Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 36 18.1%
  • No

Votes: 163 81.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Jeez if we leave trade week with only a fringe 29 year old from Melbourne, while giving away our only currency for unders… there might be a mutiny from the fans on Roo.

Last year we were told there was just no one on the market. Now there are a heap of player movement, we have 12 months to plan. Something big has to happen.

Seeing AVB has played 96 games in the last four year at Melbourne, calling him a fringe is a bit far fetched. Dude is locked in best 22 at the Dees.

The latest whispers from West Lakes.

The Good News; We will take pick 4, pick 25 and pick 42 to the draft. We expect Welsh will be (well) below pick 25 so pick 4, pick 25 and Welsh.

The Bad News;
Oliver - No
Pickett - No
Petracca - Never in the hunt
Lukosius - No
Rosas - No
Perryman - No
Cumming - No

The Ugly;
Only 4 changes to the list
Keane (R) - Gone
Parnell (R) - Gone
Hamill (R) - Gone
McHenry - Gone
No trade interest in Gollant, Berry, Schoenberg and Himmelberg. Gollant and Himmelberg move to the Rookie list on a 1 year contract.

The Diabolical;
Melbourne still want pick 25 for ANB but we are holding firm. Collingwood won’t give up pick 32 for Keane and are offering pick 42. We might have to give up our F2 for ANB. Worst case scenario is the ANB deal falls through and we keep Ned on the list for another year.

Uncontracted players (Parnell, Hamill, Gollant, Himmelberg, Burgess and McHenry) are trying to find another club but some might get a 1 year contract from us if nothing else falls our way during the trade period.

Pretty much the opposite to what I was advised re Luko and Cumming by someone within the 4 walls of the club.

Also that Keane not going anywhere.

the other 3 are gone.

ANB requested a trade a month ago, whereas Lukosius was told he could explore a trade in his exit interview less than a week ago. They're hardly similar situations.
The talk of Luko moving back to SA has been a topic of discussion for well over a month. Nicks met him several weeks back.

The talk of Luko moving back to SA has been a topic of discussion for well over a month. Nicks met him several weeks back.

And yet, a month later, it's not even been established he wants to leave the Suns. Whereas ANB formally requested a trade in-season. Lukosius not nominating a club, when he hasn't even declared a desire to leave, isn't indicative of anything.

And yet, a month later, it's not even been established he wants to leave the Suns. Whereas ANB formally requested a trade in-season. Lukosius not nominating a club, when he hasn't even declared a desire to leave, isn't indicative of anything.
As I said early, maybe he is waiting for Port's 2024 Finals campaign to end before any announcement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I assume if the Pies are offering pick 42 for Keane, he isn’t going anywhere right?
Read somewhere else that although Houston has publicly said he's staying, he's still open to a move for the right deal this year

And somewhere it's been mentioned that there's interest from Collingwood - probably using whatever they get from GC for Noble and next years first?

Does this mean they've given up on Keane?

Pretty much the opposite to what I was advised re Luko and Cumming by someone within the 4 walls of the club.

Also that Keane not going anywhere.

the other 3 are gone.
Its incredible and quite fascinating how their can be such 180 degree different posts to other posters. At least yourself and S85 saying we are a good chance for Luko and then other posters GC/T13 saying we have missed out on him.

Thats why posters going off the deep end may just want to wait before throwing so much shit at the club as otherwise you end up looking stupid based on one persons perceptions/info. IF Crows only end up getting ANB then fair enough, go hard and its clearly not good enough and someone needs to be held accountable

Clayton Oliver is very much gettable, more to come out of the Petracca story.

On SM-T636B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I couldn't give a f*** about this.
man we are normally on the same page but I am surprised by this. It would be a dog act unless exceptional circumstances (player overseas holidaying with a 12 hour time difference etc) and I would be very disappointed by the club doing this ESPECIALLY with Rowey an influential media person and club Ambassador. Frankly, I find it hard to believe

man we are normally on the same page but I am surprised by this. It would be a dog act unless exceptional circumstances (player overseas holidaying with a 12 hour time difference etc) and I would be very disappointed by the club doing this ESPECIALLY with Rowey an influential media person and club Ambassador. Frankly, I find it hard to believe
It'd go against the culture that Nicks has supposedly built

And look at the saints list, Reid had zero list management experience prior to the job, imo he has to be a big part of the failure that is currently the list.
For years there’s been a big disconnect between coaches and list management, so how big a part can nicks be in list management?

Reid is there more for admin, analytics and negotiations. Most of the time he is given the broad strategy and he has to try and make it work.

For example the list group which does have input into might tell him for this off season
1) Take pick 4 and second round to the draft, take Welsh
2) keep future first round
3) Bring in ANB and Luko if possible
4) Start prioritising a replacement for ROB. He comes back with options/ targets with a recommendation.

The Luko one is probably not achievable unless number one is compromised so he goes back with options of how he can make that work.

Nicks would have significant input into any contract extensions. Not the length or money but how much he values the player.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back