Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 36 18.1%
  • No

Votes: 163 81.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Be bold crows. With pick 4 take either one of FOS or Draper or Lalor hoping one of them will be there. Then be in the ear of the clubs with the following picks to try and tempt them to trade out their pick for our pick 27 and F1 if it could land another of the top mids. It may not be enough to tempt but imagine walking away from this draft with say Draper, Lalor, Welsh and then have traded in ANB and Cumming. I have no problems whatsoever trading out next years pick if it helped us snare another of this years top end mids.
Agreed. All chips in if we think the quality is on the board still.

I just can't see it. Luko has nothing like the contested marking game Tex has and nowhere near the body strength Tex has for rucking in the forward line and outbodying his opponents. Its why Luko to my eye is much better suited further up the ground where he can roam, lead ad then use his very good kick to hit up our forwards and be an option as a connector from defence.
But my point was more the fact that he has said he wants to leave the Suns as he is not being played forward. Would he still want to come to us if we can't give him much forward time now Tex is there again?

Luko... just doesn't upgrade our team the way these other players would. Could be why they're all required players at GC, while Luko is not?
Have you seen what the Suns have coming down their Suns Academy pipeline, another top 10 in Leo Lombard this year, probably goes a fair bit higher if in the open draft, Zeke Uwland next year who would probably be rated #2 behind Dyson Sharp next year. Their pick 3 in 2023 Jed Walter is a KPF with the potential to be one of the very best in the Comp.

Edit *
Did I mention Beau Addinsal, Jai Murray and Kalani White also for 2025.....:)

Last edited:

But my point was more the fact that he has said he wants to leave the Suns as he is not being played forward. Would he still want to come to us if we can't give him much forward time now Tex is there again?
Well yeah, thats a problem then as we have Thilthorpe and Fog who are our Key forwards. Unless Luko is happy to settle for the wing / high half forward role where he can roam and still impact the scoreboard?

But where would Luko play for those 12 games? Not ideal to shuffle him around the ground just to make room for Tex.
Tex will play every game his is physically fit for. He will not be rested for games as Nicks will want to scrape us in to the wildcard game so he can pressure our weak as piss board for a new contract as he won’t want the distraction in 2026

I'm big on neck height.

Some 200cm players are not really 200cm because they have huge necks

Surely what matters is height to the shoulders, and then wingspan, which would create total vertical reach. How long your head and neck are is irrelevant
Tipping you weren't a fan of Gladstone Small then?

If we have Walker, TT & Fog in our team, then there's no place for Luko.

Maybe I should start calling him Fabio... "I can't believe he's not butter".
Why can’t he play the linking player on the wing (ala Tom Lynch)? He has a beautiful field kick.

I dunno why people have so much doubt in Borlase. He's like Ben Keays to me. He'll leave no stone unturned, not be afraid to put in any amount of effort to get better. If you've seen how far he's come from his early days to now its amazing. People thought Keays wouldn't improve much but he's come a long way and got a lot better, even the haters on this board would now begrudgingly admit Keays is at AFL level and deserves his place in the team. I think Borlase will get a bit better yet.
Agree with Keays comment but Borlase the issues are structural in nature and can’t be improved with 110% effort and drive. Those obviously being his physical traits of lack of height and lack of pace

Have you seen what the Suns have coming down their Suns Academy pipeline, another top 10 in Leo Lombard this year, probably goes a fair bit higher if in the open draft, Zeke Uwland next year who would probably be rated #2 behind Dyson Sharp next year. Their pick 3 in 2023 Jed Walter is a KPF with the potential to be one of the very best in the Comp.

Edit *
In this draft were would you think Lombard gets bid on would it be a risk if we bid on him at 4 to dry up some draft capital at the suns

Any player who is repeatedly dropped from GC s
Another one of your fake stats

He played 21 games this year 22 last year 13 the year before and 22 the one before that

He played 78 games from 89 and one season missed 10 games

Not sure '' repeatedly '' is correct but at least it suits your fake narrative

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tex will play every game his is physically fit for. He will not be rested for games as Nicks will want to scrape us in to the wildcard game so he can pressure our weak as piss board for a new contract as he won’t want the distraction in 2026
Going to be difficult when there won't be a wildcard round next year

Edit *
Has any other team got anywhere near the talent both ALREADY on their books (was it 15 first rounders with many top 5 someone said?) and effectively guaranteed another handful incoming thru these ridiculously generous Academies?

Has any other team got anywhere near the talent both ALREADY on their books (was it 15 first rounders with many top 5 someone said?) and effectively guaranteed another handful incoming thru these ridiculously generous Academies?
And still never played in finals?

And still never played in finals?
True but I think we all know it’s coming:

• most elite talent they have ever had
  • Academy players now dominating drafts meaning no go home factor we have seen historically
  • triple flag winning coach
  • admittedly had a very easy draw this year but lost LOTS of games by a goal or so IIRC
  • many key players now into 4 years + (Rowell, Anderson, Flanders, King plus HEAPS of other more recently drafted likely elites like Mac Andrew, the 4 x first rounders 2023 etc)

IMO they win at least 2 flags in the next decade, I don’t think ANY other club is as well set up playing wise as GC. God we would die for some of their talent

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back