Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I've deleted confirmed information

Rumors from September 30
  • FiveAA claims we are after Scott Borlace, current Head of Development at Brisbane (link)
  • Claims of Rory Sloane heading to Melbourne Demons as a development coach, but maybe not before asking for a job at the Crows first?
  • Inside Trading suggests we are interested in Gold Coast's pick 12 (link)
  • Inside Trading also suggests Clayton Oliver is possibly back on the trade table, but doesn't link him to any specific clubs

Rumors from October 1
  • We have offered Darcy Fogarty a five year contract extension early ahead of free agency (link)
  • We are attempting to lure Graham Wright to our football department (link)

Rumors from October 2-3
  • Graham Wright, who we are chasing as a head of football, is also being chased by Carlton for a CEO position (link)

Rumors from October 4-5
  • Gettable claiming pick 25 for Neal-Bullen and a future 2nd for Peatling (link)

Rumors from October 6
  • Tom Morris claims we are open to splitting pick 4 (link)

Rumor summary October 8
  • Jon Ralph claims we are not prepared to use a future 2nd on Peatling (link)

Rumor summary October 9
  • Graham Wright will not join Adelaide, instead taking up the Carlton CEO role (link)
  • Tom Morris claims the Peatling trade will involve future 2nd and 3rd round picks, and we have offered him a four year deal at about $600k per season (link)
  • Riley Beveridge claims we asked GWS if they were interested in one of our players in the Peatling trade (link)

Rumor summary October 10

• Collingwood are interested in Justin Reid as their new head of football (link)
  • GWS want our future 2nd and pick 46 for Peatling (link)

Rumor summary October 11

• Poster claims we are attempting to lure Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera, maybe in 2025 (link)
  • Tom Morris claims we will do the Peatling deal for pick 46 and a future 2nd provided there are other late pick swaps (link)

Rumor summary October 13

• Tom Morris suggests we have offered a trade involving a swap of future 2nds for Peatling (link)

Rumor summary October 15

• After West Coast got absolutely rogered, Cal Twomey claims we have offered either two future 3rds for Peatling, or a swap of 2nds and a future 3rd (link)
  • We have interest in Sam Davidson from Richmond VFL (link)
  • Mitch Cleary claims some GWS players are facing suspensions from the AFL due to behaviour at an end of season event (link)
  • Brett Montgomery is staying at GWS, meaning we were unsuccessful at luring him (link)

Last edited:
For all the port fans melting, I actually think this is ‘fair’ value.

Houston for pick 13 in a strong draft along with steak knives. That’s all he’s worth.

A (you’d suspect) late F1 for Luko is probably fair especially given the contract size.

Just because Melbourne stupidly offered 2 Firsts and Port started to dream doesn’t mean he’s worth two first rounders.

It’s also no one else’s fault Port sold their first round pick for a bunch of trash last year which made them desperate to get back in.

They could have likely gotten slightly better offers but the talk of two low firsts was always crazy. Port were also desperate to get their forwards and Rd 1 pick, and opposition clubs knew it (just like they did last year).

I still don’t get the Atkins part though…

Collingwood will be the perfect team for Houston. I was at the Port v Ess game where he kicked the winner after the siren. He’ll do well in big games in front of big crowds. Ice in his veins.

Houston for pick 13 in a strong draft along with steak knives. That’s all he’s worth.

A (you’d suspect) late F1 for Luko is probably fair especially given the contract size.

Just because Melbourne stupidly offered 2 Firsts and Port started to dream doesn’t mean he’s worth two first rounders.

It’s also no one else’s fault Port sold their first round pick for a bunch of trash last year which made them desperate to get back in.

They could have likely gotten slightly better offers but the talk of two low firsts was always crazy. Port were also desperate to get their forwards and Rd 1 pick, and opposition clubs knew it (just like they did last year).

Collingwood will be the perfect team for Houston. I was at the Port v Ess game where he kicked the winner after the siren. He’ll do well in big games in front of big crowds. Ice in his veins.

I rate Houston higher than that. Real difference maker. Particularly for a team like Collingwood. His foot skills on the MCG should be lethal.

They paid a future 1st for a guy who really isnt a key forward, and Lord could barely get a game when they were crying out for one.

Time will be the judge on Luko, I really don't know if he will make it but he is the best option out there.

Lord has been injured, again not sure he will make it but I'll give him another 12 months.

They have to move on from Dixon, Marshall and Finlayson.

They have father sons and Academy players coming through so their F1 may not be as important.

Someone remind me what ever happened to Atkins.

Went from being a pretty handy winger to a non-entity quite quickly.

I guess never came back after COVID?

He was found out and exposed at AFL level with us, then he moved to Gold Coast on a big contract and he couldn't get a game there because he remained exposed

He was found out and exposed at AFL level with us, then he moved to Gold Coast on a big contract and he couldn't get a game there because he remained exposed
37 games in the 4 seasons he was at the Suns - 17 in 2023

The Luko contract size is the thing.

They HAD to pay up because they offered a ridiculous deal. That is the only reason he went there, don't buy the Rozee factor.

Someone remind me what ever happened to Atkins.

Went from being a pretty handy winger to a non-entity quite quickly.

I guess never came back after COVID?
Adelaide forced him out at the start of the rebuild, knowing that he was another Fabio special (softer than butter).

GC inexplicably, and in a moment of monumental stupidity, signed him to a 5-year contract. He played 37 games over the first 4 years of that contract, but only 3 this year - Hardwick has no time for butter-like players. Now he's being traded back to SA for the last year of his contract.

Ahh... those were the days. Rat signed to a 5-year deal by GC, and Cam Ellis-Yolmen signed a 3-year contract with Brisbane, as a UFA - only to be sacked for refusing to take the COVID vaccine. Heady days for the banana benders!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Turn 13 into multiple later first round picks, how? There’s only 6 after their pick. If he’s talking next year the whole is they wanted to get back into this draft

They could trade it for Sydney's two late first rounders if they wanted

There was a suggestion on Trade Radio he isn't even going to play at all. Not even for the Magpies

As in he has bassically retired and Port fill his list spot mid season. Frees up money and list spot at GC.

Who said that? I doubt that's true....

Atkins finished 2nd in the reserves B and F and a few weeks ago said that he was keen to look for opportunities elsewhere in 2025.

I'm pretty certain that he's going there to continue his career.

Yep I think they’ve got one more year to contend

Then after that they are heading south gradually then fast , they haven’t timed things well re Tassie coming in

Have really sold their future
They’ll need McGuane to be really good, plus a few of their recent draftees (Allan, DeMattia, Jiath etc)

Just about premiership or bust, but they’ve put themselves in as good a position to do so as possible

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back