Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I've deleted confirmed information

Rumors from September 30
  • FiveAA claims we are after Scott Borlace, current Head of Development at Brisbane (link)
  • Claims of Rory Sloane heading to Melbourne Demons as a development coach, but maybe not before asking for a job at the Crows first?
  • Inside Trading suggests we are interested in Gold Coast's pick 12 (link)
  • Inside Trading also suggests Clayton Oliver is possibly back on the trade table, but doesn't link him to any specific clubs

Rumors from October 1
  • We have offered Darcy Fogarty a five year contract extension early ahead of free agency (link)
  • We are attempting to lure Graham Wright to our football department (link)

Rumors from October 2-3
  • Graham Wright, who we are chasing as a head of football, is also being chased by Carlton for a CEO position (link)

Rumors from October 4-5
  • Gettable claiming pick 25 for Neal-Bullen and a future 2nd for Peatling (link)

Rumors from October 6
  • Tom Morris claims we are open to splitting pick 4 (link)

Rumor summary October 8
  • Jon Ralph claims we are not prepared to use a future 2nd on Peatling (link)

Rumor summary October 9
  • Graham Wright will not join Adelaide, instead taking up the Carlton CEO role (link)
  • Tom Morris claims the Peatling trade will involve future 2nd and 3rd round picks, and we have offered him a four year deal at about $600k per season (link)
  • Riley Beveridge claims we asked GWS if they were interested in one of our players in the Peatling trade (link)

Rumor summary October 10

• Collingwood are interested in Justin Reid as their new head of football (link)
  • GWS want our future 2nd and pick 46 for Peatling (link)

Rumor summary October 11

• Poster claims we are attempting to lure Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera, maybe in 2025 (link)
  • Tom Morris claims we will do the Peatling deal for pick 46 and a future 2nd provided there are other late pick swaps (link)

Rumor summary October 13

• Tom Morris suggests we have offered a trade involving a swap of future 2nds for Peatling (link)

Rumor summary October 15

• After West Coast got absolutely rogered, Cal Twomey claims we have offered either two future 3rds for Peatling, or a swap of 2nds and a future 3rd (link)
  • We have interest in Sam Davidson from Richmond VFL (link)
  • Mitch Cleary claims some GWS players are facing suspensions from the AFL due to behaviour at an end of season event (link)
  • Brett Montgomery is staying at GWS, meaning we were unsuccessful at luring him (link)

Last edited:
With our hope of keeping our F1 and a F2 out of the Peatling deal does anyone think there could be any strategy other than wanting to trade it into this draft?

Keeping our options open for trading for Wanganeen-Milera next season?
Trying to position for Sharp - as unlikely as that would seem?
I do wonder if we are thinking of trading up to 2 with NM. They clearly love Tauru and Melbourne apparently do also at 5. It means North could get a F2 effectively for nothing.

I really hope we don’t now as North probably take Tauru and Carlton take FOS which means 2 of Draper, Smith or Draper would be available at our pick anyway.

Maybe wait to see what they have alleged to have done before having a "woke" tantrum, yeah?
Why would anyone possibly care what a mob of footballers we’ve never met wear to a private party? Seriously, the world has gone mad. So many people just itching to judge others.

I think we are needing to delist 2 players already as it is. Likely to be 2 of Smith, Schoenberg and Burgess to be re rookied.

With those 3 openings we could either use pick 4, Welsh (pick 64 points) and upgrade Keane..

Or use Pick 4, trade F1 into this draft and draft Welsh (Pick 64 points) leaving Keane on the rookie list for another year.
Second option would leave us with 1 too many Cat A rookies (Keane, Turray, Borlase, two payouts)

We’d have to know by the delisting deadline if we wanted to use the F1 to trade in, opening up an extra list spot

That’s assuming we’re willing to pay anyone out

With our hope of keeping our F1 and a F2 out of the Peatling deal does anyone think there could be any strategy other than wanting to trade it into this draft?

Keeping our options open for trading for Wanganeen-Milera next season?
Trying to position for Sharp - as unlikely as that would seem?

No whispers but I have a sense we are trying to keep our options open in case who we want isn't left at Pick 4. If Richmond get Pick 6 for Rioli we could go Pick 4 + F2 for Picks 6 & 14 or Pick 4 + F2 +F4 for 7 & 8 with St Kilda

Heard Rooch spinning the deal on SEN.

Port get pick 50. “That’s 273 points and that becomes important with father sons coming through”

Port give up picks 39 & 58. “And they aren’t very good picks anyway”
People see things differently.
“That tracksuit is falling apart and needs to be binned”
“This is the 1984 state tracksuit.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doubt suspension, maybe fines. It was a private event.

I’m not saying that Inagree with band - but people need to read the AFL statement

The event started as a private party then players went into the CBD still in full costume

Obviously- there has been complaints and given our game is now run by two ex Lawyers don’t be surprised if the AFL over reacts

My point is - people need to stop quoting it was purely a private event

It wasn’t

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

As posted on Port’s forum - this is there potential best 23

If they get any injuries - they are ****ed

View attachment 2142783

To improve our 22, I would take Bergman, Aliir, Rozee, rioli, georgiades, Sweet, Butters and Horne (maybe Farrell). Less than 50% of a team.

They've got a very good top end in Butters, Rozee, Horne and Bergman. 4 elite players. Unfortunately for them if falls away pretty quickly.

I’m not saying that Inagree with band - but people need to read the AFL statement

The event started as a private party then players went into the CBD still in full costume

Obviously- there has been complaints and given our game is now run by two ex Lawyers don’t be surprised if the AFL over reacts

My point is - people need to stop quoting it was purely a private event

It wasn’t

It was. Only players were present when the offensive skits occurred. Lawyers picnic.

Rowey yesterday: Crap deal, they should keep Houston
Rowey today: They've nailed it again

I can't even.....
Lol, I just don't know why anyone bothers to listen to him.

Not only does he act like a clown... he is a clown!

I look forward to Cumming and Peatling being suspended, with Perryman copping a fine.
Which high profile Victorian team plays GWS in round 1...

You really are a downramper, you thought Port Power would get pick 2 from North or pick 3 from Carlton for Houston lol.

Vine Wtf GIF

It was a joke. I was joking.

we can only assume that maybe the dress ups where seen to be offensive in public

Either way - bans seem a little heavy handed

Unlikely. Would anything like this be more offensive than all the unreported things going on every night in Sydney streets?
Anyway, the article I read made it abundantly clear that the suspensions resulted directly from the skits at the party, which occurred with only players present.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back