Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 34 17.6%
  • No

Votes: 159 82.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Errol Gulden this year?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
If you think for one second Gulden is playing for less money/advantageous financial position you'd have to be pretty naive. It's not simply what a club offers money-wise in the contract, we've never been able to compete with outside forces like shonky real estate arrangements e.g.

Dusty martin when we threw the adelaide treasury at him?
Lol. Do you really think Martin was ever going to lose out financially by not taking our monster deal? Jesus this board!

Edit: Martin made it clear himself on 'The Footy Show' I think...or after the show where they made a huge fuss about the announcement of where he was going to play, he'd be making up the money in other ways. I don't remember his exact words.

Last edited:
Why? Because we ended up with a fixture much more difficult than a 10th position team should have m. That's why.
Totally agree and I too have complained about this

but what if we said we want an easier fixture and they said, no youre an exciting high scoring team we will get your tv ratings up. you cant have an easy fixture. but we wont send you to the rat and so on, more primetime and we took it. cos its all we could get.

we should have challenged the sydney game immediately. mcguire would of. nice guys come last.

we should have challenged the sydney game immediately. mcguire would of. nice guys come last.
If we challenged at all in the first half we would have won in a canter

The goal umpiring decision was an issue because we played like utter garbage when it mattered, the same as in almost every important game under Nicks

immediately lodged protest over innacurate recording of the score. im not getting into an argument but lawyers can do amazing things.

The score was recorded correctly.

The decision to award a point instead of a goal was the issue. An umpire error. Its a slippery slope and not one club would have done anything different than we did.

If we challenged at all in the first half we would have won in a canter

The goal umpiring decision was an issue because we played like utter garbage when it mattered, the same as in almost every important game under Nicks
Absolutely immaterial, however challenging it would be a complete waste of time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

what's the consensus here on Rosas?

looks like he'd be a good addition to the forward line to me.

Nice seeing him celebrate with Rankine in his YouTube highlights clip!
Don’t like the way he has been developed @ GC, started career well with typical flashes of brilliance
on field you would get one qtr of Betts then 3 qtrs Newchurch.
Then was heaps of pressure on him, plenty saying he would replace Rankine from within club apparently .
Needs the right coaching and really lift his concentration imo.

Don’t like the way he has been developed @ GC, started career well with typical flashes of brilliance
on field you would get one qtr of Betts then 3 qtrs Newchurch.
Then was heaps of pressure on him, plenty saying he would replace Rankine from within club apparently .
Needs the right coaching and really lift his concentration imo.

His trending not much different to Stengel at the same time

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Despite having a new name, I am a previous poster that got slammed to share insight and rumours.

Most gossip is 3rd hand rumours that can't be confirmed as truth. However, I try to share a consolidated assumption of the pieces of information that come to the table to add to a discussion whilst we all await for off-season actual outcomes.

The list:
1. The AFC are looking to add maturity to our SANFL program to help development, I assume some desisted mature players.
2. The AFC highest priority is adding a top-level midfielder to the list, C.Oliver is a name I have heard is not just media spin.
4. There is interest in an Essendon young midfielder but Richmond in a better box seat but in general Essendon gets mentioned a fair bit (Unsure why).
5. Mark Keane 5 year deal on table

On SM-T636B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Would you take a pay cut if your employer came to you asking you to agree despite having a contract?

I don’t think it’s that simple. If they want him and his backloaded years off the books but he wants to stay, then they have leverage to renegotiate the deal. Seems though that suns might not be keen to accept the trade value discount on a contract they need to jettison. Wanting their cake and eating it too.

Last edited:
There's a distinct disrespect on ANB's level in here.
He's a very very good footballer.

People saying 'fringe' and 'average' don't know enough about football.

Ok, I was exaggerating when I said ‘fringe’. He’s a great get and will fit into the side well.

But he’s hardly a player that we take us from bottom 4 to top 4.

I will be happy when the trade gets done, it just can’t be the only trade we get done this off season.

I'm out of the country but I see Luko is more than likely staying put.

Is that the latest take?
Jon Ralph had an awful opinion as fact story about him taking a pay cut to remain at the GC whilst Sam Morris says he wants to go to us specifically. We all know who the more reputable of the two are but trade period is a long ways off still.

Despite having a new name, I am a previous poster that got slammed to share insight and rumours.

Most gossip is 3rd hand rumours that can't be confirmed as truth. However, I try to share a consolidated assumption of the pieces of information that come to the table to add to a discussion whilst we all await for off-season actual outcomes.

The list:
1. The AFC are looking to add maturity to our SANFL program to help development, I assume some desisted mature players.
2. The AFC highest priority is adding a top-level midfielder to the list, C.Oliver is a name I have heard is not just media spin.
4. There is interest in an Essendon young midfielder but Richmond in a better box seat but in general Essendon gets mentioned a fair bit (Unsure why).
5. Mark Keane 5 year deal on table

On SM-T636B using BigFooty.com mobile app
I feel like the Oliver saga will resurface again after finals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back