Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 36 18.1%
  • No

Votes: 163 81.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

All would be material improvements. We have massive weaknesses in ruck & midfield - Anderson & Moyle would fill these gaps nicely. Andrew would be a definite upgrade on both Butts & Keane. I wouldn't have any problems with Flanders replacing Nankervis or Bond.

Luko... just doesn't upgrade our team the way these other players would. Could be why they're all required players at GC, while Luko is not?
Flanders would be no.2 mid behind Anderson if both were at the Crows.

If we have Walker, TT & Fog in our team, then there's no place for Luko.

Maybe I should start calling him Fabio... "I can't believe he's not butter".
You really are clueless, Luko would play wing/high half forward and Tex will be gone next year for starters and there's no guarantee his back issues don't flare up again at his age.

All three's eyes would light up when leading to Luko's i50 delivery.

Tex will be lucky to play 12 games.

I'm not sure how that's ok. Whatever happened to continuity having value or selection integrity. If Tex is fit, surely he plays and the only change compared to this or last year is that he might have an extra couple of games rest. There's no way that Tex has signed on to play SANFL, he'll be playing as many games as he can, which I expect will be closer to 20 than 12. Unless he's similarly injured to this year, I don't think he'll play injured next year.

So you are saying there was genuine confusion then if a swag of players were screaming it was a goal while the others quickly play on based on the wrong call of the goal umpire. Textbook why the field umpire should have brought it back to check, technology was there. Remember this is different to an onfield decision being questioned where the technology is not in place to review.

There was no confusion, the goal umpire confidently called a point, the Sydney players went straight into kickout mode, the game flowed as normal.

Seriously, WTF. From our perspective however perhaps not a bad thing as Eagles rumoured / perceived to be more likely to take Draper?

West Coast would be open to trading its No. 3 pick to Richmond if it secures Liam Baker with all options open as both WA clubs await an official decision on the Tigers vice-captain.
The depth of the draft means the Eagles might be prepared to accept a pick back later in the top 10 if they secure their man.

Richmond’s new chief executive Shane Dunne this week warned rivals it will take something “extraordinary” to drag contracted players Shai Bolton and Daniel Rioli out of Punt Rd.

Baker is uncontracted, and while he is leaning towards the Eagles, his management has told the Dockers and West Coast he is yet to come to an official decision.

With quality WA-based talent later in the first round like Bo Allan, the Eagles could be prepared to hand the Tigers a second top-three selection, secure Baker and then still take an early pick.

The Eagles will also secure pick 12 from Hawthorn as part of the Tom Barrass trade, but will also want another selection in this year or next year’s draft.

Hawthorn has made clear to the Eagles it will not play hardball, but West Coast will want more than pick 12 for the contracted premiership defender.

Despite some industry speculation, the Eagles are not particularly interested in uncontracted Hawks’ former top-10 pick Denver Grainger Barras, so at this stage he will not be part of that deal.

Last edited:
I just think Borlase is very dependable when called on and can do a job for us as needed. He is certainly not the worst defender.

But we know his ceiling is limited and we're still rebuilding. His spot should be used to see if we can unearth the next Bock, Truck, Murray, Butts etc. Different story if Keane was heading off, but even then, locking in depth in a rebuild is stupidity. We need to be taking risks to try and improve our best dozen. If injuries happen and depth is exposed and it costs us a couple of spots on the ladder, then good.

Last edited:
You really are clueless, Luko would play wing/high half forward and Tex will be gone next year for starters and there's no guarantee his back issues don't flare up again at his age.

All three's eyes would light up when leading to Luko's i50 delivery.

So does that mean signing him for another year was yet another poor Justin Reid list management decision?

Of course, his back issues will flare up again. It was a terrible decision to have Tex go another year.. not very team-first by the club.

PORT’S MEGA OFFER FOR PERRYMAN

Port Adelaide’s six-year offer for Harry Perryman is much more lucrative than the Hawthorn offer, which will give rise to hopes that the Power can land the free agent in coming weeks.

The Power have offered six years and around $800,000 for Perryman, and while the Hawks were keen their interest came at a time when fellow free agents Blake Hardwick and Conor Nash were considering their futures.

So while the Hawks are still keen on Perryman the financial element of their deal is similar to GWS, which is offering closer to $600,000.

Hawthorn is unlikely to budge on its offer, while clubs desperate for Perryman are considering whether to offer seventh-year triggers as an added lure to get him to their teams.

Be bold crows. With pick 4 take either one of FOS or Draper or Lalor hoping one of them will be there. Then be in the ear of the clubs with the following picks to try and tempt them to trade out their pick for our pick 27 and F1 if it could land another of the top mids. It may not be enough to tempt but imagine walking away from this draft with say Draper, Lalor, Welsh and then have traded in ANB and Cumming. I have no problems whatsoever trading out next years pick if it helped us snare another of this years top end mids.

I used to stills to illustrate what the video shows.

I.e the ball doesn’t hit the post, and it’s nowhere near the padding.

Using the two angles the replay is 100% conclusive, it wouldn’t have been umpires call, it would have been overturned.

I don't disagree with that, I just don't think those stills provide the evidence. The video that the Footy Show used shows clearly that the ball didn't hit the post. As long as the reviewer had access to those, then it should have been overturned, had a review been called.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Be bold crows. With pick 4 take either one of FOS or Draper or Lalor hoping one of them will be there. Then be in the ear of the clubs with the following picks to try and tempt them to trade out their pick for our pick 27 and F1 if it could land another of the top mids. It may not be enough to tempt but imagine walking away from this draft with say Draper, Lalor, Welsh and then have traded in ANB and Cumming. I have no problems whatsoever trading out next years pick if it helped us snare another of this years top end mids.

Agree. It would be a disgrace if Draper is there with our pick and we don't take him!

So does that mean signing him for another year was yet another poor Justin Reid list management decision?

Of course, his back issues will flare up again. It was a terrible decision to have Tex go another year.. not very team-first by the club.
WTF are you on? Even if Tex plays half the games as our spiritual leader and only AA forward we have had for years - only last year - and a great mentor to our young potential elite forwards inc TT, Rachele etc it’s a great bonus for us. Of course we could fit Luko in as well - stupidity arguing otherwise.

This forum if taken at face value - which is becoming difficult with all the fake and alias accounts - has the biggest tendency to whinge and find negatives and wet beds in EVERY single situation.

Say wat!!

Of course Lukosius would be best 22 in our team, he's versatile and one of the best kicks in the competition.

Have a look at the talent level Dimma has at his disposal compared to us for starters.

15 1st round picks on their list this season and several others that would have been 1st rounders if available to other clubs.
We must be getting close to 15 no? I think we have 12 or 13.

I would 100% look at trading our first round pick next year to try and get another pick inside the top 10. I would like for us to try for Gold Coasts pick 6, St Kildas pick 7 or Freos pick 9 or 10.
of course WE would want to do that but has ANY club EVER given up a top 10 pick - let alone a pick 6 - for ONLY a F1?

Seems unrealistic to me that we can get these picks for a F1 but of course we would do it if we could

Really? Show me your best 22 team that keeps Luko out.
Luko would ideally be playing the role Tex currently has. So if he comes to us next year he would need to be playing somewhere else as Tex will still be there for most games.

I think he would be great on the wing delivering into the forward 50, but he has said his preference is to be playing forward which wont really work with Fog, RT and Tex all still there next year. So who knows if his interest has now dropped with us extending Tex another 12 months.

Luko would ideally be playing the role Tex currently has. So if he comes to us next year he would need to be playing somewhere else as Tex will still be there for most games.

I think he would be great on the wing delivering into the forward 50, but he has said his preference is to be playing forward which wont really work with Fog, RT and Tex all still there next year. So who knows if his interest has now dropped with us extending Tex another 12 months.
I just can't see it. Luko has nothing like the contested marking game Tex has and nowhere near the body strength Tex has for rucking in the forward line and outbodying his opponents. Its why Luko to my eye is much better suited further up the ground where he can roam, lead ad then use his very good kick to hit up our forwards and be an option as a connector from defence.

I would 100% look at trading our first round pick next year to try and get another pick inside the top 10. I would like for us to try for Gold Coasts pick 6, St Kildas pick 7 or Freos pick 9 or 10.

I think the only ones available would be:
13 (GC)
20 (GC)
17 (BRIS)

Unless we're trading a quality player which I don't see us doing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back