Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 34 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 160 82.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah, I get swings and roundabouts for on-field umpiring decisions.

But this was a goal that we kicked, for which we were awarded one point. Entirely different category.
Tony Liberatore Board

It only matters if you let it. We let a home game slip against a mid-table team, with a finals spot on the line.

And as we've proven this year sans goal umpiring howler, the problem is purely us.

They don't necessarily need to be 200cm+ IMO, but they must have extra good athleticism. 195cm or taller is probably OK but looking at what's coming down the pipeline that looks to be the minimum.

Look at job Worrell did on McKay in Gather round last year - it was that game that made it apparent we didn’t desperately need to hold on to Doedee to play the 3rd “tall”. Worrell effectively nullified 204cm McKay - but as we see also has the ability to go on mid size players
McKay isn’t as athletic as Darcy but it does show that around 195-197 with athleticism can adequately do the job

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like Baker but I'd be absolutely pissed if Adelaide spent pick 3 on him.

Surely this is the VIC media trying to help the Tigers out?
Baker is a nice player - but dare I say on 2024 form I would rather Ben Keays who must have been some chance for AA squad by years end.

Could you imagine anyone suggesting that trade for Keays?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Have you seen what the Suns have coming down their Suns Academy pipeline, another top 10 in Leo Lombard this year, probably goes a fair bit higher if in the open draft, Zeke Uwland next year who would probably be rated #2 behind Dyson Sharp next year. Their pick 3 in 2023 Jed Walter is a KPF with the potential to be one of the very best in the Comp.

Edit *
Did I mention Beau Addinsal, Jai Murray and Kalani White also for 2025.....:)
... I've also seen Jack "I can't believe I'm not Butter" Luko play.

Say wat!!

Of course Lukosius would be best 22 in our team, he's versatile and one of the best kicks in the competition.

Have a look at the talent level Dimma has at his disposal compared to us for starters.

15 1st round picks on their list this season and several others that would have been 1st rounders if available to other clubs.
We had 14 first round picks.

We’re just horrendous at using them on players that warrant first round selection so it’s easy to miss.

Surely it’s along the lines of 3 + WC’s 2nd for 6 + Baker (assuming they get 6 for Rioli)

They might do it to have a certainty of getting Lalor or Draper?
Why would West Coast give up pick #3 for a gun, when their 2nd rounder on its own is plenty?

Nah this has Crows written all over it.

It's like Wayne Carey all over again we are just so desperate and we are gonna blow our future for it
I agree we have a desperate club... which dangerous when combined with stupidity.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back