Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 34 17.6%
  • No

Votes: 159 82.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Would be nice to get some that can have an impact next year, though (unless Edwards and Ryan progress quicker than expected)

Rosas wouldn’t provide the run/carry but he’d help us become more athletic in the forward half, for instance
If you want to play three talls you also need someone that is lightning fast (rosas) and manic tough pressure (ANB). Clearly if they are interested in roses, rankine is going to be mostly mid next year. I dont mind it and just strachan and smith rookie them. if someone nix them (they wont) so be it...

Yep, absolutely. But as well as those two are tracking, ultimately we can't really bank on them making major contributions in the next couple of years.
The Hawks have got a lot out of their 1-3 year players in terms of adding to their speed this season, no reason a player like Ryan can't surprise us next year. It's not like anyone saw how well D'Ambrassio would perform after only a handful of games at the Bombers.

To be fair is Ciao who has never been right with anything
He does love to troll.

I saw us linked with Garcia from the Bulldogs again the other day. Think it was a Twomey article.

If you want to play three talls you also need someone that is lightning fast (rosas) and manic tough pressure (ANB). Clearly if they are interested in roses, rankine is going to be mostly mid next year. I dont mind it and just strachan and smith rookie them. if someone nix them (they wont) so be it...
Rachele/Keays/ANB/Rosas is a nicely balanced small forward mix, if we could pull that off

Btw if Burgess is in fact contracted, he’s the prime candidate to move to the rookie list

Rachele/Keays/ANB/Rosas is a nicely balanced small forward mix, if we could pull that off

Btw if Burgess is in fact contracted, he’s the prime candidate to move to the rookie list
hes not contracted. if seen three sources now saying hes not contracted (unless they each just copy each others bad data). burger rings just needs to leave

He's also prone to dramatise. It's possible that he's just accumulated all the posts from the bedwetting tools and trolls into a single piece of artwork.
My point 100%

Then in the next breath he will complain about said bedwetters and tools and trolls

hes not contracted. if seen three sources now saying hes not contracted (unless they each just copy each others bad data). burger rings just needs to leave

I think everyone's just copying Footywire, which is a great site but a bit dodgy with player contracts because it assumes, by default, that new clubs just inherit a player's existing contract. I don't think the club have ever said anything about Burgess's contract. Perhaps that's evidence we just picked up his Suns contract, but I'm not sure.

I think everyone's just copying Footywire, which is a great site but a bit dodgy with player contracts because it assumes, by default, that new clubs just inherit a player's existing contract. I don't think the club have ever said anything about Burgess's contract. Perhaps that's evidence we just picked up his Suns contract, but I'm not sure.
i could not believe we took him. they must have forced our hand to get that trade through. look how fussy reid has been in who he has brought in and then they trade in that. come on. suspect they just finished off his contract. id be amazed if its longer than this year. we would be even dumber than i thought.

proof we are dumb:
putting moophy in the leadership group

extending berry when list spots are problematic and there was a suitor

not delisting moophy and mchenry earlier

extending borlase and letting keane go - if true

Can we please start banning some people in here that constantly say they have intel and are always wrong and have no idea. You know who you are…. Just making shite up, Adelaide are usually the most secretive clubs in trying to recruit. We’ve never had any inside knowledge in this group. The closest thing we ever had was some Redhorse who was wrong also 😂

Even if Keane wanted to leave I doubt he hates the club so much he’d refuse to play for us (especially considering we’ve granted him personal leave). Like Himmelberg last year I think he stays unless we find cover for him.

i could not believe we took him. they must have forced our hand to get that trade through. look how fussy reid has been in who he has brought in and then they trade in that. come on. suspect they just finished off his contract. id be amazed if its longer than this year. we would be even dumber than i thought.

proof we are dumb:
putting moophy in the leadership group

extending berry when list spots are problematic and there was a suitor

not delisting moophy and mchenry earlier

extending borlase and letting keane go - if true
There was legit concern over our KPP health at the end of 2023

Murray was dealing with an ACL and Butts was dealing with a Linsfrac injury

Burgess was purely to provide a little cover

We then had Thilthorpe out for the first half of the season and Tex missing games early with a back injury

He was cheap coverage in a position of need involved in a trade that gifted us P14, that we then used in trade with GWS for Dan Curtin

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stephen Rowe saying we delisted Jimmy via text message. Sounds like something we'd do.
I know of a former AFL player that heard he was being delisted by a mate who heard it on the news. Sure he was being rookie'd for the following year, but not the way I'd want to hear that sort of news myself.

Maybe it's not as uncommon as people think.

Hang on a minute, even a broken clock is right twice a day.
I distinctly remember a few years back that some rumour monger (may have even been the old horse himself) was cryptically posting that we were getting someone with a hyphenated name. It's finally happened with ANB.
Amazing.
I remember this, was a poster with Ormond-Allen as his profile picture

Can't remember their username

I know of a former AFL player that heard he was being delisted by a mate who heard it on the news. Sure he was being rookie'd for the following year, but not the way I'd want to hear that sort of news myself.

I have heard that a current crows player was dropped earlier this year, and never received any feedback as to why or what he needed to work on by the coaches.
Maybe it's just our coaches are shit in dealing with players.

A few queries mate. Any reason we missed on Rosas? We didnt want him or he doesnt want to come here?

And what is your mail saying about Luko (staying GC or other team?) and Cummin?
My mate at West Lakes was not specific re where players would be going. I simply gave him a list of names and his response was No, no, no, no, no, no and probably (ABN) but that could still hit a late hurdle.

I have posted one previous rumour in the last 12 years (as AFGM) and it was 90% accurate. I was subsequently abused by the usual suspects so I have not passed on anything since then.

The proof of the pudding……..

It’s absolutely ****ing hilarious watching people twist themselves inside out as every twist and turn on the roller coaster comes into play.
People need to just relax and wait for it to unfold.

No doubt we’ll be in for another excellent haul by the end of trade week, like most years.

Yeah, but that's kind of like say... one of Parnell's mates coming on bigfooty and reading about what's probably going to happen and then telling him that's what's going on.

And then later when it happens, he has already found out from a different source.

My mate at West Lakes was not specific re where players would be going. I simply gave him a list of names and his response was No, no, no, no, no, no and probably (ABN) but that could still hit a late hurdle.

I have posted one previous rumour in the last 12 years (as AFGM) and it was 90% accurate. I was subsequently abused by the usual suspects so I have not passed on anything since then.

The proof of the pudding……..
What does 90% accurate mean? You are either correct or not.

Yeah, but that's kind of like say... one of Parnell's mates coming on bigfooty and reading about what's probably going to happen and then telling him that's what's going on.

And then later when it happens, he has already found out from a different source.
I disagree. His mate heard it on a news broadcast so it had been publicly released, not some hearsay on a forum.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back