edited:
Random comment: in the Virgin lounge with the Melbourne AFLW team. Let me know if there’s someone I should talk to about making a move
Maybe see if the umpires that travelled are hanging out with them, having a good time. Seems like it would be so based on yesterday.

If you can’t see Reid is our best performed staff member in the recruiting and list management space then I don’t know what to tell you

I honestly reckon he's up against it. He's one of four primary votes and the other 3 are hopeless underqualified or proven underperformers for/in their roles. And I'm pretty sure that one of the conclusions that came from the external review was that Reid needed more power, so those guys rated what they saw from him. Whether he got it, is unlikely, Roo has been controlling that aspect and he's a dead set idiot.

I honestly reckon he's up against it. He's one of four primary votes and the other 3 are hopeless underqualified or proven underperformers for/in their roles. And I'm pretty sure that one of the conclusions that came from the external review was that Reid needed more power, so those guys rated what they saw from him. Whether he got it, is unlikely, Roo has been controlling that aspect and he's a dead set idiot.
I have maintained that I wouldn’t be surprised to see Reid leave us for a VIC club based on the historical difficulty getting players to SA (ironically this year his best efforts ever). Would be very frustrating for him.

Pies the biggest club in the land will be tempting and he already lives MLB. Let’s hope his loyalty to us is strong and he finishes the job that is getting close - building a contending team.

That said, won’t be surprised to see him take the Pies gig…which will be a shame as he is superior to many others in the footy dept

(Log in to remove this ad.)

theres no arguably about it. he is a worse kick than ROB.

do not want him verbatim
I think there's plenty of argument to be had.

Technically, I don't think you could have a worse form than ROB.

And if we look at the stats for the two of them from this season:

Draper averages 11.2 touches and 7.6 kicks a game compared to Rob's 11.5 touches and 6.3 kicks a game.
Draper goes at 61.6% disposal efficiency compared to Rob's 58.3%
Draper had an average of 216 meters gained compared to Rob's 111.8

Both are shit kicks at the end of the day, just don't think you can claim he's clearly worse than ROB.

Port given approval to trade future first
""In a statement released moments ago the AFL apologised to Port for not recognising Ken Hinkleys connection to Geelong ""

I have maintained that I wouldn’t be surprised to see Reid leave us for a VIC club based on the historical difficulty getting players to SA (ironically this year his best efforts ever). Would be very frustrating for him.

Pies the biggest club in the land will be tempting and he already lives MLB. Let’s hope his loyalty to us is strong and he finishes the job that is getting close - building a contending team.

That said, won’t be surprised to see him take the Pies gig…which will be a shame as he is superior to many others in the footy dept
Not sure too many clubs have done much better than Keays Hinge Dawson Rankine Cumming ANB Peatling so don’t think he will be frustrated at ‘not getting blokes to move to Adelaide ‘

Realise the first 2 we’re delisted FA

I think the main thing to tempt will be if he sees a football manager role at a big club like collingwood a move up on both counts

I think there's plenty of argument to be had.

Technically, I don't think you could have a worse form than ROB.

And if we look at the stats for the two of them from this season:

Draper averages 11.2 touches and 7.6 kicks a game compared to Rob's 11.5 touches and 6.3 kicks a game.
Draper goes at 61.6% disposal efficiency compared to Rob's 58.3%
Draper had an average of 216 meters gained compared to Rob's 111.8

Both are shit kicks at the end of the day, just don't think you can claim he's clearly worse than ROB.
Both are serviceable players, but both have tendency to let down the team and supporters are critical times.

But a straight swop with Essendon Draper for ROB wouldn't be the worse thing in the world.

To be fair, with all the people leaking rumours he’s been the most accurate thus far

He/him sprouts a couple of vague tidbits to get posters talking - if it goes through to the keeper he comes back on his more regular account and mentions it again to give it wheels.

Not sure too many clubs have done much better than Keays Hinge Dawson Rankine Cumming ANB Peatling so don’t think he will be frustrated at ‘not getting blokes to move to Adelaide ‘

Realise the first 2 we’re delisted FA

I think the main thing to tempt will be if he sees a football manager role at a big club like collingwood a move up on both counts
Firstly, I am Reidy biggest fan so pls be clear on that (stating previously my fear was we would lose him being SA based team and his frustration getting non SA boys to move here). He has done well under the circumstances with securing the important SA guys returning home overall in recent years (JHF didn’t want to come here) and his teams pick swaps close to best in the league.

But look at things holistically. If you take out the 2 FA as you say (would go anywhere), 2 returning SA boys in Rankine and Dawson and BEFORE this year we had not much to show despite trying for so many players in recent years. Last year alone Day, Redman, Oliver and Petty (dodged a bullet). Jezza Cameron and Martin a couple of big names from his early years with us.

Attracting players to Collingwood would be a much easier gig IMO. I am concerned we lose him

Port given approval to trade future first
Sarcastic Billy Gardell GIF by CBS

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back