Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 34 17.6%
  • No

Votes: 159 82.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah not sure it's blaming the AFL. It's the way it turned out. The most difficult fixture as it turned out. Certainly wasn't premeditated.
Very likely the difficult fixture was a direct result of our request for having many games in prime TV time slots. Those slots usually go to the better performing team - so in requesting lots of prime time slots, we were effectively requesting lots of games against the top teams.

Very likely the difficult fixture was a direct result of our request for having many games in prime TV time slots. Those slots usually go to the better performing team - so in requesting lots of prime time slots, we were effectively requesting lots of games against the top teams.

Absolutely. As a club you want these fixtures! Just a shame we went 1-6 in them and showed the nation what a bozo our coach is.

The latest whispers from West Lakes.

The Good News; We will take pick 4, pick 25 and pick 42 to the draft. We expect Welsh will be (well) below pick 25 so pick 4, pick 25 and Welsh.

The Bad News;
Oliver - No
Pickett - No
Petracca - Never in the hunt
Lukosius - No
Rosas - No
Perryman - No
Cumming - No

The Ugly;
Only 4 changes to the list
Keane (R) - Gone
Parnell (R) - Gone
Hamill (R) - Gone
McHenry - Gone
No trade interest in Gollant, Berry, Schoenberg and Himmelberg. Gollant and Himmelberg move to the Rookie list on a 1 year contract.

The Diabolical;
Melbourne still want pick 25 for ANB but we are holding firm. Collingwood won’t give up pick 32 for Keane and are offering pick 42. We might have to give up our F2 for ANB. Worst case scenario is the ANB deal falls through and we keep Ned on the list for another year.

Uncontracted players (Parnell, Hamill, Gollant, Himmelberg, Burgess and McHenry) are trying to find another club but some might get a 1 year contract from us if nothing else falls our way during the trade period.
Extremely disappointing if true

People sometimes forget that the process to land a Cumming is months in the making

We were into Dawson from round 1 of his last season, even before he had is post mid-season purple patch

Players rarely suddenly change interest because a late club comes knocking unless the offer is sizeably different

1. I can’t see how Port can offer better contracts to either player

2. How do they get the Luko deal done ?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Cummings is an unrestricted free agent. No negotiation other than his salary is required.

Jeez if we leave trade week with only a fringe 29 year old from Melbourne, while giving away our only currency for unders… there might be a mutiny from the fans on Roo.

Last year we were told there was just no one on the market. Now there are a heap of player movement, we have 12 months to plan. Something big has to happen.

I'd have to search my ever fading memory but I think I picked it as a hugely shit fixture from the start.

I noticed the time slot bonanza though and thought that wasn't the kind of 'compensation' I was looking for after being cheated out of finals.
correct - anyone not understanding that as the 10th based team we were initially shafted by being given the 6th hardest draw. Thats where the AFL shafted us. And then as things played out - as proven by excellent analysis who normalised the draw by eradicating the double up game - we were shafted even more in reality by BAD LUCK. So both AFL and bad luck (2 years in a row) meant we had the most difficult draw. Not a difficult concept and for whoever called it a brainless argument its frankly offensive

100%. Port is pushing him out, they've done well to create the media narrative that Houston is driving this. Their list management is not only better but how they go about it. They don't put players offside as much, just business.
Well Houston clearly has to agree otherwise its no deal. For example, we may want to get rid of Laird and even if there was another club stupid enough to pick him up with his salary Laird can still say NO DEAL.

Houston apparently is on much less than market rates and is therefore incentivised financially to seek a new contract (eg perhaps he is on 650k for the next 4 years but could go elsewhere and get 850-900k for 5 years)

My gut feel is we end up with Luko, along with ANB

Which is good and all, but giving up what is likely to be an F1 for Luko and change, as well not addressing our speed concerns, isn’t a home run IMO

what are you talking about? has cumming nominated a club yet?
Why would he nominate a club when his current club is playing off in a finals series? We won't know anything about Cummings or Perryman until GWS finals series is over.

My gut feel is we end up with Luko, along with ANB

Which is good and all, but giving up what is likely to be an F1 for Luko and change, as well not addressing our speed concerns, isn’t a home run IMO
I wonder if Luko is waiting for Port to crash out/win the finals before nominating them?

Surely he would have nominated us by now?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ANB is an awesome get
Im more excited over the thought of Cumming than Luko. If we fail on both I’ll be extremely disappointed…more disappointed if either get to Port.
Ffs; why make an announcement that we will go hard this off season and then not?
I hope these BF rumours are bull****

All the evidence shows the clubs list management is gutless.

Too afraid to go all in on players they rate. Too afraid to invest heavily in youth and do a reset. Too afraid to cut old players loose. Too afraid to look a bloke in the eye and tell him it's over.

A weak scared club.

That's enough positively from me today, PEACE OUT.
How about you just wait for the actual final results before you continue to wet your bed repeatedly. If we only get ANB the constant shit you are throwing at the club is warranted. If not, you will look like a clown for jumping at shadows

The latest whispers from West Lakes.

The Good News; We will take pick 4, pick 25 and pick 42 to the draft. We expect Welsh will be (well) below pick 25 so pick 4, pick 25 and Welsh.

The Bad News;
Oliver - No
Pickett - No
Petracca - Never in the hunt
Lukosius - No
Rosas - No
Perryman - No
Cumming - No

The Ugly;
Only 4 changes to the list
Keane (R) - Gone
Parnell (R) - Gone
Hamill (R) - Gone
McHenry - Gone
No trade interest in Gollant, Berry, Schoenberg and Himmelberg. Gollant and Himmelberg move to the Rookie list on a 1 year contract.

The Diabolical;
Melbourne still want pick 25 for ANB but we are holding firm. Collingwood won’t give up pick 32 for Keane and are offering pick 42. We might have to give up our F2 for ANB. Worst case scenario is the ANB deal falls through and we keep Ned on the list for another year.

Uncontracted players (Parnell, Hamill, Gollant, Himmelberg, Burgess and McHenry) are trying to find another club but some might get a 1 year contract from us if nothing else falls our way during the trade period.

Well, that would be a disaster. Just complete incompetence.

I wonder if Luko is waiting for Port to crash out/win the finals before nominating them?

Surely he would have nominated us by now?
I don’t think Luko waiting is a sign of him not nominating us. As others have said, Dawson nominated us a bit later

You could be right, but I sense that one’s still up in the air, whereas I feel Cumming to Port might be an already made decision

ANB is an awesome get
Im more excited over the thought of Cumming than Luko. If we fail on both I’ll be extremely disappointed…more disappointed if either get to Port.
Ffs; why make an announcement that we will go hard this off season and then not?
I hope these BF rumours are bull****
People need to relax, this off-season you speak of hasn't even started yet :rolleyes:

I'm sorry but for me would be one of the biggest fails of the year, irrespective of where we've finished on the ladder.

For a club with a lot of room to move with our salary cap, and who've publicly indicated that we've got draft picks on the table, this would show for me that ONCE AGAIN we're unable to bring in Non-SA talent into our team.

We are in desperate need for players within that 24-30 range. Missing out on a player in Cumming who has a connection to Tex (and Surely Nicks who was with GWS as a senior assistant coach in that Cumming's 2nd year) is deplorable.

Lukosius is a Crows fan, and surely we've been in his ear since he was first drafted to GC. People keep banging on about him being great mates with Rozee, but surely Rankine would have been super close to him too...

ANB I think is a really good get, but far out if Port get ahead of us with a combination of Luko/Cumming/Perryman then I think we need a huge reset in our list management space.

Maybe I'm a happy clapper, but I'd happily be clapping if they marched the entire management team out of the building and told them not to return if THAT is the outcome of our off season.

We're wasting every opportunity giften us by being the largest club in the state, and soon we may not even be that any more.

It’s coming from a usually positive poster in CG, which gives me concern

But I can’t see our situation even becoming that dire

He said Collingwood would only offer Pick 42 for Keane. That's our pick. Collingwood have pick 48. It's an immediate tell that the post is nonsense.

Suspect lots of people are just exploiting the fact that folks in here are even more downbeat than usual. The more boring truth is that Cumming and Perryman are focused on a finals campaign, and Lukosius is probably on holiday. Tom Morris just said on SEN early this morning that if he decides to leave the Suns, we'd probably be his destination.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back