Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 36 18.1%
  • No

Votes: 163 81.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The Luko one is probably not achievable unless number one is compromised so he goes back with options of how he can make that work.

Nicks would have significant input into any contract extensions. Not the length or money but how much he values the player.
Surely Nicks must value Luko enough to have traveled to QLD and entice him to the Crows?

The latest whispers from West Lakes.

The Good News; We will take pick 4, pick 25 and pick 42 to the draft. We expect Welsh will be (well) below pick 25 so pick 4, pick 25 and Welsh.

The Bad News;
Oliver - No
Pickett - No
Petracca - Never in the hunt
Lukosius - No
Rosas - No
Perryman - No
Cumming - No

The Ugly;
Only 4 changes to the list
Keane (R) - Gone
Parnell (R) - Gone
Hamill (R) - Gone
McHenry - Gone
No trade interest in Gollant, Berry, Schoenberg and Himmelberg. Gollant and Himmelberg move to the Rookie list on a 1 year contract.

The Diabolical;
Melbourne still want pick 25 for ANB but we are holding firm. Collingwood won’t give up pick 32 for Keane and are offering pick 42. We might have to give up our F2 for ANB. Worst case scenario is the ANB deal falls through and we keep Ned on the list for another year.

Uncontracted players (Parnell, Hamill, Gollant, Himmelberg, Burgess and McHenry) are trying to find another club but some might get a 1 year contract from us if nothing else falls our way during the trade period.
McSpudry gone an ugly thing???
Does not compute.

Surely Nicks must value Luko enough to have traveled to QLD and entice him to the Crows?

Definitely. There is no way Reid brings him in without Nicks approval.

The Burgess one could of been different. The list group would of decided we needed a forward ruck so it's Reid job to find the best one available. Nicks probably wouldn't of been familiar enough with him to judge.

Why would he nominate a club when his current club is playing off in a finals series? We won't know anything about Cummings or Perryman until GWS finals series is over.
thats what i just said in another post i was querying the pessimism source when he hasn't nominated

Also - if we have to keep one, why tf would we keep Gollant over Hamill
It relates to the balance of our list.

Hamill has had a good season but we all know he is one collision away from retirement. There are more options for the role of a small/medium sized defender (Michalanney, Bond, Milera, Laird, Ryan, Hinge, Jones). We have three quality tall forward (Tex, Fogarty and Thilthorpe) but then we are down to Gollant, Burgess and Himmelberg (plus Curtin if we decide to play him forward).

So many players we (Bigfooty posters) would like to delist but we can’t get rid of them all.

Yes, because we hold Pick 42.

Given Adam Kelly’s previous efforts, I can see why they would try this route.

Kelly coming back “ they drove a hard bargain but I managed to get pick 42 for Keane, I guess it’s a draw”

Everyone else in the list management group with their heads in their hands

Given Adam Kelly’s previous efforts, I can see why they would try this route.

Kelly coming back “ they drove a hard bargain but I managed to get pick 42 for Keane, I guess it’s a draw”

Everyone else in the list management group with their heads in their hands
they probably offered 32 which got lost in translation to 42

BUT better the irony of us having 42 and another club trying to trade something we own back to us is downright hilarious 😆 and so typical of our list management ineptness

It relates to the balance of our list.

Hamill has had a good season but we all know he is one collision away from retirement. There are more options for the role of a small/medium sized defender (Michalanney, Bond, Milera, Laird, Ryan, Hinge, Jones). We have three quality tall forward (Tex, Fogarty and Thilthorpe) but then we are down to Gollant, Burgess and Himmelberg (plus Curtin if we decide to play him forward).

So many players we (Bigfooty posters) would like to delist but we can’t get rid of them all.

Hamill had a good season?

He played 7 games. Was okay defensively, but completely useless offensively.

He never played more than 3 games in a row.

In what world is that a good season?!?!?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Funnily enough, i think Rosas offers more for our list than Lukosius in that Rosas structurally frees up Rankine and Rachele to be virtually full time mids that only need to pinch hit forward
if luko is prepared to play wing thats just as important

getting moophy out of the team is the most important though agree

There's no evidence this has happened beyond what some purported ITKs have said.

My favourite "whisper" so far is that Collingwood will only stump up Pick 42 for Keane. We'd be right to be ropeable at that - it's our pick.
I’m just seeing a lot of posters respond to said rumours saying they don’t mind missing the targets as they don’t rate them highly. We as a club evidently do and it’d be poor to come out of the trade period with only ANB.

Tom Morris on SEN this morning “I think Lukosius wants to get to Adelaide. Sorry i’ll rephrase that. I think Lukosius does want to leave and it would be to Adelaide. Certainly Adelaide feel like they are well and truly in the hunt for Lukosius”

yeah but crombad69 said otherwise so obviously it's so over Tom Morris you MORON what would you know?

The latest whispers from West Lakes.

The Good News; We will take pick 4, pick 25 and pick 42 to the draft. We expect Welsh will be (well) below pick 25 so pick 4, pick 25 and Welsh.

The Bad News;
Oliver - No
Pickett - No
Petracca - Never in the hunt
Lukosius - No
Rosas - No
Perryman - No
Cumming - No

The Ugly;
Only 4 changes to the list
Keane (R) - Gone
Parnell (R) - Gone
Hamill (R) - Gone
McHenry - Gone
No trade interest in Gollant, Berry, Schoenberg and Himmelberg. Gollant and Himmelberg move to the Rookie list on a 1 year contract.

The Diabolical;
Melbourne still want pick 25 for ANB but we are holding firm. Collingwood won’t give up pick 32 for Keane and are offering pick 42. We might have to give up our F2 for ANB. Worst case scenario is the ANB deal falls through and we keep Ned on the list for another year.

Uncontracted players (Parnell, Hamill, Gollant, Himmelberg, Burgess and McHenry) are trying to find another club but some might get a 1 year contract from us if nothing else falls our way during the trade period.
Either all of this is 100% true or someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed and wanted to express their emotions via BF

Tom Morris on SEN this morning “I think Lukosius wants to get to Adelaide. Sorry i’ll rephrase that. I think Lukosius does want to leave and it would be to Adelaide. Certainly Adelaide feel like they are well and truly in the hunt for Lukosius”

yeah but crombad69 said otherwise so obviously it's so over Tom Morris you MORON what would you know?
Wish I could double like just for this reference alone 👏

As I said early, maybe he is waiting for Port's 2024 Finals campaign to end before any announcement.
possibly and maybe he just hasnt decided yet. or even heading to a MLB club as has been mentioned he isnt that keen on returning to ADL
do you think there will be a 'bigger name' traded in the off season? A
all the doom and gloomers are allowed to just post whatever they want with no need to back it up but he does?
I am generally unaware of the names AND accuracy of posters who have posted rumours previously with one exception. Triiger13 said back in May the below - and he was 100% correct. If S85 posts that Crows are in pole position for Luko AND has a credible source then I tend to believe him. I havent seen him post rumours before but deals in facts (not always as H Clapper as myself haha) but not the sort of bloke to make shit up. Now I am not passing any judgement on anyone else here - just that I tend to believe (choose to believe) S85 here

Trigger13 post in May below (and yes I understand he posted we missed Luko but seemed perhaps less defintive)

What’s my track record? How bloody arrogant. Sick of this board.

The last time I posted ‘intel’ was when I spoke to someone in the medical game/colleague with intimate knowledge of Thilly’s knee injury. I posted that his injury was worse than the initial recovery time quoted by the club. To which some people like yourself couldn’t handle. It’s almost like people get offended when they aren’t privy to anything. Who friggin cares.

Yet here we are; thilly still on the sidelines.

I also posted when Nicks had the job in the bag. And got absolutely smashed for it.

No wonder people stop posting what they hear.

There should be a rule that you have to have a track record to post on this thread? Is that where we are at?

And yes. I’m fully aware that my intel in Keane’s case isn’t yet fact. I’m merely reporting what this person has told me. That’s it.

It’s coming from a usually positive poster in CG, which gives me concern

But I can’t see our situation even becoming that dire

He's also prone to dramatise. It's possible that he's just accumulated all the posts from the bedwetting tools and trolls into a single piece of artwork.

My apologies.

Collingwood have other plans currently for pick 32 (their first pick in the draft). They also have two third rounders, pick 48 and pick 50. I will be happy to admit my mail is wrong if we get pick 32 or better.
A few queries mate. Any reason we missed on Rosas? We didnt want him or he doesnt want to come here?

And what is your mail saying about Luko (staying GC or other team?) and Cummin?

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back