Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 34 17.6%
  • No

Votes: 159 82.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

So why would he agree to anything less
He shouldn't, but they're reporting that he may take a pay cut to remain despite being out of favour. Crouch stayed on at the Crows despite being told he may well be playing SANFL all year. Unless Lukosius has a partner that refuses to come to Adelaide, I don't see why he would even consider a pay cut to stay and play VFL.

Why would Luko take a pay cut? If his contract is back ended, then he’s already taken his pay cut.

He’ll take full value for these last 2 years that he’s entitled to. Year 3 he’ll take what the market gets him.

Still trying to work out whose benefit that story serves.
Not the people trying to clear cap space ....

He shouldn't, but they're reporting that he may take a pay cut to remain despite being out of favour. Crouch stayed on at the Crows despite being told he may well be playing SANFL all year. Unless Lukosius has a partner that refuses to come to Adelaide, I don't see why he would even consider a pay cut to stay and play VFL.
i bet the partner doesnt earn 1M per annum. you follow the money. its not forever.

Is it just me, or do back ended deals seem like Afterpay...just horrible financial management.

Buy now, pay later.
It'll work itself out...right?

Nothing wrong with wearing the risk if the trade off is maintaining your spot around the top few and potentially snaffle a flag. When you've never played finals it's a vastly different scenario.

Last edited:
Further to this, in the same article ☝️

Anyone read this sort of 👇rubbish added into an article before?

St Kilda could still secure a second top-ten pick if Josh Battle’s contract hits a first-round compensation trigger, so the Saints might have an early pick to hand over.

Carlton will struggle to find a way to give up early picks for Houston, while the Pies would need to find a first-round pick to secure his services.

The Power is chasing GWS free agency defenders Harry Perryman and Isaac Cumming, who are yet to decide their futures as the season rolls into September.

The club’s responsible salary cap management means it could retain Houston and find space for the pair if they decided on the Power as their club of choice.

Hawthorn remains in the mix for Perryman, who would ideally stay at the Giants but has bigger financial offers elsewhere.

The Power have half back Josh Sinn off contract next year and rebounder Kane Farrell becoming a restricted free agent so stocking up on half backs is responsible list management.
Wouldn't be surprised if that was written by Chris Davies and given to the journo

Would you take a pay cut if your employer came to you asking you to agree despite having a contract?
It's like asking for a pay rise that you deserve and instead of giving it to you straight away, they ask you to take a smaller incremental rise with a larger rise in a few years time. You agree and when it comes time to increase, they change their mind and want you on less. No sane person would agree to that if there's a contract in place, but perhaps these guys make so much money that money isn't a factor anymore?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would you take a pay cut if your employer came to you asking you to agree despite having a contract?

If they said I could drink on the job...I'd consider it

Imagine Luko on the cans game day

"Erin, what is the situation with Luko, he just went down the race"

"I think he's off for a quick chunder boys, he'll be good to go in a couple of minutes"

I know of a former AFL player that heard he was being delisted by a mate who heard it on the news. Sure he was being rookie'd for the following year, but not the way I'd want to hear that sort of news myself.

Maybe it's not as uncommon as people think.

Its not uncommon - but it definitely is a sign of a poorly run club.

Very likely the difficult fixture was a direct result of our request for having many games in prime TV time slots. Those slots usually go to the better performing team - so in requesting lots of prime time slots, we were effectively requesting lots of games against the top teams.
Agree certainly. Pissed at the club for prioritising money money money.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back