Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

If Langford is our target wouldn't he be there a few picks later than 4? A trade back could be had surely.
Ironically the flavour of the day for the Blues at Pick 3 is now Langford. :drunk:

This will be some 3D chess happening at our pick 4 if we land who we want. :think:

Ironically the flavour of the day for the Blues at Pick 3 is now Langford. :drunk:

This will be some 3D chess happening at our pick 4 if we land who we want. :think:
I had the top 5 picks being Smith, Lalor, FOS, Draper, Tauro in any order. Langford at 3 would be interesting . Makes pick 4 more valuable to some you would think.

If Langford is our target wouldn't he be there a few picks later than 4? A trade back could be had surely.
That's no chance of happening, he wouldn't get past Melbourne if we went with someone else. The top 5 (excluding Ashcroft) will be out of Lalor, FOS, Draper, Langford and Smith, the chance of anyone else getting in there seems very slim at this stage. Recruiters seem quite set in stone on who the best 5 players are, it's just a matter of what order each of them are.

That's no chance of happening, he wouldn't get past Melbourne if we went with someone else. The top 5 (excluding Ashcroft) will be out of Lalor, FOS, Draper, Langford and Smith, the chance of anyone else getting in there seems very slim at this stage. Recruiters seem quite set in stone on who the best 5 players are, it's just a matter of what order each of them are.

I thought both North and Melb were both keen on Tauru?

I thought both North and Melb were both keen on Tauru?
They are, but it won't be with a top 5 pick given the quality depth of mids at the top. If North take him it means they split pick 2 and traded down; if Melbourne take him it would be with 9. Twomey absolutely loves him, but his very likely draft position is still 8-12.

You guys talk about u/18's as if they're the finished product. The sellar and dangerfield/ebert drafts taught me never to worry about an SA player or even a draft again 😂

We'll draft some names, maybe some will be from SA and in 3-5 years we'll find out if they're any good, and most likely they won't be good as hamish is picking them and nicks is developing them 😃

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I personally hope we just take Draper, I cant be arsed with all the return home conjecture every year.

Draper offers us some break away speed, I am over getting inside bulls.
Absolutely if he is available at our pick as splitting hairs on the alternatives around him.

Pick local when not much between the players.

Fair enough. At least we know we should be getting some quality in.
We just need to not do anything stupid... no trading down, no getting cute with the pick... & we will have a gun midfielder.

I was thinking more 'moves like Jagga' and 'this rolling stone not gathering any moss ' as he breaks from a contest. 'Paints the Powers hearts black'. Etc.
You just know it's going to be all of the above with Dwayno

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back